‘Regular items’ on the Luminae menu

Hoe someone can help … I understand, that in addition to the daily evening menu in Luminae, there are ‘always available’ choices too? Can anyone confirm what these are? I know one is French Onion Soup, but can anyone onboard confirm the other choices? Thanks in advance 😊

6 minutes ago, 39august said:

Cesar salad, shrimp cocktail and escargot are always available. On S and M class ships you can also order from the MDR menus. 

...as well as Blu.

Thanks for the replies. What about entrees? We’re sailing on an Edge class (Ascent and Beyond) so just trying to get an idea on what to expect! So, can you order from the Blu menu too whilst dining in Luminae?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Cesar salad, shrimp cocktail and escargot are always available. On S and M class ships you can also order from the MDR menus. 

You left out my favorite…. French onion soup ! 

mac_tlc

23 minutes ago, SDWCruise said:

Thanks for the replies. What about entrees? We’re sailing on an Edge class (Ascent and Beyond) so just trying to get an idea on what to expect! So, can you order from the Blu menu too whilst dining in Luminae?  Thanks!

No.  I wasn't aware that you were on an Edge series ship.  No cross ordering (majority of the time).

We were on Beyond Retreat 10N in April and only dined in Luminae one night. Enjoyed the MDR menus much more with greater selection. Check out this live thread if you want an idea of the offerings in Luminae:

• Like 3

You can also ask for a baked potato, shrimp cocktail, and steamed vegetables. Everyday dessert is also a cheesecake (choice of sauce on top) and you can get a fruit plate. I believe you can get the Luminae burger for dinner. 

9 hours ago, txtechmk said:

Regular entrees include: salmon, chicken breast, and filet.

Also available on all ships in all dining room is the Children's Menu  - 4 ounce Sirloin, Fish sticks,Mac and Cheese and Grill Cheese Sandwich. 

9 hours ago, 39august said:

No filet anymore on always available menu. Also, not on children's menu.

That's really disappointing - the 4 oz kids filet was my go to every night on the last two cruises when I didn't like any of the main options.  Hopefully the sirloin is decent but I'm not holding my breath. 

If you ask for a copies of the menus for the full week on boarding the M’D or concierge will print them out in order for you. As they literally only have to print it isn’t a big job for them. You can then choose the days you like the menu to dine in Luminae and look at speciality restaurants the nights you don’t or chat to the M’D about other options with 24 hours notice.

Also in Luminae you can request starters to be served as a mains, sauces to be served on the side…They will try to accommodate you. You can also ask at the end of the evening to look at the menu for the next day and request changes just as people with food intolerances do.

Alternatively to paying for speciality restaurants remember you can use the MDR, buffet and room service too. Especially on a longer cruise a buffet ‘graze’ one night can be a good option as can dining in.

I must confess to never having used the everyday menu other than for the onion soup. I always feel it is a waste of a dining night to compromise with a simple piece of chicken or salmon….

We did not like a lot of the appetizer choices in Luminae so, if we did not want one of the "everyday" appetizer items, we would ask for that evening's pasta entree as an appetizer for us to share. Also, when I ordered the "everyday" chicken one night, it seemed to be an upgrade from the ones usually served in MDR/buffet as it was attached to a bone and juicy.

4 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

We did not like a lot of the appetizer choices in Luminae

I have no issues ordering a 'green salad' for an appetizer.  I also often go with the caesar salad from the everyday menu and or shrimp cocktail sauce with extra horseradish on the side (their cocktail sauce is never has as much kick as I like). 

On our last cruise I asked for a salad and was give the spinach salad from Blu, which was really good. 

We also found out that in Luminae (at least on on Beyond) you can get things they typically serve in the Retreat lounge such as breadsticks at dinner and, in the morning, yogurt with berries or the breakfast pastries served that day in lounge (such as cinnamon rolls and almond croissants which are my favorites but were never on the bread tray). It took a few minutes for the assistant to get items we requested but never seemed to be a problem.

• Like 1

@OceanCruise So very true.  My wife loves the bread sticks and asked for some the first evening at lunch.  Our assistant waiter, who had been with us on our last Millennium cruise as well, brought her some and at every lunch and dinner thereafter brought a covered plate with four to six of them. 

54 minutes ago, 39august said:

Good for you on Ascent. I asked for filet on Equinox in Feb. and was denied. 

Really? In Luminae?  Did the waiter say no or the maitre'd?  

6 hours ago, 39august said:

Apparently, the chef.  We have sailed EQ suites several times and always before could get filet. I was quite surprised. 

Yes, I would be shocked as well.