How is Big Chicken?

Is it worth having it as a meal or is it recommended for a snack but save my appetite for the restaurants?  My teenage son is looking forward to Big Chicken more than any other restaurant but I want to manage expectations.  Thanks!

I'm so glad to hear this!  I thought I'd be stuck eating dry chicken sandwiches.  My son is literally planning Big Chicken meals around the nicer restaurant meals I've planned.  :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 3

Just now, Saint Greg said:

I like it when I need a quick breakfast or lunch. I personally wouldn’t do it for dinner but I’m sure many do.

You have Celebration menus in your signature!  Yay.  Now I have to study those.  😉 

With so many places to eat on the Celebration I doubt I'll go hungry.  🙂 If Big Chicken isn't my favorite, I can always grab something somewhere else.  I do like that they do breakfast until late.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Host CMLA said:

You have Celebration menus in your signature!  Yay.  Now I have to study those.  😉 

With so many places to eat on the Celebration I doubt I'll go hungry.  🙂 If Big Chicken isn't my favorite, I can always grab something somewhere else.  I do like that they do breakfast until late.  

IMO, the biscuits at breakfast are extremely dry and practically inedible.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Host CMLA said:

There’s so much to eat on those ships especially for lunch. Street eats, shwarma, sea dogs. Cucina and Chibang open for lunch..at least on sea days.

• Like 4

The chicken fingers...YUM.  I liked them better than the sandwich. The thin fries are also outstanding.  I have had the chicken at Shaq's Big Chicken on the Radiance and chicken at the Chicken Shack on the Firenze, both were GREAT!  If your son loves chicken fingers, be prepared for him to eat them morning, noon and night.  It's almost like the swirls machine, a stop for a chicken finger every time one walks by the counter.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

There’s so much to eat on those ships especially for lunch. Street eats, shwarma, sea dogs. Cucina and Chibang open for lunch..at least on sea days.

We don't go to the dining room that often because the menus haven't changed much over the years.  We usually make meals of snacks here and there or the buffet even.  I feel like I could live on Street Eats.  Food truck food is a fave of mine.  I may camp out there when those are open.  We only have to wait 6 more days to find out!  The sushi place is a favorite too.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

The chicken fingers...YUM.  I liked them better than the sandwich. The thin fries are also outstanding.  I have had the chicken at Shaq's Big Chicken on the Radiance and chicken at the Chicken Shack on the Firenze, both were GREAT!  If your son loves chicken fingers, be prepared for him to eat them morning, noon and night.  It's almost like the swirls machine, a stop for a chicken finger every time one walks by the counter.

So you've met my son?  🤣

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Host CMLA said:

So you've met my son?  🤣

I have gone and gotten the fingers and added it to a salad from Lido.  Yum

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

I have gone and gotten the fingers and added it to a salad from Lido.  Yum

Genius!  Now I'll have to try that.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host CMLA said:

We don't go to the dining room that often because the menus haven't changed much over the years.  We usually make meals of snacks here and there or the buffet even.  I feel like I could live on Street Eats.  Food truck food is a fave of mine.  I may camp out there when those are open.  We only have to wait 6 more days to find out!  The sushi place is a favorite too.  

I do eat in the dining room but on Mardi Gras and celebration I never did because of all of the other options. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I do eat in the dining room but on Mardi Gras and celebration I never did because of all of the other options. 

While it is for pay, Emeril’s is worth the visit as well.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 7

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Ehile it is for pay, Emeril’s is worth the visit as well.

Definitely. I usually eat Sea day breakfasts there. $6/item and one is really enough. Especially with all of the lunch options that open up in a few hours if you get hungry 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

While it is for pay, Emeril’s is worth the visit as well.

I wondered about that.  I'm a Louisiana girl and usually go for all things seafood and creole, etc but I'm on the fence about Emeril's.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not to mention the Emeril selection each night in the MDR, CMLA, when are you cruising?

We're on the June 9 to 15 Celebration.  This Sunday.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Another vote for Shaq's at lunch.  But you may end up eating three lunches there if you like the chicken sandwiches as much as I do.  The meat is flavorful, plump and juicy and the crispy outside is great.  I'd like to do a side-by-side comparison of Shaq's sammich and chikfila.  I don't understand how Carnival can use quality chicken here but use crappy chicken at other restaurants and buffet.  Tip: the orange habanero sauce at tomodoro/blue iguana is much better than the sauces Shaq's offers for my tastebuds.  The biscuits are notoriously bad and I don't think of a chicken sandwich and fries (average) as dinner food.  Have fun!  Don't miss shawarma!

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 2