50% increase in non-alcoholic drink package?

I see in some of these photos that there are bottled water packages to buy but some of the prices are cut off?  Are there only the 2 acqua panna and sparkling or are there others?  We normally cruise princess and they had a 12 pk of crystal geyser water for $8...does Celebrity have anything like that?

On 5/10/2024 at 2:25 PM, NMTraveller said:

Inflation

I feel like I am being gaslighted when politicians say inflation is low!

You are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I see in some of these photos that there are bottled water packages to buy but some of the prices are cut off?  Are there only the 2 acqua panna and sparkling or are there others?  We normally cruise princess and they had a 12 pk of crystal geyser water for $8...does Celebrity have anything like that?

Here is what my cruise shows. 

IMG_1976.jpeg

Also, the FAQs on Celebrity state:  Yes! On embarkation day only, guests are welcome to bring on any non-alcoholic beverages. They are limited to what can be hand-carried onboard by each individual.

@TGfromTX thank you for the screen shot...i know this is not beverage related but is there also any screen shots of the wifi costs?  Trying to decide if it is worth it for the AI pkg or do buy drinks as we need and purchase wifi for the trip on its own. 

3 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

@TGfromTX thank you for the screen shot...i know this is not beverage related but is there also any screen shots of the wifi costs?  Trying to decide if it is worth it for the AI pkg or do buy drinks as we need and purchase wifi for the trip on its own. 

The first one adds some sort of pass to get through lines faster

IMG_1977.png

thank you sooo much...but odd question..the first one states per day the others per night...assuming per night is the same as per day and not that we can only use it at night right?

Sorry one other question...can just one person in the cabin buy the wifi pkg ..say like the 2 device one and as long as my DH logs on with my log on we can both be on our devices at the same time?

I don't work for the cruise line, but I have a 6 night cruise & they all seem to multiply by 6 for me.  I don't know the other answers, so hopefully someone else will respond.  I would expect a script runs upon connection that blocks you from setting up a hotspot and sharing the connection.  I don't see anything about per room or passenger - they all seem to indicate per device.

3 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

I don't work for the cruise line, but I have a 6 night cruise & they all seem to multiply by 6 for me.  I don't know the other answers, so hopefully someone else will respond.  I would expect a script runs upon connection that blocks you from setting up a hotspot and sharing the connection.  I don't see anything about per room or passenger - they all seem to indicate per device.

Great thanks that is what I thought and that they just changed the wording.  This helps make our decisions. 

9 hours ago, osborne66 said:

Just bring your own cans onboard and save money 

We used to do that but sadly as we have aged we are not capable of carrying the water and/or soda on board.  it was a bit easier when we could tag a case of water and send it through with the big luggage but that is not allowed anymore and it is even hard for us to pick up and transport around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

We used to do that but sadly as we have aged we are not capable of carrying the water and/or soda on board.  it was a bit easier when we could tag a case of water and send it through with the big luggage but that is not allowed anymore and it is even hard for us to pick up and transport around.

Maybe bring a soda stream on the ship 😁

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 11:06 AM, FeliciaB said:

zero proof is back to the normal $39/26.99 price today.

….and it’s back up to £38 on my future cruises today. Perhaps the previous poster @TravelingWithMe was correct when they said they are preparing for a sale over Memorial Weekend (which I think is the same as our Spring Bank Holiday) 🤷‍♀️

Edited by villauk

1 hour ago, villauk said:

….and it’s back up to £38 on my future cruises today. Perhaps the previous poster @TravelingWithMe was correct when they said they are preparing for a sale over Memorial Weekend (which I think is the same as our Spring Bank Holiday) 🤷‍♀️

They are definitely tweaking prices on the zero proof.  Earlier today, my October 2024 cruise had a 10% off the $29.99 price for $26.99 but my two 2025 showed the higher price. 
Now all three are showing a 25% discount off of the $45 per day price for $32.99 

59 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Yep last check, for me it was $36 with 10% off and now it's $46 with 35% off - what a deal

Same in  the international pages. The normal non alc package euro price has been abt. 33 eur/day and now the 25% reduced price is 37,23 eur per day. Hilarious.

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

Yep last check, for me it was $36 with 10% off and now it's $46 with 35% off - what a deal

Compared these two screenshots, first one at 8:30 am , 10% off for zero package , second picture now at  25% off 🤬

IMG_7236.thumb.jpeg.4a4caa317d00a1f6f426783f3ef4f32a.jpegIMG_7237.thumb.jpeg.d729c4cb281bbb5bebd785b8e6ebcc6d.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Compared these two screenshots, first one at 8:30 am , 10% off for zero package , second picture now at  25% off 🤬

IMG_7236.thumb.jpeg.4a4caa317d00a1f6f426783f3ef4f32a.jpegIMG_7237.thumb.jpeg.d729c4cb281bbb5bebd785b8e6ebcc6d.jpeg

Best wait until the sale is over 😀.

Unsure if Canada is the same as the U.K., but I’m pretty sure if something shows a sale price, it has to be advertised at the ‘claimed’ full price for a statutory amount of time - I think it’s 28 days, but I’m no expert in consumer law. It’s exactly to stop instances such as this. I’m sure someone will jump in who knows.

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Best wait until the sale is over 😀.

Unsure if Canada is the same as the U.K., but I’m pretty sure if something shows a sale price, it has to be advertised at the ‘claimed’ full price for a statutory amount of time - I think it’s 28 days, but I’m no expert in consumer law. It’s exactly to stop instances such as this. I’m sure someone will jump in who knows.

But does apply to internet pricing in a foreign country 🤔

How can full price one hour be $40ish and than a couple hours later it is $61 

Fun how Celebrity Cruises on Messager chat never answer my question how the full price can increase by $20 in a couple of hours 🤬

7 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

But does apply to internet pricing in a foreign country 🤔

How can full price one hour be $40ish and than a couple hours later it is $61 

Fun how Celebrity Cruises on Messager chat never answer my question how the full price can increase by $20 in a couple of hours 🤬

Unsure if it applies to internet pricing, but it is priced in pounds sterling on it’s on their U.K. site. Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth either way! Not surprised they didn’t answer you; they obviously think that the majority of people don’t check the pre-sale pricing and just see the 25% off.

Posted (edited)

I see your cruise date is Nov. on the Equinox.  Ours is also Nov. but hasn't changed in months.  Wish 35% off would come up for me.

image.thumb.png.49633983d205e5403c2109bc43c22840.png

Edited by Oceangoer2

On 5/10/2024 at 2:49 PM, AndyCapn said:

False alarm? I checked the app today and the price is back to $30/$26.99.

I have to wonder if you would have looked at this on another browser or in incognito mode, would the prices been different. I sometimes wonder if celebrity is tracking us, how often we check pricing, and then adjusting prices on demand.