BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

Just now, sewgood said:

Julie was I were on the same excursion in Bar Harbour, she said she was feeling better but she did still have a cough at times but at least she was out and about.

Hopefully two days later she is starting to fully recover.

I am, thanks, Carole, although I'll probably have a slight cough for a few more days until my lungs settle down again. 

• Like 3

Princess put on a very good spread today for lunch in the buffet.

We had a sushi and dessert extravaganza for the final day of those getting off in New York.

It was very popular with all the cruise passengers.

This is our first time being on part of a world cruise and even though it costs a bit more per day than your average cookie cutter cruise with are very happy with the service and included extras onboard and would gladly book another in the coming years.

• Like 5

Just now, sewgood said:

We had a sushi and dessert extravaganza for the final day of those getting off in New York.

This is our first time being on part of a world cruise and even though it costs a bit more per day than your average cookie cutter cruise with are very happy with the service and included extras onboard and would gladly book another in the coming years.

We've also been very happy with the service etc on this cruise although it took a while to find a sommelier who actually listened to what we wanted. Despite succumbing to the onboard lurgies, it's a wonderful way to briefly see parts of the world that would be fairly difficult to do as land travel at our age. If we could afford it we'd do one every year! Although I think it might be a completely different experience on Crown Princess with it's extra 1000 passenger capacity. Coral is the perfect ship for this type of cruise 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've also been very happy with the service etc on this cruise although it took a while to find a sommelier who actually listened to what we wanted. Despite succumbing to the onboard lurgies, it's a wonderful way to briefly see parts of the world that would be fairly difficult to do as land travel at our age. If we could afford it we'd do one every year! Although I think it might be a completely different experience on Crown Princess with it's extra 1000 passenger capacity. Coral is the perfect ship for this type of cruise 

Strange we found the deck 5 bar opposite the service desk FANTASTIC for every drink you could want  (almost before you asked)

Just now, windsor26 said:

Strange we found the deck 5 bar opposite the service desk FANTASTIC for every drink you could want  (almost before you asked)

On Coral or Crown? 

On Coral the Good Spirits bar is our favourite hangout. On both Diamond and Grand the service was nowhere near as good. We are unlikely to cruise on Crown - we've been on Ruby which is another one of the extended Grand class ships and that put us right off that subclass of ship.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

On Coral or Crown? 

On Coral the Good Spirits bar is our favourite hangout. On both Diamond and Grand the service was nowhere near as good. We are unlikely to cruise on Crown - we've been on Ruby which is another one of the extended Grand class ships and that put us right off that subclass of ship.

On Coral

Just now, windsor26 said:

On Coral

Then I agree, the service there is amazing. By now the waiters who have been with us since the start of the world cruise know all our favourite drinks. If we go there during the day they just go "two espressos, two iced waters". Night time it's trickier as we have a few different pre-dinner and after-dinner drinks we like.

We have just pulled into pier 88 between the Norwegian Star and the aircraft carrier/ museum.

It is 6:15 am here and there is a slight bit of rain but hopefully that will clear soon.

No matter the weather today we are going to have a fantastic time as we have never been in New York before and we are very excited.

Thanks for the photos Kiwi cruiser, we missed the statue of Liberty on the sail in as we had already passed it when we got up.

But no worries as we are going on the NY by land and sea tour today.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, sewgood said:

We have just pulled into pier 88 between the Norwegian Star and the aircraft carrier/ museum.

It is 6:15 am here and there is a slight bit of rain but hopefully that will clear soon.

No matter the weather today we are going to have a fantastic time as we have never been in New York before and we are very excited.

Thanks for the photos Kiwi cruiser, we missed the statue of Liberty on the sail in as we had already passed it when we got up.

But no worries as we are going on the NY by land and sea tour today.

Have a wonderfully enjoyable Big Apple experience.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sewgood said:

Glad to hear.

Posted (edited)

Julie, I have been following, get better soon and enjoy part 2 of your Worldie.  Many thanks for your posts and other from Sewgood etc.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Julie, I have been following, get better soon and enjoy part 2 of your Worldie.  Many thanks for your posts and other from Sewgood etc.

Thanks Uncle Les,

With have certainly seen lots of police cars, motorbikes and beat police here in the city.

Yesterday we drove past trump towers and there was nobody around it but in the evening after the shooting there were lots of police in front of the entrance and a crowd of supporters out front.

• Thanks 1

When I peeked out our cabin with down yesterday morning I spotted this on the next wharf.

20240714_092339.thumb.jpg.18ccf15cb363db682bc2f043873c07b2.jpg

That's the closest I've ever been to a Concorde!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The cruise terminal was crazy yesterday with a big Norwegian ship on changeover. We went off shopping just after 10am and the NCL check-in queue was already long. We got back at about 2:30pm and there were still hundreds of people checking in. 

I had a serious shopping spree in Macy's so I'm happy. We came back to the ship early as we were going to Birdlands Jazz Club later. We ended up getting to Birdlands a bit too early so crossed the road to the Intercontinental Hotel to have a cocktail in their lovely bar. We managed to score a window seat so could watch for the queue building up at Birdlands.

We had a good table in the jazz club. The deal is you pay a basic entry fee then are expected to spend at least $20pp on food and drinks. As usual the portion sizes were huge. The hummus appetiser could have fed four people, and the mains were enormous. We had a very nice bottle of wine.

The featured jazz band was the Cindy Blackman Santana Band. She is an exceptional jazz drummer, and the others in the band were of an equally high standard, so we had a great night. 

We were looking for a cab back to the ship when we came across a pedi-cab so decided to try that. It was crazy expensive but so much fun. The guy played all sorts of music and we ended up singing along to ones we knew as we zoomed through the streets. 

It's stinking hot in NY today. Rolf is battling the cruise cough now so we've canned our plan to walk the High Line and are staying in the cool and just resting. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The cruise terminal was crazy yesterday with a big Norwegian ship on changeover. We went off shopping just after 10am and the NCL check-in queue was already long. We got back at about 2:30pm and there were still hundreds of people checking in. 

I had a serious shopping spree in Macy's so I'm happy. We came back to the ship early as we were going to Birdlands Jazz Club later. We ended up getting to Birdlands a bit too early so crossed the road to the Intercontinental Hotel to have a cocktail in their lovely bar. We managed to score a window seat so could watch for the queue building up at Birdlands.

We had a good table in the jazz club. The deal is you pay a basic entry fee then are expected to spend at least $20pp on food and drinks. As usual the portion sizes were huge. The hummus appetiser could have fed four people, and the mains were enormous. We had a very nice bottle of wine.

The featured jazz band was the Cindy Blackman Santana Band. She is an exceptional jazz drummer, and the others in the band were of an equally high standard, so we had a great night. 

We were looking for a cab back to the ship when we came across a pedi-cab so decided to try that. It was crazy expensive but so much fun. The guy played all sorts of music and we ended up singing along to ones we knew as we zoomed through the streets. 

It's stinking hot in NY today. Rolf is battling the cruise cough now so we've canned our plan to walk the High Line and are staying in the cool and just resting. 

I was surprised how many people were walking the High Line during my last visit.  It is very popular.  Lovely to see the plants growing in late Spring.  You'd need to go early to avoid the crowds and heat in summer.  Good idea to rest.  In Orlando, the weather was hot and humid and my feet and legs swelled up, despite putting my legs up on pillows at night. my legs have only recently returned to normal size.

• Like 1

Walked to, and around, Central Park this morning…  All human life is there and in the streets between the ship and the park… People in their Sunday best; tourists in t-shirts, shorts and caps; Joggers wearing way too much for the heat…and joggers wearing so little its surprising that it contained all their “bits” as they ran…  families out for a walk… girls still dressed in Saturday night’s outfits presumably on their way home…   Irish pubs already busy with customers waiting on the Euro 24 Finals kick-off… NYC is an amazing, bustling city….

• Like 5

On 7/12/2024 at 12:36 PM, sewgood said:

IMG_0544.jpeg

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_0542.jpeg

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0540.jpeg

IMG_0539.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2