Tranquility gone in Beyond Solarium

On 5/30/2024 at 3:59 PM, Arzeena said:

That is my pet peeve! Have witnessed the worst of that on the Silhouette, where four elderly people hogged two tables, one where they were playing cards, another where they set up a game and their towels and one of the women shooed away every one who eyed that table with a cane. She also then yells at one of the guys with her to go and put some more towels on "their" loungers she was reserving in row 1 by the pool. 😆. People were looking all over for a table to sit and eat at, but they were not moving or letting anyone sit for a bit t eat, and then vacate their reserved table after eating. Lot of people got yelled at. Till one brave couple said they will sit to finish their lunch and then leave. Lady calls over a crew member passing by to complain that the couple sat on her reserved table. Crew member explains about no reserving  and gets yelled at too, but he was firm and rearranged their towels, books and game board to let the couple sit. The foursome were grumbling and complaining and threatening about putting it in survey, to which other people witnessing this said they got their video and will put on social media.
This behavior from our respected elderly senior citizens!

Im that guy who’d of moved their stuff if I were looking for a seat or table.  Crabby old people are part of life and do make me chuckle.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

yes you could! And no, you don’t have to buy them… we actually received lapel pins when we cruised with Royal many years ago. 
Want some? Ours are still in mint condition. We never wore them 🤣

Well now I'm upset that we didn't get pins from Royal. Maybe I'll make buttons and sashes. 

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Liao said:

Im that guy who’d of moved their stuff if I were looking for a seat or table.  Crabby old people are part of life and do make me chuckle.

At least one person said the staff made space.  I’m surprised more people don’t share tables.  Maybe this is why I avoid the buffet.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

"Kids these days"...Half the time aren't even aware they're breaking the rules, they just do what they want without thinking and the trend will continue in this direction.  I hate to put it like this, it just means I'm getting old... 😆

I see more adults mis behaving than kids.

16 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

Those gay bears can have fun. 

Those men are cool and very chill.  It’s this large family from Alabama. One old drunk uncle was also obnoxious on CocoCay beach club pestering people

Posted (edited)

Maybe...book a cruise that is longer and outside the Caribbean?  I only book longer cruises where the demographic is quite different, not displaying so much of the “party vibe, or “float the boat.”  However, that is just me and how I chose to vacation, along with spending my money.  Entitled people are everywhere, but there are itineraries where the vibe is much more inviting and  enjoyable.  Also, when Celebrity took away all those balconies, it made the other venues onboard more crowded, IMHO.  Furthermore C exacerbated the need to travel and do whatever made you happy...the "heck with others” mentality.  I love my peace and quiet, but am not a solarium seeker due to a variety of reasons.  Anyway, I hope you find what makes you happy🥰

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We have enough pins, pens, writing paper (still from Mercury), cocktail glasses,   tote bags  and card folders to fill 2  large bins in the attic..

Maybe we'll bring some of these "artifacts" on future cruises use as door prizes at the get togethers.  

I do like the recipe books and cards

(food and bev),   and treasure all my ART tour books!

Why did Celebrity stop giving out pins, pens, and writing paper and the nice bedroom slippers ?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

At least one person said the staff made space.  I’m surprised more people don’t share tables.  Maybe this is why I avoid the buffet.

in some places it's accepted more than in others..an open seat is a seat  where we live!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, asctony said:

$$$

they give pencils and cardboard pens.. and one pad ..in the cabin

hard to find paper or pads..we bring our own

3 hours ago, Miaminice said:

yes you could! And no, you don’t have to buy them… we actually received lapel pins when we cruised with Royal many years ago. 
Want some? Ours are still in mint condition. We never wore them 🤣

Do you think they will look good on my backwards ball cap and top tank shirt?

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

But we don’t “all know”?

Here’s an idea.  Get the crew member’s name that refuses to intercede.  Let them know you are going to include this fact in your survey.  Invite them to bring their boss over to discuss.  But don’t take no for an answer if there is a rules violation. 

I hesitate to even write this but right now on the Eclipse there is at least one ‘super-pooper’ fouling the decks and no one is reporting them.  No… I am not kidding.

Celebrity itself much nicer this cruise from what I am seeing.  Celebrity passengers?  Keep getting more, um…

Well let’s just say there is one person on board who is angry that management won’t allow a festive crew ‘line-up’ a’la Carnival.

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Why did Celebrity stop giving out pins, pens, and writing paper and the nice bedroom slippers ?

To save our kids the trouble of tossing them in the trash after we take our final cruise…

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Do you think they will look good on my backwards ball cap and top tank shirt?

the only way to wear them 👍

12 hours ago, MissyDot said:

And no more breakfast room service doorknob cards 

Didn't know that.  Is it just phone in your orders the day/night before?

On 5/30/2024 at 9:48 AM, Miaminice said:

People without the slightest trace of common sense or respect but with a giant feeling of entitlement - that’s what’s happening to Celebrity 🤷🏻

It seems to me that the Class System on Celebrity and now the ability to purchase a VIP pass gives the feeling of entitlement. Many of the staterooms are the same size, but when one leaves their stateroom they may be entitled to more... and if staying in the Retreat one have access to areas of the ship that most do not.

Looks like a big hint by Celebrity on Silhouette..  I saw this posted in a recent review..  It's inside the  thermal  suite area with the loungers,  but a good start. 

Maybe X could have Quiet Time for an hour or two in the Solarium in the mornings.?? 

At Sandals Bahamas, they  actually had a quiet pool area,  and a  sep party pool with music  and fun etc..  It worked well!

IMG_3975.thumb.jpeg.dca7cfa7b7dfa797fc32d61175fc3bd2.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, billc23 said:

It seems to me that the Class System on Celebrity and now the ability to purchase a VIP pass gives the feeling of entitlement. Many of the staterooms are the same size, but when one leaves their stateroom they may be entitled to more... and if staying in the Retreat one have access to areas of the ship that most do not.

This is the second time in a few years that I’ve seen someone write about the Celebrity class system.  The last comment was about how other cruise lines offering $30,000 suites (really) are more egalitarian.

Celebrity has how many different cabin types that people can choose from?  And that’s elitist or classist because someone in an inside cabin pays and receives priority boarding?

interesting convo but we are straying from topic of Tranquility!

While  we enjoy live music,  shows  a few drinks,  & good food,  we do not cruise to party...we cruise to relax,  away from our phones..and enjoy the sun sea and sky! 

I spend much of my time in the solarium and spa..(even with rising prices) ..It  would be nice to not have these places turn into an extension of the  loudness that is  now predominant on many of the ships.  

• Like 1

It only takes one or two loud mouths to spoil the serenity of the Solarium or the Thermal Suite.  It can be a crap shoot.  At least the white noise of the water in the Solarium somewhat muffles the unnecessary noise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

It only takes one or two loud mouths to spoil the serenity of the Solarium or the Thermal Suite.  It can be a crap shoot.  At least the white noise of the water in the Solarium somewhat muffles the unnecessary noise.

great point..  being in the water   blocks outside noise!

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

It’s crazy during family time.  On the Eclipse in South America the pool was filled with kids entirely and it was unusable.  Plus I think one of them might have splashed me.  😭

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It’s crazy during family time.  On the Eclipse in South America the pool was filled with kids entirely and it was unusable.  Plus I think one of them might have splashed me.  😭

image.gif.adc9201e1f1924f86dc7805a84da4b8e.gif

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

image.gif.adc9201e1f1924f86dc7805a84da4b8e.gif

Don’t laugh.  It really hurt my feelings.  You ever been mugged by a gang of 7 year olds?  That’s what I felt like.  🙂

• Like 1