Pre-cruise reservations and HIA package question

Our HIA has 1 specialty dining and 1 shore excursion. When making a reservation do I have to pay at time of reservation, or money is not taken until time of event or pay at time of reservation is discounted by package? How exactly does this work? I like to pre-book everything if possible.

When you go to book either restaurant or shore excursion the booking engine will automatically apply your HIA credit where available. Anything you reserve beyond that will need to be paid by credit card at the time of booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:
9 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

How exactly does this work? I like to pre-book everything if possible.

As Kirk said, you can pre-book on line. There may be check boxes to indicate each person's credit.

• Thanks 1

When booking your shore excursions put them all in your cart then when you check out the HIA shorex credit will then be taken out of the grand total. If you book and pay individually, you can lose some of your credit. For example, if a shore excursion is for $90 and you use the $100 Shorex credit the left over $10 is lost. I found this out the hard way on our HAL cruise last year. If you have multiple excursions in your cart the full $100pp credit is deducted from the grand total.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

When booking your shore excursions put them all in your cart then when you check out the HIA shorex credit will then be taken out of the grand total. If you book and pay individually, you can lose some of your credit.

That was not my experience on the NS in March.  We had a $200 credit and booked 2 excursions for $160.  Later, we decided to book another excursion that was $49.  The $40 credit that remained was applied to our 3rd excursion.  We only paid the $9 balance.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, 0106 said:

That was not my experience on the NS in March.  We had a $200 credit and booked 2 excursions for $160.  Later, we decided to book another excursion that was $49.  The $40 credit that remained was applied to our 3rd excursion.  We only paid the $9 balance.  

This has been my experience  - even a small amount was still available and I only paid the difference. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Our experience as well, in 4 cruises now with HIA. HIA money carried over to the next excursions we booked.

• Like 5

The issue may be that the box on the online itinerary that shows credits (for shorex and dining) may read “Redeemed” although the balance under the $100 (or 2 or 3) may stay in the background and not be “visible.”  Good to know it does remain available. 

Michael

• Like 1

Absolutely it remains available.  

We wanted to us OBC in conjunction with our unused credit balance and the credit balance is still showing as available .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1