Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

Posted (edited)

😎Just got this email from Celebrity:

SHARED STATUS FOR
 OUR LOYAL MEMBERS

We’re elevating our loyalty status match program to give you the best benefits at sea. Captain’s Club members will now receive one-for-one tier matching across all three Royal Caribbean Group brands: Celebrity Cruises®, Royal Caribbean®, and now also Silversea®. This shared status gives you more benefits than ever before, and more ways to see the world—with more than 50 incredible ships sailing to nearly 1,000 destinations.

Find your Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club tier below and discover your loyalty match for Crown & Anchor Society® and Venetian Society.

Please allow up to seven days for your status to take effect. Onboard status match benefits begin June 5, 2024.

We’ve updated Captain's Club Terms and Conditions including disclosures on how your data will be shared with other brands within the Royal Caribbean Group, as well as our dispute resolution process. By using our website, or the Captain's Club program, you agree to be bound by these updated Terms and Conditions.

START ENJOYING ONE-FOR-ONE TIER
 MATCHING BENEFITS BY ENROLLING TODAY.

ENROLL NOW

FAQS

LOY STATUS MATCH VIDEO > PLAY

TABLE

Please review the loyalty match terms and conditions for full details on eligible benefits. Some benefit exclusions may apply.
Edited by orville99
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• orville99 changed the title to Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for my X account to update, but it will definitely move a few people to the other two cruise lines😇

• Like 3

Guessing this will be more of an issue for pinnies matching to X and crowding the retreat lounge than the other way around, last I heard there was < 1k zeniths.  No idea how many are on RCL, but guessing at least 5x that.

• Like 3

Notice that some benefits are excluded from the match (from the FAQ section).

Are there any loyalty benefits that are excluded from the Loyalty Status Match program?

Some brand loyalty benefits are reserved exclusively for loyalty program members who have attained tier status based on points or nights sailed within each brand, as opposed to those who earned status through the Status Match program. Since Status Match members only receive the tier and not the associated points, they are ineligible for the benefits listed below. 

Crown & Anchor Society:

• Complimentary Pinnacle Club milestone cruises
  • Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club amenities
  • Single supplement cruise fare reduction
  • Cheers with an Officer onboard event
  • Milestone recognition (Crystal Block)
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities
  • Pinnacle Club milestone kits
  • Chef’s Choice amenity

Captain’s Club:  

• Complimentary Zenith cruises
  • Zenith milestone kits
  • WWF® donations
  • Retreat Lounge access when not staying in the Retreat
    • Status match members will only be permitted to access the Retreat Lounge when not staying in the Retreat based on availability and at the sole discretion of Celebrity Cruises

Venetian Society:

• “Sail with Us” referral offer prior to your first Silversea voyage, and certain other promotions
  • Complimentary cruises
  • Milestone recognition during the Venetian Society Party

• Like 4

1 minute ago, acuprulez said:

Guessing this will be more of an issue for pinnies matching to X and crowding the retreat lounge than the other way around, last I heard there was < 1k zeniths.  No idea how many are on RCL, but guessing at least 5x that.

They have excluded retreat lounge access from the reciprocal benefits list (except when staying in Retreat or if exception is made at sole discretion of X)

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for my X account to update, but it will definitely move a few people to the other two cruise lines😇

My Celebrity app has listed Zenith for over a week.  I honestly thought it was an IT glitch until I received the email today.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

They have excluded retreat lounge access from the reciprocal benefits list (except when staying in Retreat or if exception is made at sole discretion of X)

Which is essentially the same suite lounge restriction on RCL when there are too many Pins on board.

• Like 3

Just now, Tlbecker1 said:

My Celebrity app has listed Zenith for over a week.  I honestly thought it was an IT glitch until I received the email today.

Ours haven't updated yet. Not sailing on X again until next January, and already booked in a Retreat suite, so no rush for us.

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Which is essentially the same suite lounge restriction on RCL when there are too many Pins on board.

Agreed.  I wonder how they will enforce it.  I'm sure it will be a painful learning process just as it was for RC.  I'm surprised that they matched Pinn to Zenith, TBH.  

We have never sailed on X so I am not familiar with the Zenith benefits, but it would seem, at first glance, that the Zeniths going to RC will be getting a nicer upgrade than the Pinnies going to X.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Notice that some benefits are excluded from the match (from the FAQ section).

Are there any loyalty benefits that are excluded from the Loyalty Status Match program?

Some brand loyalty benefits are reserved exclusively for loyalty program members who have attained tier status based on points or nights sailed within each brand, as opposed to those who earned status through the Status Match program. Since Status Match members only receive the tier and not the associated points, they are ineligible for the benefits listed below. 

Crown & Anchor Society:

• Complimentary Pinnacle Club milestone cruises
  • Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club amenities
  • Single supplement cruise fare reduction
  • Cheers with an Officer onboard event
  • Milestone recognition (Crystal Block)
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities
  • Pinnacle Club milestone kits
  • Chef’s Choice amenity

Captain’s Club:  

• Complimentary Zenith cruises
  • Zenith milestone kits
  • WWF® donations
  • Retreat Lounge access when not staying in the Retreat
    • Status match members will only be permitted to access the Retreat Lounge when not staying in the Retreat based on availability and at the sole discretion of Celebrity Cruises

Venetian Society:

• “Sail with Us” referral offer prior to your first Silversea voyage, and certain other promotions
  • Complimentary cruises
  • Milestone recognition during the Venetian Society Party

Those exceptions don’t surprise me.  I’m just glad to get some of the onboard “amenities” afforded Elite+, since it will be at least 3 - 4 years before we actually get to E+, points-wise. 🙂

• Like 2

This is nice, we sailed Celebrity for the first time last year and have 3 more booked, being D+ I was happy with the Elite status but E+ I think get's complimentary coffee at cafe al bacio so that's a nice bonus.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

All in all the status match changes are nothingburgers if you primarily sail on RC or aren't Pinnacle

D+ is now Elite Plus which is a change.  Before D+ and Pinn were Elite.

We've been talking about doing more X cruises once we hit Pinn next spring so this is another incentive.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BND said:

D+ is now Elite Plus which is a change.  Before D+ and Pinn were Elite.

We've been talking about doing more X cruises once we hit Pinn next spring so this is another incentive.

Right, but Elite Plus isn't all that much better than Elite.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

My reading is that the current format is Celebrity based Zeniths will get access while the reciprocal Zeniths should expect not to have access.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I just posted on the Celebrity boards yesterday that they should make those changes.  I am glad they listened to me. 😂

Well done !!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Zenith gets WIFI and the Premium Drink package correct?

Zenith

Featured Benefits

• Access to The Retreat Lounge/Michael’s Club(*see FAQ for reciprocal*)
  • Upon reaching the Zenith tier, receive a complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in a Veranda stateroom only)+++(see FAQ for reciprocal)
  • 25% off Specialty Dining cover charge
  • Complimentary Laundry
  • Complimentary Premium Drink Package
  • Complimentary Premium WiFi

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Right, but Elite Plus isn't all that much better than Elite.

The main (for us) benefit of Elite Plus is the unlimited free Al Bacio coffee and tea drinks. 

all this status talk hurts my head.  Could care less since I do not drink. I am diamond plus and when I go to the Diamond lounge, it is to get chocolate covered strawberries and then leave.

Otherwise Status is just over rated IMHO

• Like 2
  • Haha 6