Captains Club Elite Cocktail Hour

1 minute ago, asctony said:

Does anyone now know when or how many nights will there be HH?

It is now held every night of the cruise according the new announcement. 

!. At any bar?

No.  There are some bars, e.g. World Class Bar, where you cannot get HH drinks.  These are noted on the Elite Happy Hour notice you receive in your stateroom.

2. In a designated Elite & above lounge?

There is no dedicated Elite and above lounge on Celebrity ships.   

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It is now held every night of the cruise according the new announcement. 

No.  There are some bars, e.g. World Class Bar, where you cannot get HH drinks.  These are noted on the Elite Happy Hour notice you receive in your stateroom.

There is no dedicated Elite and above lounge on Celebrity ships.   

Thank you. 

I thought that on each cruise a letter is sent to you cabin indicating where the Elite HH is held from 5 to 7 in which lounge or location.

13 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thank you. 

I thought that on each cruise a letter is sent to you cabin indicating where the Elite HH is held from 5 to 7 in which lounge or location.

There is a card listing your Elite benefits and on that card is the date, time, and location of any Elite HH events.  Not sure it's a letter, more like a tall thin card. 

IMG_1151.thumb.jpg.039dfba55d2f502722d1b6cef61fcaf2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sphynxlady said:

We have dinner at 5:30 so HH limits us to 1 drink. Time 4-7 would be appreciated. Happy they added embarkation day.

If you start HH right at 5 and then secure drink #2 right before your dinner time you can bring it with you. If you have the early set dining you can arrive a few minutes late.

We prefer dining early too but with select we reserve for 6:15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sphynxlady said:

We have dinner at 5:30 so HH limits us to 1 drink. Time 4-7 would be appreciated. Happy they added embarkation day.

My exact thought. And forget about relaxing and socializing, not going to happen. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

With numbers like that no way to have a dedicate space, nor would I want to attend a event of that size.

And in the past(pre shutdown) when numbers where that large the CC also handed out drink vouchers to use at different bars to thin out the crowds in the Sky Lounge during the CC HH. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mark_K said:

The change from drink tickets and the Sky Lounge to unlimited drinks, 5-7, wasn’t related to the COVID shutdown, it was introduced January, 2019.

??? We did 4 Celebrity cruises in 2019 (2 different B2B cruises. M & S class ships) and we had the evening CC HH in the Sky Lounge.   

Edited by doghog

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now if they would just match D+ to E+, and Pins to Zenith. 

Hate to quote myself, but it must have been Deja vu

IMG_7040.thumb.jpeg.0e55b89c53b27b9480c39c55f57739a9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, doghog said:

??? We did 4 Celebrity cruises in 2019 (2 different B2B cruises. M & S class ships) and we had the evening CC HH in the Sky Lounge.   

I don’t know, they announced the change to unlimited early in the year and had nothing in the Sky Lounge on the cruise I was on in May. People, including me sometimes, tend to assume that things are uniform throughout the fleet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

We did not attend. The first couple of time on other ships it was great . 3rd time on another ship it was not well done

I remember you reported that. So, there IS a difference between ships!

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hate to quote myself, but it must have been Deja vu

IMG_7040.thumb.jpeg.0e55b89c53b27b9480c39c55f57739a9.jpeg

Well done! On your part, AND the parent company. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

We did it on the Edge.  It was in the Club and there was not enough space for all who wanted to attend.

Wow, that was a good turnout. We’ve only done it on the Connie.

15 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Our recent TA had over 1600 Elite and above!

That is why Celebrity started the coupons for HH on cruises with a lot Elite members 

We had 3 drink coupons back in 2014 on TAs 

• Haha 1

AGAIN:

Celebrity had previously reintroduced the Elite Cocktail Hours held in the SKY LOUNGE 1-3 nights per cruise--supposed to be restricted to Elite and above only--several months ago.  We were on three cruises that had announced restricted access space in Sky Lounge.  It failed miserably as they never cleared space for it.  What yesterday's announcements did was:

1)  Rescind the dedicated lounge space thing.

2)  Add embarkation night to the 5-7 free drinks.

What many of us had been hoping for was a return to the dedicated lounge and appetizers so that we could have better service and a more restricted space in which to socialize.  Free drinks are immaterial to anyone with a drink package.

40 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

AGAIN:

Celebrity had previously reintroduced the Elite Cocktail Hours held in the SKY LOUNGE 1-3 nights per cruise--supposed to be restricted to Elite and above only--several months ago.  We were on three cruises that had announced restricted access space in Sky Lounge.  It failed miserably as they never cleared space for it.  What yesterday's announcements did was:

1)  Rescind the dedicated lounge space thing.

2)  Add embarkation night to the 5-7 free drinks.

What many of us had been hoping for was a return to the dedicated lounge and appetizers so that we could have better service and a more restricted space in which to socialize.  Free drinks are immaterial to anyone with a drink package.

Do they know what they are doing? One month they make a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT VIA VIDEO about the big changes that they are making to improve & comply with our requests.

The next month they change it again. 

Then you get on the ship and each ship has different rules, events, etc. They don't even know what is current.

SMH

4 hours ago, Mark_K said:

I don’t know, they announced the change to unlimited early in the year and had nothing in the Sky Lounge on the cruise I was on in May. People, including me sometimes, tend to assume that things are uniform throughout the fleet.

We've never done a TA but have talked to others during our cruises during the CC HH in the SL and they have said TAs are heavy with the top three CC tiers. 

March 2019 Eclipse B2B Caribbean. SL, CC HH. Both legs.

September 2019 Summit B2B NE/Canada.l SL, CC HH. Both legs. 

1 hour ago, jayoldschool said:

Nice addition, good job X!

Hope it doesn't change again. They have a tendency to go back n forth. 

4 minutes ago, di T said:

So, Elite plus gets 5 vouchers now on RCL? 

Yes, you would get an extra voucher since you aren't just matching to Diamond (4 vouchers) but match to Diamond Plus (5 vouchers)

You may also have a better chance of getting access to the Crown Lounge; they now block Diamond on some sailings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, karl_nj said:

Yes, you would get an extra voucher since you aren't just matching to Diamond (4 vouchers) but match to Diamond Plus (5 vouchers)

You may also have a better chance of getting access to the Crown Lounge; they now block Diamond on some sailings

Thanks for this, we usually sail celebrity but have booked with RCL next spring. This will only be our 10 th with them. Extra voucher will be nice! 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, di T said:

So, Elite plus gets 5 vouchers now on RCL? 

No. Celebrity Elite Plus will be Diamond with RCs CAS. As Diamond you will get 4 drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card each day. No voucher's. 

Edited by doghog