Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

The good news portion of that is the leak was not in your room.  What chatter is there at 2am????

On websites we can’t talk about people were up and posting about it at that time. I didn’t see it until I got up at 7 but the posts said 4-5 hours ago on them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I guess this is legal.

Anyone else with no hot water? As in, no water comes out at all for hot? Only cold? We are on deck 11. Would love to shower after a long day out in Aruba and the beach.

We have no water at all.

No cold water deck 6. Weird sucking noise.

UPDATE:
No hot water on the ship until 4 am. Guest services says they are “working on a broken hot water pipe…”

Must be the drilling noise im hearing...

———then this morning—-

Had hot water at 7:00 pm but only cold no pressure water this morning

Water this morning is rusty on deck 7

We are on Deck 2 and we have hotish water

• Like 12

Looks like a great day in Aruba, enjoy Bonaire. Have not been there yet as the port was  cancelled on one of my past cruises and not on my upcoming January trip so guess that means another Caribbean cruise. As always your pictures are fantastic. Have fun!

• Like 3

In the atrium people were trying to get water bottles filled and the bartender said he can’t cause there’s a problem with the water line.

fixing that screen.

IMG_8542.thumb.jpeg.b9b0cea82ba60fb2ef1298776e61afe1.jpegIMG_8543.thumb.jpeg.9b24c618571a2538c1492bf2eeb48541.jpeg

IMG_8544.thumb.jpeg.f54f699d19deb45be4cd8c9a860807cc.jpeg

• Like 10

First time on board the Horizon in 2019 there was a huge water leak two cabins down from me, and I also saw several buckets around the ship catching other leaks...

On another note, what time does it get dark in Aruba? Your pictures from last "night" look light until pretty late...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DebOinKC said:

Your day in Aruba was fantastic. Thanks for all the pictures. Can't wait to see Bonaire. 

We went there on the Horizon in Feb.  First time.  Loved it

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

First time on board the Horizon in 2019 there was a huge water leak two cabins down from me, and I also saw several buckets around the ship catching other leaks...

On another note, what time does it get dark in Aruba? Your pictures from last "night" look light until pretty late...

Hi Sid 😎Sunset today (May 1) in Aruba is 6:55pm. Google says the sunset is earlier than the US because of Aruba's proximity to the equator.

Edited by ninjacat123
wanted to say hi to Sid :)
  • Like 10

The pool pic at Baby Beach, I'm guessing was at a hotel? If so, did you notice the name?

A great day in Aruba! Looking forward to seeing Bonaire. We've done AC, and I wanted to do them again as ABC!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Might have to drive there from Miami 🙂

Or the high speed ferry from Naples or Ft Myers.  But the drive is something people should experience.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Or the high speed ferry from Naples or Ft Myers.  But the drive is something people should experience.  

But you would miss this..

lastchance.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 4/30/2024 at 10:12 AM, sid_9169 said:

I can't wait to finally get back to Aruba exactly one month from today, also on the Horizon!...

Are you going to do a live?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

When I was walking back to the ship it was 6pm. My sunset pics were 6:25-7pm. The next one I took was 10pm at sail away so I’m not sure other than that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mikayla73 said:

The pool pic at Baby Beach, I'm guessing was at a hotel? If so, did you notice the name?

A great day in Aruba! Looking forward to seeing Bonaire. We've done AC, and I wanted to do them again as ABC!

It’s that bar and grill I took a picture of.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

The rental was less smooth. Two people in front of me waiting. Two people behind me. They didn’t have the car the people in front of me reserved so they had to take a different one. 

Fortunately they had mine. It just took 20 minutes to get it. 

They were recommending everyone buy gas because today is a holiday and the stations may be closed. I’m glad I did it because I only remember seeing one station.

I paid $24 for half a tank. That means I could bring it back with a half left. I only used a quarter or less yesterday and it cost me $11 to fill it up. Sounded good to me. I took the 75% insurance which still covers 10% of the car. My total was $102 with gas. In Aruba my total was $97 and I filled spent $11 filling up.

I know the people in front of me had a bigger car and paid $38 gas.

I’m definitely happy I had cars I could lock up and have AC vs those slow golf carts for the Same price.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 12