Extend your stay - no food?

We were thinking about booking 'Extend your stay', since we have a late flight on disembarkation day. I noticed some changes to this program, compared to a couple of months ago. Now the premium beverage package is included, instead of the non alcoholic package. But there was no mentioning of breakfast of lunch... so I asked X by e-mail. This is what they replied:

"In the Extend your Stay program... is access to the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) included for breakfast and lunch?"

"No it does not ."

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises"

I'm having a hard time believing this. Is it true that you can't eat anything when you book the regular 'Extend your stay'?

How would they know who was in the buffet as a passenger and who was in the buffet on an EYS pass?  Further, a premium drinks package is included but not food? Seems far fetched to me. Hopefully, the person responding to your email is wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Nightowl11 said:

What is extend your stay?

For  +- 100 dollars per person you can stay longer on the ship on disembarkation day. Only possible in a couple of ports. You can see if it applies tonyour cruise on the 'shore excursions' of your last port.

Edited by Difiroa676

1 hour ago, Difiroa676 said:

We were thinking about booking 'Extend your stay', since we have a late flight on disembarkation day. I noticed some changes to this program, compared to a couple of months ago. Now the premium beverage package is included, instead of the non alcoholic package. But there was no mentioning of breakfast of lunch... so I asked X by e-mail. This is what they replied:

"In the Extend your Stay program... is access to the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) included for breakfast and lunch?"

"No it does not ."

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises"

I'm having a hard time believing this. Is it true that you can't eat anything when you book the regular 'Extend your stay'?

This is nonsense as there is indeed no check on who goes to the buffets. You just might not be able to book a specialty restaurant anymore.

1 hour ago, Difiroa676 said:

Breakfast is included for everyone on the ship so there’s no doubt that they must have misunderstood your question.

11 minutes ago, Difiroa676 said:

For  +- 100 dollars per person you can stay longer on the ship on disembarkation day. Only possible in a couple of ports. You can see if it applies tonyour cruise on the 'shore excursions' of your last port.

Darn.  I don't see it.  We will be on an Alaskan cruise and our last port is Vancouver, Canada. In the future, and if we happen to be on a ship that offers it, can you sleep in, or do you have to be out of your cabin?  What is the absolute latest that you can leave your cabin? 

1 minute ago, Nightowl11 said:

Darn.  I don't see it.  We will be on an Alaskan cruise and our last port is Vancouver, Canada. In the future, and if we happen to be on a ship that offers it, can you sleep in, or do you have to be out of your cabin?  What is the absolute latest that you can leave your cabin? 

Hello,

No, you cannot sleep in. Normal surrender of cabin at approx 8.30 still applies (depending on disembarkation port).

Regards,

Cublet

2 hours ago, Difiroa676 said:

"No it does not ."

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises"

Hello,

Can you expand upon the lines: "I noticed some changes to this program, compared to a couple of months ago" as I cannot see anything recent from X? Everything I can see includes using the normal eateries. And as SAAB 4444 said "how would they know?"

Regards,

Cublet

5 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Can you expand upon the lines: "I noticed some changes to this program, compared to a couple of months ago" as I cannot see anything recent from X? Everything I can see includes using the normal eateries. And as SAAB 4444 said "how would they know?"

Regards,

Cublet

Before it was cheaper (approximately 70 dollars pp) and it included the non-alcoholic drinks package, next to the premium wifi. Furthermore there was a difference between Retreat guests and other cruisers. It also mentioned that you could use all public facilities (like the buffet).

Now there is only one fixed price for all guests and it includes the premium drinks package (our little boy will have the time of his life) and the same premium wifi. In the descprition norhing is stated about food possibilities. That's why i sent that question to Celebrity. 

I do believe the rep is wrong, but i don't see how you can misinterpret my question 😅.

Posted (edited)

but i don't see how you can misinterpret my question 😅."

they might be confused as to why you're asking about breakfast?

•  
Edited by Bullswood
  • Thanks 1

Any of the free 'full board' aspects should remain, so your OVC, Mast Grill and sweet treats from Al Bacio.

Anything chargeable would not, as you don't really have a room to charge things to any more.

At least that is how it was for me the last time I did the extended stay (which admittedly was 2019)

• Like 1

We asked about extend your stay on the Ascent last week of March, in Fort Lauderdale . Even being a Retreat guest, the answer was No.  

We were told they stopped offering this

FYI. If you are out of FLL international and a late departure, the airport is not pleasant to hang around. No restaurants and few seats  They will not accept luggage any earlier than 3 hrs before flight time and no later than 2 hrs

There are a few hotels apparently that offer a day package.  Perhaps someone else can answer

19 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

We asked about extend your stay on the Ascent last week of March, in Fort Lauderdale . Even being a Retreat guest, the answer was No.  

FYI. If you are out of FLL international and a late departure, the airport is not pleasant to hang around. No restaurants and few seats  They will not accept luggage any earlier than 3 hrs before flight time and no later than 2 hrs

There are a few hotels apparently that offer a day package.  Perhaps someone else can answer

There is a for fee luggage storage company that is in terminal 1 at FLL

22 minutes ago, Tierun said:

yes. The lineup was incredible though and they closed it for awhile There were 3 other cruise ships that arrived that morning that I saw. …. lots of people travelling 

It sounds like Celebrity is really taking advantage of those who have money to throw away. 

No loungers on the balcony.

Pay $100 to extend your stay. 

No food even when you pay $100 for extended stay. 

Head office doesn't know what the policies are.

Tell us how good Celebrity is.

GOOD THING YOU HAVE A CHOICE.

SMH

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Tierun said:

Yes. But the lineup was huge. They closed it for awhile. There were 3 cruise ships that arrived so lots of travellers

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

I believe it’s only available in select foreign ports. US law requires them to zero out the passenger count before allowing any new passengers aboard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just guessing here, but maybe no food is available for extended stay passengers because the crew shuts down the OVC and other dining venues for cleaning, etc., between cruises. 

1 hour ago, asctony said:

It sounds like Celebrity is really taking advantage of those who have money to throw away. 

SMH

It is good indeed - neither of those things are importantl to us and we love Celebrity. 

As to the original question  - I’m guessing that they meant seapass cards no longer charge on the last morning, so those extending their stay cannot opt for any additional food, coffee, etc.

18 minutes ago, indy406 said:

Just guessing here, but maybe no food is available for extended stay passengers because the crew shuts down the OVC and other dining venues for cleaning, etc., between cruises. 

It’s really not much different than any other day. The buffet closes after breakfast and reopens for lunch. Café Al Bacio does not close and B2B passengers find it a favorite spot on turnaround day.  MDR closes after breakfast and a portion of it re-opens for concierge lunch.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

It is good indeed - neither of those things are importantl to us and we love Celebrity. 

As to the original question  - I’m guessing that they meant seapass cards no longer charge on the last morning, so those extending their stay cannot opt for any additional food, coffee, etc.

If it is not important to you, then it does not apply to you. Others find it very important and thus it affects them. If there is no additional food, what are people paying $100 for? 

2 hours ago, asctony said:

SMH

Incorrect info. 

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 9.33.42 AM.png

• Thanks 2