Divina

jame_g

Considering a cruise on the Divina that's over a year out yet. What are people's thoughts about the Divina? What about the Divina YC? How does it compare to Seashore/Seascape or the Meraviglia? (I preferred Seashore/Seascape over Meraviglia.)  For YC, is there still a breakfast/lunch buffet by the One Bar and Pool?

We have sailed Divina several times, enjoy the ship, never Yacht Club on Divina but I do know the YC restaurant as at the opposite end of the YC, have done Interior and Balcony, really enjoyed the Aft Balcony on her, would not hesitate to book again. 

• Like 1

I suggest you go to the top of the MSC page where you will see See threads about and to the right Select ship.  Click on the arrow and you will get a drop down list of the ships.  Click on Divina.  You will get a page of threads about Divina, including several reviews and Live From threads.  Should make interesting reading.  Most involve the YC.  EM

• Thanks 1

I have been no several ships.  Seashore (3 times)  Euribia (1) Seaside (2) and Meraviglia (2) and Divina (1) all YC.  The Divina was fine but I was was to rank them I would rank it last as we found it to be a bit worn and just not as nice as the newer ships.  That being said, we did enjoy the ship and if the itinerary was good we would sail her again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jame_g said:

For YC, is there still a breakfast/lunch buffet by the One Bar and Pool?

This was our biggest disappointment as the buffet on the pool deck was not that good compared to the Seashore.  They did make your own omelet but everything else was very limited and precooked and cold.  

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I suggest you go to the top of the MSC page where you will see See threads about and to the right Select ship.  Click on the arrow and you will get a drop down list of the ships.

Thank you for this! I never noticed that feature and will be using it going forward.

For the OP, the Divina YC cabins aren't up to par with Seascape. All but a few are narrower (like an ordinary balcony cabin) so only one person can pass in front of the bed. The decor is dark/lots of wood - not very cheery. TVs are smaller. The dining room Le Muse is smaller, so better service overall. And not so hectic. Yes, they still have food on pool deck. My two cents. 

16 hours ago, jame_g said:

Considering a cruise on the Divina that's over a year out yet. What are people's thoughts about the Divina? What about the Divina YC? How does it compare to Seashore/Seascape or the Meraviglia? (I preferred Seashore/Seascape over Meraviglia.)  For YC, is there still a breakfast/lunch buffet by the One Bar and Pool?

I started a thread a couple weeks ago on comparison of these same ships YC. I got some great answers. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

I started a thread a couple weeks ago on comparison of these same ships YC. I got some great answers. 

I read this thread and it was helpful.  Going this weekend on the Seashore YC out of Port Canaveral.  Previously only on the YC Divina out of Miami.  I am happy we don't have to leave YC for the restaurant.  Lot of walking in heels through the gauntlet on Deck 7.  We ended up walking across the windy upper deck a lot with me holding my hair with 1 hand and skirt with the other.  Plus heels.  I looked like Bridget Jones after her car ride in the country.

• Haha 3

Our one and only MSC cruise so far was in the YC on Divina and we really enjoyed it.  

The Top Sail Lounge was our favorite hang out spot and since the YC restaurant, Le Muse, is at the aft end of the ship, you did not have the noise from the dining room disturbing the tranquility of the lounge. 

The breakfast at the One Pool was more limited than that of the larger ships, from what I have read / seen, but it was still a good breakfast with eggs/omelet's cooked to order. It was a good alternative to room service or Le Muse.  

• Like 1

We sailed on the Divina in a YC suite back in 2021 from Port Canaveral. We did not like having to walk to the aft of the ship to dine. Food was ok for dinner. Arthur made the experience better.

After sailing on the Meraviglia, the layout on the Divina was confusing and the crew had no idea on how to give directions to many parts of the ship, especially to the store that offered toothpaste and items we forgot. I have to admit, we walked past the sundries store at least three times because the front of the store had liquor displayed in the front. Once you walked into the shop, there was a small area on the right with a display of toiletries and snacks. The pizza shop was never open for the 3 day cruise so if you wanted pizza, you went to the buffet or ordered from the YC menu. 

We are looking forward to our fourth MSC cruise in the YC on the Seashore in July. 

3 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

We are looking forward to our fourth MSC cruise in the YC on the Seashore in July. 

We've only done the one cruise on Divina earlier this year.  I sent my TA an email today asking him to look into a B2B on Seascape for September of this year.  Should hear tomorrow if he was able to get it done .. hoping to stay in same room for both legs.