Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

14 hours ago, island lady said:

That is why we will be keeping a low profile and not letting on we inherited the Zenith perks.  😉 

No reason to feel this way.  A few negative comments on the Celebrity board -nothing new- and who cares.  You will certainly be welcomed on Celebrity ships and you will have a great time as a P/Z.  This status match change is excellent for the majority of RC and X cruisers.  Less sure about SS cruisers.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, zanydoc said:

Why? Is there some kind of negative effect on Celebrity cruisers? It seems to me that both Celebrity and Royal cruisers can benefit from these updates. Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity, so I’m not sure what the fuss is about. 

Zenith cruiser are concerned at the influx in their ranks, and an exacerbation of an already crowded experience. I believe this is a valid concern for them. 

With the exception of Pinnacles, there is little to no benefit to any other C&A level to cruise X.  I (a D+) cruise Celebrlty on occasion, when the itinerary and timing is right; but there is no way this shift in the rules would entice me to do so otherwise. My loyalty benefit on X is pitiful compared to Royal. 

Not to split hairs, but Royal and Celebrity (and Silverseas) are owned by the same parent company. Royal Caribbean, the cruise line, does not own Celebrity

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Zenith cruiser are concerned at the influx in their ranks, and an exacerbation of an already crowded experience. I believe this is a valid concern for them. 

With the exception of Pinnacles, there is little to no benefit to any other C&A level to cruise X.  I (a D+) cruise Celebrlty on occasion, when the itinerary and timing is right; but there is no way this shift in the rules would entice me to do so otherwise. My loyalty benefit on X is pitiful compared to Royal. 

Not to split hairs, but Royal and Celebrity (and Silverseas) are owned by the same parent company. Royal Caribbean, the cruise line, does not own Celebrity

Hopefully the concerns about over crowding will be minimal - new Z's won't be in the Retreat Lounge because of the very limited access and small venue - possibly the luncheon will have a larger number - reserved seating in the theater could have a few more but my observation about the theater is that the allotted space is only partial used and the space only fills when it is open to all just before show time.

52 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

an exacerbation of an already crowded experience

Do the Z's have the same overcrowding problems that the P's do ?  I have no idea.  I had the impression that there were very few Z's compared to the number of P's.

I certainly understand that if a brazilian P's coming pouring over to Celebrity that then, they WILL have a problem.  Just wasn't aware of whether it's currently a problem or not.  I truly do not know.

22 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Do the Z's have the same overcrowding problems that the P's do ?  I have no idea.  I had the impression that there were very few Z's compared to the number of P's.

I certainly understand that if a brazilian P's coming pouring over to Celebrity that then, they WILL have a problem.  Just wasn't aware of whether it's currently a problem or not.  I truly do not know.

I don’t know either; but judging by the posts on the X board, they feel they do 

• Like 2

On a transatlantic cruise the most Zeniths I heard was 40

Thats is the most popular itineraries where most frequent cruisers like.

I also heard on Royal Caribbean cruise line there are more than one hundred Pinnacles on board on one sailing.

On Caribbean cruises with Celebrity it usually less than 10 Zeniths or on some sailing may be non.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I was initially puzzled when I read this.  Why would Brazilian P’s be more problematic than any other P’s?  Then I realized autocorrect must have changed bazillion to brazilian, LOL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

No reason to feel this way.  A few negative comments on the Celebrity board -nothing new- and who cares.  You will certainly be welcomed on Celebrity ships and you will have a great time as a P/Z.  This status match change is excellent for the majority of RC and X cruisers.  Less sure about SS cruisers.

Yes, we will indeed have fun.  Very much looking forward to it, and the little "Connie".  Will be our first time cruising up the Mississippi, however short cruise up that river...and has been years since we have been to NO.   

But I will politely duck out of conversations about Z/P...just like I would about politics and religion.  😄 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, verizon said:

I agree with you 100%.The shinny pin does not reflect how much money I have in my bank account.

Nope...it only reflects how much money has been, and still is....Leaving my bank account!  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, verizon said:

On a transatlantic cruise the most Zeniths I heard was 40

Thats is the most popular itineraries where most frequent cruisers like.

I also heard on Royal Caribbean cruise line there are more than one hundred Pinnacles on board on one sailing.

On Caribbean cruises with Celebrity it usually less than 10 Zeniths or on some sailing may be non.

We had over 300 Pinnies on the Wonder TA when she first came to PC.  

• Like 1

Ironically, had X decided to home port a ship in PC when we achieved Pinnacle, we would have almost enough points on X to make Zenith by now. If they kept a ship or two in Florida year round we’d already be there.😇

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thesewere the stats on last years Odyssey TA.

IMG_7809.jpeg

Very impressive.I don't know how Celebrity going to hold the Zenith Lunch.Perhaps need to do it everyday for a 7 days cruise.Reservation seats in theater on Deck 5 will be solely for Suites and Zeniths guests only.LOL

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, verizon said:

Very impressive.I don't know how Celebrity going to hold the Zenith Lunch.Perhaps need to do it everyday for a 7 days cruise.Reservation seats in theater on Deck 5 will be solely for Suites and Zeniths guests only.LOL

Maybe they can use a bigger venue? Use one of the 3 open dining rooms during lunchtime? If Royal can figure it out.........Celebrity should too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

My wife said that her Pinnacle pin is the most expensive piece of jewelry that she owns!!!! I agree!!!!

Same here and I don’t even want to know how much that piece of pot metal cost us. 😆

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Same here and I don’t even want to know how much that piece of pot metal cost us. 😆

For us it was about a third of the total that we have spent on cruises since we started.😱

People on this site have mentioned the Zenith lunch as one of the benefits on Celebrity when you are a Zenith member. Is it like the Pinnacle lunch on RCCL which most times has filet and upgraded apps. Anyone have knowledge about it?????

20 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Maybe they can use a bigger venue? Use one of the 3 open dining rooms during lunchtime? If Royal can figure it out.........Celebrity should too.

Royal has its lunch with Officers in one of their MDR.  As a matter of fact, they have 2 of them, one for the Ps and separate one for the D+ with 340+.  On Easter Anthem sail that I attended there were more Officers than attendees.  No problem with crowding at all and including the C lounge.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jamon said:

RCCL which most times has filet and upgraded apps. 

In my humble opinion, other than the fillet and everything else like the apps and desserts are normal menu items.

What I find amazing is that wine flows freely, however when I order a beer or sometimes a diet coke, I have to use one of my 5 allotted drinks.🤣

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jamon said:

People on this site have mentioned the Zenith lunch as one of the benefits on Celebrity when you are a Zenith member. Is it like the Pinnacle lunch on RCCL which most times has filet and upgraded apps. Anyone have knowledge about it?????

I can answer that next week as we are on our first cruise as Zenith.

The Pinnacle lunch menu has been inconsistent over the fleet. Sometimes it is great with very good choices (filet) and others not so good. Many times the luncheon has Diamond+ added because the P numbers were low. Once upon a time the lunch was held in a specialty restaurant and we sat with an officer at each table - now with the "Cheers with a Officer" it has been in the MDR and the officers disappear after the toast. Covid was blamed - so what is the excuse now???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

now with the "Cheers with a Officer" it has been in the MDR and the officers disappear after the toast. Covid was blamed - so what is the excuse now???

This was due to Covid as you mentioned.  On one of my Anthem sails, the Captain mentioned that they were hoping that an Officer would be able to sit at table with members, as in past.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2