Match status in the future

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, captainannoyed! said:

that which is durable and flexible to dryer settings

There is the problem! Nothing we own will not be ruined by high dryer settings! In addition to washing it too hot and not using fabric softner! So you will get a baked piece of clothing that is hard and wrinkeld and good to be thrown away! As we know how to pack there is also no need to do laundry on a vacation for up to 4 weeks.....

Edited by cruiseboy89130
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Guess our clothing is not basic enough - we like nice and soft clothing!

What clothing item(s) have been ruined when you used the ship’s laundry? I have had laundry done dozens of times on both Celebrity and RCI ships without any problems. To be fair, I tend to buy nicer, more expensive clothes, which are more durable than cheaper, less expensive clothes. 

19 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What clothing item(s) have been ruined when you used the ship’s laundry? I have had laundry done dozens of times on both Celebrity and RCI ships without any problems. To be fair, I tend to buy nicer, more expensive clothes, which are more durable than cheaper, less expensive clothes. 

We had a nice thread on FB where people posted what their clothing looked like after it got back from the ships laundry - it was hillarious!🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

We had a nice thread on FB where people posted what their clothing looked like after it got back from the ships laundry - it was hillarious!🤣🤣🤣

You still didn’t answer my question…what item(s) of yours were ruined? How often have you used the laundry perk (or paid for it)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You still didn’t answer my question…what item(s) of yours were ruined? How often have you used the laundry perk (or paid for it)?

Totally love your sense of humor!🤣 Bless you!😝

To kind of get back on track, there are people on FB losing their minds.  They are demanding that points also be shared across the lines.  Someone also said, this really isn't a change.  Really?  Did they read the status match info?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Totally love your sense of humor!🤣 Bless you!😝

I would like the answer asked for by @PhillyFan33579 as well as that essentially is what I was asking. Not sure why you have avoided to answer that.  What experience have you had directly with on board laundry to arrive at your opinion? Anecdotal references from another social media site is not direct experience.  We, too, have used their services in the past without any issues. That is an example of direct experience.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I would like that answer as well as that essentially is what I was asking.  What experience have you had directly with on board laundry to arrive at your opinion?  We, too, have used their services in the past without any issues.

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

There is the problem! Nothing we own will not be ruined by high dryer settings! In addition to washing it too hot and not using fabric softner! So you will get a baked piece of clothing that is hard and wrinkeld and good to be thrown away! As we know how to pack there is also no need to do laundry on a vacation for up to 4 weeks.....

1 hour ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

When we used it - it was a total nightmare every time - so no more for sure!

Edited by cruiseboy89130

18 minutes ago, BND said:

To kind of get back on track, there are people on FB losing their minds.  They are demanding that points also be shared across the lines.  Someone also said, this really isn't a change.  Really?  Did they read the status match info?  

It isn’t a change for those who were already Elite+ and Diamond+ on both lines using their respective points - see the other thread. That really sucks for them yet for the majority it is a step up and a much needed and wanted improvement.

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It looks like your questions are going to go unanswered.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

It looks like your questions are going to go unanswered.

I believe someone else already implied this, but I doubt the poster in question has ever used laundry on a ship. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It isn’t a change for those who were already Elite+ and Diamond+ on both lines using their respective points - see the other thread. That really sucks for them yet for the majority it is a step up and a much needed and wanted improvement.

D+ and Pinn translated to Elite along with D.  Now, they translate into an equivalent status. On both lines, okay.  That's a choice to cruise on both prior to this change.  What exactly did they expect?  Special treatment?  This just levels it.  Royal didn't have to do anything.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BND said:

D+ and Pinn translated to Elite along with D.  Now, they translate into an equivalent status. On both lines, okay.  That's a choice to cruise on both prior to this change.  What exactly did they expect?  Special treatment?  This just levels it.  Royal didn't have to do anything.  

I’m certainly not complaining it’s a step up for me. Just pointing out that for a few this translates into no change at all. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I believe someone else already implied this, but I doubt the poster in question has ever used laundry on a ship. 

My point exactly.  It sems as though they are forming an opinion based on what they have heard anecdotally, not from ever having done it themselves.  But it's no longer worth the effort.  The service has worked well for us in the past and for us, that's all that matters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Um, ok.  At least you know you only purchase hand wash only, apparently.  I’ve only had positive experiences with boxers and tees that have already been washed and are off the shelf materials.  YMMV.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

My point exactly.  It sems as though they are forming an opinion based on what they have heard anecdotally, not from ever having done it themselves.  But it's no longer worth the effort.  The service has worked well for us in the past and for us, that's all that matters.

We use the laundry benefit all the time on Celebrity and Royal.  Never had any issues.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We use the laundry benefit all the time on Celebrity and Royal.  Never had any issues.

But apparently the poster in question has better clothes that are nicer and softer than the rest of us, who just have basic clothes.  They apparently know how to pack better than us for longer cruises as well, so they have no need for the laundry services anyway. 😉

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

As we know how to pack there is also no need to do laundry on a vacation for up to 4 weeks.....

I guess I don’t have 28 pairs of socks, underwear and t-shirts for my workouts. I don’t want to wash them in my sink and hang them all around the room.  The laundry service has been great for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll join the chorus and say that we have never had very good luck with the ships' laundry service.  I send practically anything out to be laundered and have never had anything shrink, fade, be damaged or disappear with 1 single exception (and this happened when we were Star Class !).  I once had a pair of yoga pants disappear but a pair of men's  athletic pants appeared in their place.  So while the "count" was correct, I did have a bit of a switcheroo occur.  Other than that, we have always been extremely happy (and grateful) with the laundry service provided.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I'll join the chorus and say that we have never had very good luck with the ships' laundry service

we have always been extremely happy (and grateful) with the laundry service provided.

I'm confused.

37 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I'm confused.

I understand !  I should have said, "...we have never ALWAYS had very good luck with the ships' laundry services..."  Poor proofing on my part.  A thousand pardons.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I understand !  I should have said, "...we have never ALWAYS had very good luck with the ships' laundry services..."  Poor proofing on my part.  A thousand pardons.

LOL  I still got it wrong !  You know what I meant....

22 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have had tears in two button down cotton dress shirts. After the second time I stopped sending those in the laundry bag. I do send underwear, t-shirts, Polo shirts and socks. I can tell the polos get shrinkage so now I take inexpensive 60/40 polos from Kohls on cruises and those are holding up. So the benefit is quite good for me as that takes care of most of my needs. I have a separate vacation wardrobe from my normal wardrobe. 

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

LOL  I still got it wrong !  You know what I meant....

I wonder if the person who got your yoga pants noticed😱

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 6:50 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Of course our luck, we were on the Icon in March and due to that sailing, are now diamond plus on Royal.  We have been Elite Plus on Celebrity for a few years but only diamond on Royal!  Others may be lucky now.  Not us. But that's life! 

What is an issue here?

This is a new rule and has nothing to do with luck.

All E+ and D+ were not getting matching statuses before this change.

Now we all will get it.

Zenith/Pinnacles were even in worse position. 😉

Edited by Tatka