Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

How true is this! No way you should have to exert yourself in the slightest. For the money you spend, every need should be tended to. No argument from me.list. And yes, I am different from many folks who post on these forums. Actually, I am quite thankful for that. But I do speak up when something important to me seems amiss.  Chair configuration is not on the list.

I don’t think this is about chair configuration, but the lack of loungers and footstools for those of us who feel it is an important aspect of why we cruise.  However, I understand from your previous comments how you personally feel, so these items are not an important part of your cruising experience.

My DH will not cruise on any ship that doesn’t have a gym, so that is a biggie for me when booking.  As long as he can have that available, he is a happy camper.  Take that away and I will dearly pay🥵.  I respect the right of each one of us when it comes to the things that are important when cruising.  If you happen to get a footstool or a lounger, I am sure you would be happy to

share.😍

I also respect your comments about being grateful you are not like those of us who contribute more or less on this forum because that is an important choice.  There are lots of people who love the read only perspective. Furthermore, I am grateful that people speak up and share their concerns, not to mention feel that Cruise Critic is a forum for constructive criticism too!

I apologize for rambling on and on...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

please go to my earlier post 104

Just saw that.  Was that a response to a email?   If so can you share the response?  If so I will be happy to join a push back on that.  

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Just saw that.  Was that a response to a email?   If so can you share the response?  If so I will be happy to join a push back on that.  

it was a phone call

12 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

I did email and then received a call

Me too, and she left a message and followed up with an email telling me she had left a message.  No where did she address my concerns though.  Not until I spoke with her directly.  I’m guessing they are careful about what they put in writing. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

please go to my earlier post 104

I saw your post.  My question is who told you that, a email from Laura office, a phone call from who?  I’m more than happy to push back on this change but I would like to have an idea who/what the official source is, particularly since we had loungers 2 weeks ago. So I can’t cite personal experience.  Far too much incorrect info from some in the call centers. 

Just now, jelayne said:

I saw your post.  My question is who told you that, a email from Laura office, a phone call from who?  I’m more than happy to push back on this change but I would like to have an idea who/what the official source is, particularly since we had loungers 2 weeks ago. So I can’t cite personal experience.  Far too much incorrect info from some in the call centers. 

was not the call center.    executives office.  Send an email. maybe you will get a phone call. maybe not. I m finding your approach a bit aggressive/defying/challenging  and I therefore chose not to engage with you. When people want answers, a best approach is not to challenge. 

4 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

was not the call center.    executives office.  Send an email. maybe you will get a phone call. maybe not. I m finding your approach a bit aggressive/defying/challenging  and I therefore chose not to engage with you. When people want answers, a best approach is not to challenge. 

I apologize, I certainly didn’t intent to offend you nor was I challenging what you were said.   I just wanted to have an understanding of the source of the info so I could frame my email to either be questioning the accuracy of info on social media (not you specifically ) or the rationale for the decision.  
Hopefully the pushback will get loungers returned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Octavias said:

Were (are) loungers on the magic carpet suite balconies?  Just wondering what to ask for on my upcoming cruise. 

We have done 5 or 6 cruises in MC Sky suites, everyone of them we have had 1 or 2 loungers as recently as early this month.  The regular SS balconies are not as deep or wide so lounge chairs were not there from the start.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Octavias said:

Were (are) loungers on the magic carpet suite balconies?  Just wondering what to ask for on my upcoming cruise. 

apparently ALL loungers will be removed, and that includes MC, and whatever balcony had them. Guess it will take time to carryout the decision.  We had loungers on MC suite, but now not all have them. Another poster posted a pic from her MC suite. 2 chairs and a table 🙁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I apologize, I certainly didn’t intent to offend you nor was I challenging what you were said.   I just wanted to have an understanding of the source of the info so I could frame my email to either be questioning the accuracy of info on social media (not you specifically ) or the rationale for the decision.  
Hopefully the pushback will get loungers returned.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 9:19 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

How true is this! No way you should have to exert yourself in the slightest. For the money you spend, every need should be tended to. No argument from me. And yes, I am different from many folks who post on these forums. Actually, I am quite thankful for that. But I do speak up when something important to me seems amiss. Chair configuration is not on the list.

You've made your point.  Why persist?  We get it...you're different...LOL.

On 5/16/2024 at 9:28 PM, mickeysgal said:

How are loungers a safety issue and not chairs and tables? 

Especially light chairs and tables which can be blown in the wind?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sending an email to the executive office today indicating my expectation of 2 loungers on our MC balcony. 

Please share their answer/response.  As we are in a MC Suite, on the Beyond, in a few weeks.

Thanks, Steve and Karen

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, swooldri said:

Please share their answer/response.  As we are in a MC Suite, on the Beyond, in a few weeks.

Thanks, Steve and Karen

Can you please remember to come back to this thread and tell us if there were loungers on that MC suite? And if not, if you had to request them and what was their response to that request. Thanks. This has me very concerned for our fall cruise on Beyond in a MC suite. 

5 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

Can you please remember to come back to this thread and tell us if there were loungers on that MC suite?

FWIW I am planning on doing a live review of our Edge to Alaska cruise embarking May 31, and I will definitely be reporting/providing updates on lounger-gate... 😁. Hopefully, it's as easy as requesting them...which, of course isn't as easy as already having them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

FWIW I am planning on doing a live review of our Edge to Alaska cruise embarking May 31, and I will definitely be reporting/providing updates on lounger-gate... 😁. Hopefully, it's as easy as requesting them...which, of course isn't as easy as already having them.

Thank you! 

As luck would have it, an NCL reel just popped up about the NCL Prima’s suites…and what do they have? Loungers on the balcony. As did our NCL Encore Haven balcony last year…thick padded ones too. So safety issues must be only a Celebrity excuse. 🙄 

• Like 1

We do not sail in suites, but do book the larger verandas on the slant. Loungers definitely fit as we had them in the past. Since we are often a party of 3, you would  think we could get 3 chairs, but in January even that was a no on Reflection. I will try again on Eclipse in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I contacted the executive email before my April cruise in Reflection concierge cabin re footstools removal. They did call me back but basically said you're out of luck, but we appreciate hearing you are unhappy. Eventually they offered me a bottle of wine, but I don't drink much, so I asked for chocolate covered strawberries and they gifted me those. I was solo so I used the other chair for my footstool.

A 2019 youtube of my 9296 cabin had two nice loungers. I had 2 chairs no footstools but at least Reflection hasn't been revolutionized so the balcony table is still a good size.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

A friend of mine is currently on the Eclipse, in a Celebrity Suite, posted pics on another site and no loungers on her balcony.  Has a dining table and two chairs, and two upright deck chairs that the backs recline slightly.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Octavias said:

We have always booked the MC sky suite simply for the fact that they had larger balconies with loungers. We spend time out there so it was important to us. We just got off the beyond today and I was told by someone in the retreat concierge that they are saying they will be put on a balcony “upon request “ so I politely advised that when I asked my butler he said no, no more loungers anywhere on the ship on balconies. He said they recently had a no lounger policy but it just changed to upon request. It sounds like once again the corporate offices are trying to change policy and getting pushback and/or not notifying the staff when they go to “upon request “. An employee on this sailing told me that the staff is really getting the brunt of all this. Corporate keeps trying to change things and take things away and when they go back or change policy it’s not communicated quickly enough to onboard staff and they get yelled at by passengers. This person said X is just going the way of royal and it’s sad that these poor people get yelled at for stupid decisions being made by corporate 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1