Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

10 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

"Of course, that could happen, but I doubt that it would be in sufficient numbers to entail an epidemic of lounger abuse!"

Except when the furniture breaks and somebody whines about getting hurt. 

Rather than having the requisite guts to make examples of a few offenders and let word spread about the dire consequences, the poltroon's path has been chosen: Take away the furniture.

Eventually, there will be a fee attached to the return of these chairs to offset the breakages caused by cruisers who were raised by wolves.

So basically Celebrity gave an answer (safety) that seems so unbelievably stupid that it's probably true. Maybe passenger safety, equally likely crew safety. It's been an incredibly consistent story. One thing with conspiracy theories is they're almost universally inconsistent. 

Not providing additional information would be consistent with outstanding crew injury claims, outstanding passenger injury claims, or outstanding warranty action against the lounger manufacturer (lounger failure would be one plausible explanation that would cross both crew and passenger safety). 

And then someone extracts a throw away from someone about irresponsible guests and we're off again. That person won't be answering phone calls or emails off script ever again.

At the ship level, people are tired of passenger complaints and are doing things that are against a corporate safety policy. That's not likely to end well for your incredibly helpful butler...

Anyway, I'll see what's on a Sky Suite on Summit next Friday.

• Like 1

And I will see what is on my balcony this Sunday....have a Sky Suite on Eclipse.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AC Stew said:

Oh, and one last perceived act of lounger "irresponsibility": Perhaps there was a report of guests engaging in amorous activity on their lounger? Of course, that could happen, but I doubt that it would be in sufficient numbers to entail an epidemic of lounger abuse!

Like that doesn’t happen with just a bit of creative thinking on balconies with just chairs.

Maybe the chairs are the next to go given Celebrity’s new found paranoia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

And I will see what is on my balcony this Sunday....have a Sky Suite on Eclipse.

I’ll check tomorrow on the Edge.  Can’t believe I’m less than 24 hours away from embarkation! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Octavias said:

I’ll check tomorrow on the Edge.  Can’t believe I’m less than 24 hours away from embarkation! 

Have fun🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Octavias said:

Have a fabulous holiday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Octavias said:

Don’t you just love embarkation Eve?  Have a wonderful cruise!  And if you have a moment please report out on the lounger situation. If not in place, let us know what happens when you request them. Safe travels!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Don’t you just love embarkation Eve?  Have a wonderful cruise!  And if you have a moment please report out on the lounger situation. If not in place, let us know what happens when you request them. Safe travels!

Ok!  We are onboard.  We got to our room relatively early to drop off our bags (around 10:45-11) and ran into our butler while we were getting there.  He was just placing keys.  We saw an upside down lounger on our balcony with the chairs and mini table (they were cleaning it). I requested that the lounger be left  for us to use during our cruise.  He said “sure” and “thanks for telling me”. We only have one but that’s better than none!  In other news, some of our pre requested things were here and others not. We got lots of hangers (as requested) but no body pillow.  Priority embarkation was a joke.  No one paid attention to the fact that we are in the retreat.  We got on quickly regardless so, no biggie I spose. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Octavias said:

Ok!  We are onboard.  We got to our room relatively early to drop off our bags (around 10:45-11) and ran into our butler while we were getting there.  He was just placing keys.  We saw an upside down lounger on our balcony with the chairs and mini table (they were cleaning it). I requested that the lounger be left  for us to use during our cruise.  He said “sure” and “thanks for telling me”. We only have one but that’s better than none!  In other news, some of our pre requested things were here and others not. We got lots of hangers (as requested) but no body pillow.  Priority embarkation was a joke.  No one paid attention to the fact that we are in the retreat.  We got on quickly regardless so, no biggie I spose. 

Woohoo!!  Thank you for taking the time to follow up...now go have a wonderful cruise! ☺️...and a martini!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I returned today from a four day Celebrity Reflection 5/20-5/24, 2024. My balcony on a Sunset Sky Suite, cabin 1214 looked like this: we had a lounger, a small table, two standard chairs, a large table and a tall backed chair (left to right in the picture). I took the picture for this thread after having read it before the cruise.

20240520_155517.jpg

Edited by Ommadawn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Octavias said:

Yay! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

You know that lengthy rules and regulations contract section that we zip through and click "agree" during the on-line check-in?

All joking aside here: Perhaps Celebrity could add a "specific" line item about loungers? Something like "the guest assumes full responsibility to pay for any damage done to the balcony loungers during their cruise." There's probably something there already about paying up if we deliberately (not accidentally) damage something. I'm no expert in legalese; just a suggestion.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 3:02 PM, Lois R said:

I will be sailing Eclipse on May 26th......guess I will find out if I have loungers on my balcony when I get to the ship.  

Have a nice cruise tomorrow, Lois. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2024 at 8:25 PM, goldsmip115 said:

Just unbelievable to say the least. So Celebrity is claiming that they have removed all loungers in every suite due to safety reasons. So, even those on  the PS on the M class ships have been removed?  That 1,100 square foot verandah will be very empty. 

IMG_1990.jpeg

The aft balconies above would be similarly naked. 

IMG_0928.thumb.jpeg.d016ef244d391c6b9dddb8f4231f40e5.jpeg

On 5/16/2024 at 4:11 PM, asctony said:

Found this at my local Costco & bought 2 for our Beyond July cruise.

Do you think Celebrity will have any problems bringing our own?

We will leave then in the boxes and check them in. 

20240516_110642.jpg

We did something that extreme for our Solstice Christmas sailing in 2019. We had a very large family cabin that was sparsely furnished and so we lugged a collapsible table all the way to Sydney for our 12 night New Zealand sailing. 

• Like 1

I am on Eclipse in a Sky Suite all the way aft. I have 1 lounger, 2 chairs with foot stools and a large table.

• Like 3