Minors cruise points

If parents booked a junior suite and minors were in an interior cabin across the hall, do the minors also get double cruise points for the junior suite if they were listed in the interior room? I understand they get their parents status until 18 then they’re on their own for earning but kids were on same cruises as parents. Just wondering about double points. 

1 minute ago, Robo1098 said:

On their own they would not get double points.

Parents and children were on same cruise. Both rooms linked. Parents in JS and minors in interior

8 minutes ago, Laurely95 said:

Parents and children were on same cruise. Both rooms linked. Parents in JS and minors in interior

Being "linked" makes no difference when it comes to C&A cruise points.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Laurely95 said:

If parents booked a junior suite and minors were in an interior cabin across the hall, do the minors also get double cruise points for the junior suite if they were listed in the interior room? I understand they get their parents status until 18 then they’re on their own for earning but kids were on same cruises as parents. Just wondering about double points. 

Parents in JS get 2x points, while kids in interior get 1X.  Surprised that Royal allowed minors with their own cabin.  When I booked 2 cabins on Eater Anthem sail for my daughter's family, I needed to have an adult/parent with each minor, even though I had connecting cabins.

Every person, minor or adult, earns the points for their own accommodations. Minors share their parents’ points and status. At 18, they revert to their own earned points, but keep their parents’ status.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Laurely95 said:

No, they will get the status but earn the points for the sailing and cabin they sailed in.

8 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Parents in JS get 2x points, while kids in interior get 1X.  Surprised that Royal allowed minors with their own cabin.  When I booked 2 cabins on Eater Anthem sail for my daughter's family, I needed to have an adult/parent with each minor, even though I had connecting cabins.

You have to call to book minors in their own room bit as long as it is  beside or directly across the hall it is allowed. 

This

53 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Every person, minor or adult, earns the points for their own accommodations. Minors share their parents’ points and status. At 18, they revert to their own earned points, but keep their parents’ status.

plus this correction

52 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

No, they will get the status but earn the points for the sailing and cabin they sailed in.

Everyone earns their own points in the cabins that they stay in. Minors "get" their parent's status. Once they are 18, they are allowed to keep that status (but again, not points), until their own earned points reach the next C&A level.

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

Everyone earns their own points in the cabins that they stay in.

Yes, but minors’ accounts will show their parents points until they are 18. My kids are 17 and 20. They both show my status. The 20 year old shows their points. The 17 year old shows my points. Saturday, when he turns 18, his points will drop to his own.

It’s weird, and doesn’t make sense, but that’s how it shows in the app and the web site. I think everyone should always show their own earned points, 

41 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Yes, but minors’ accounts will show their parents points until they are 18. My kids are 17 and 20. They both show my status. The 20 year old shows their points. The 17 year old shows my points. Saturday, when he turns 18, his points will drop to his own.

It’s weird, and doesn’t make sense, but that’s how it shows in the app and the web site. I think everyone should always show their own earned points, 

This isn't so much a "yes, but", as much as it's additional info. There's no argument or disagreement here. You are saying the same thing as far as "earning" goes. Nothing was said previously about what is displayed in the app. That may be what you were intending to say, but not what you actually wrote.