Elite Plus --Complimentary cappuccino, latte, tea, expresso

mfabz

Just became Elite Plus Captain's club member.  Please help me understand the -- "Complimentary cappuccino, latte, tea, expresso" -- perk. The person I just spoke with at the Captain's Club could not answer my questions.

Does this apply to coffee you may get at Cafe Bacio?  Is there a limit to the number of drinks that you may have in a day? 

Any input you may have would be appreciated .

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfabz said:

Just became Elite Plus Captain's club member.  Please help me understand the -- "Complimentary cappuccino, latte, tea, expresso" -- perk. The person I just spoke with at the Captain's Club could not answer my questions.

Does this apply to coffee you may get at Cafe Bacio?  Is there a limit to the number of drinks that you may have in a day? 

Any input you may have would be appreciated .

Thanks

any coffee, tea and chocolate - hot and iced -  served in Al Bacio. Does not include any version with alcohol. 

Also the same drinks from Al Bacio 2 ( found just inside the buffet on some ships.)

Also lattes etc with dinner (MDR etc).

Also Lattes etc at any bar that has an espresso machine.

No limits on the number of drinks.

Our number one Elite+ perk.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Does this perk also apply to the Second Al Bacio in the Oceanview Cafe on the S and E class ships?

You must’ve been posting simultaneously because the post above yours answers that

1 minute ago, kebrown said:

Does this perk also apply to the Second Al Bacio in the Oceanview Cafe on the S and E class ships?

It applies to any venue that serves specialty coffee. The one in the Oceanview cafe and if you order in the MDR or a specialty restaurant. 

2 hours ago, mfabz said:

The person I just spoke with at the Captain's Club could not answer my questions.

That employee is literally useless considering that's one of the most basic perks of Elite Plus and is a simple question for someone working at the Captains Club desk. I had a similar situation when the Apex first sailed and I had just become Elite Plus and the matre D at Luminae had no idea what I was talking about and was going to charge us for after dinner espressos even though the Elite Plus premium coffee perk applies in Luminae.

1 hour ago, kebrown said:

Yes, but when you hand your card, I highly recommend you point out the E+ / complimentary status. Especially if the order is taken at your table.  

I have several times been charged at the secondary location. Guest Service removes the charge, but why waste a trip or call. 

Frankly, the staff up there is always so busy, and many have less experience. They cannot always be counted upon to be up on all the tier benefits or even check for eligibility all the time.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, the penguins said:

any coffee, tea and chocolate - hot and iced -  served in Al Bacio. Does not include any version with alcohol. 

Also the same drinks from Al Bacio 2 ( found just inside the buffet on some ships.)

Also lattes etc with dinner (MDR etc).

Also Lattes etc at any bar that has an espresso machine.

No limits on the number of drinks.

Our number one Elite+ perk.

We are Elite+ and my DW will be so excited when she hears hot chocolate is free at Al Bacio, as we will no longer book a cabin with the All Included package and get our bottled water and glasses of wine during Happy Hour!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That employee is literally useless considering that's one of the most basic perks of Elite Plus and is a simple question for someone working at the Captains Club desk. I had a similar situation when the Apex first sailed and I had just become Elite Plus and the matre D at Luminae had no idea what I was talking about and was going to charge us for after dinner espressos even though the Elite Plus premium coffee perk applies in Luminae.

Errr...my biggest pet peeve about Celebrity...training.  If one doesn’t know an answer, ask a supervisor or look it up!  

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are Elite+ and my DW will be so excited when she hears hot chocolate is free at Al Bacio, as we will no longer book a cabin with the All Included package and get our bottled water and glasses of wine during Happy Hour!

pleaseed to have helped make your DW happy.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:08 AM, kwokpot said:

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Errr...my biggest pet peeve about Celebrity...training.  If one doesn’t know an answer, ask a supervisor or look it up!  

I've had issues in the past, and what seems to work is to say "There should be no charge because I'm elite plus, correct?".  One issue was the crew member didn't even know Elite+ shouldn't be charged in the first place which was surprising, the other time they said there was a charge for it on embarkation day.  In both cases, a more senior crew member corrected the crew and promised I would receive a refund.  Never did, had to go to guest services

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 6:48 AM, cruisestitch said:

Yes Cafe Al Bacio

no limit

I just want to point out for anyone reading this, they like one drink at a time per seapass.  They've made exceptions for me when Ms. Nuts was still asleep and I didn't take her card but just pointing out the rules don't allow you to get 4 drinks at a time

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I've had issues in the past, and what seems to work is to say "There should be no charge because I'm elite plus, correct?".  One issue was the crew member didn't even know Elite+ shouldn't be charged in the first place which was surprising, the other time they said there was a charge for it on embarkation day.  In both cases, a more senior crew member corrected the crew and promised I would receive a refund.  Never did, had to go to guest services

we had the same issues on different cruises - employee said charge on embarkation day, employees not knowing elite+ shouldn’t be charged. No one issued the refund and had to go to guest relations on different cruises. How hard is it to train the staff?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

we had the same issues on different cruises - employee said charge on embarkation day, employees not knowing elite+ shouldn’t be charged. No one issued the refund and had to go to guest relations on different cruises. How hard is it to train the staff?

Six months ago I mentioned the embarkation day exclusion to Celebrtiy/X on Twitter/X, wouldn't be a training issue if they removed the Elite happy hour embarkation day exclusion.  I also mentioned RCI doesn't exclude it.  Like when I asked them earlier about X serving inferior spiny tail lobster while RCI and Carnival serving superior Maine lobster, they replied "We're happy with the current offerings"

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Six months ago I mentioned the embarkation day exclusion to Celebrtiy/X on Twitter/X, wouldn't be a training issue if they removed the Elite happy hour embarkation day exclusion.  I also mentioned RCI doesn't exclude it.  Like when I asked them earlier about X serving inferior spiny tail lobster while RCI and Carnival serving superior Maine lobster, they replied "We're happy with the current offerings"

I never had any problem getting the coffees on embarkation day and I have been Elite Plus for a lot of sailings. If my order is not at Cafe Bacio. I do remind them in a confident manner there is no charge. Never had any backlash. I presume that if they had any uncertainty they asked their supervisor. 

19 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I never had any problem getting the coffees on embarkation day and I have been Elite Plus for a lot of sailings. If my order is not at Cafe Bacio. I do remind them in a confident manner there is no charge. Never had any backlash. I presume that if they had any uncertainty they asked their supervisor. 

It's only happened to me once.  The issue is, that there isn't "uncertainty", they just give you a receipt with a pen.  I mention it should be free as I'm elite plus, they respond "Not on embarkation day", it's only when another seemingly more senior worker corrects them.  So from now on, I confirm with them it is free

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 1:21 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Never a charge…Yes with elite +…with a smile‼️

Edited by Lastdance
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Never a charge…Yes with elite +…with a smile‼️

We haven't been as lucky.  Mistakes happen, no biggie, but in both cases, we were told they'd be crediting it (we never even signed either receipt) and in both cases, they never issued one.  They might as well tell you "Our bad, to receive a credit go to guest services"

On 4/24/2024 at 8:59 AM, Lastdance said:

With a huge turnover and Celebrity has exactly the same issues as every other company (probably more with the international crews who mostly have no experience).  Instead of getting upset I was told to gang up and redial if on the phone, walk away and ask someone else if in person, and forget chat as it is usually hopeless.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

With a huge turnover and Celebrity has exactly the same issues as every other company (probably more with the international crews who mostly have no experience).  Instead of getting upset I was told to gang up and redial if on the phone, walk away and ask someone else if in person, and forget chat as it is usually hopeless.

I forgot to add...just don’t make up the answer, as seasoned cruisers do have an extensive knowledge base about cruising.  Yes, there are so many companies where customer service is a huge issue, not just cruise lines.  Well, hopefully things will improve with customer service, leaving us with fewer issues to resolve.

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We haven't been as lucky.  Mistakes happen, no biggie, but in both cases, we were told they'd be crediting it (we never even signed either receipt) and in both cases, they never issued one.  They might as well tell you "Our bad, to receive a credit go to guest services"

Once the error has been made its always simpler just to pop down to GR to get the credit/refund applied. Do it early in the morning or late in the evening when there are no lines- just takes a couple of minutes.