Port Everglades to FLL transfers?

58 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Not worth it. Taxi/Lyft/UBER much cheaper/faster...(IMHO)

Agree. Not sure why someone would buy the transfers. Its so easy to just use a cab. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CruiserBruce said:

Agree. Not sure why someone would buy the transfers. It’s so easy to just use a cab. 

Agreed. My last disembarkation I watched a couple having a meltdown because they had to wait for other passengers when they felt they had already been waiting long enough. 

Taxis are the faster way to go as they are already there and moving quickly. Uber/Lyft have to proceed slowly through port access so they are not as efficient. (If speed is most important.)

• Like 2

Thanks to all who have responded.  I wanted to find out since our last experience at Port Everglades, our U driver had a hard time locating us and just kept driving around.  Perhaps a cab would be a better option for us.

19 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Not worth it. Taxi/Lyft/UBER much cheaper/faster...(IMHO)

Agree 100%, we NEVER use a cruise line shuttle. Either Uber or private transports, much cheaper, faster and not in a 30+ crowded  bus.

18 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Thanks to all who have responded.  I wanted to find out since our last experience at Port Everglades, our U driver had a hard time locating us and just kept driving around.  Perhaps a cab would be a better option for us.

We never had an Uber problem at Port Everglades.

18 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

As others said, yes, once onboard you can book just a transfer to FLL w/no tour. Taxis and shuttles are also readily available. If you're flying on a participating airline, Luggage Direct is available so you don’t have to mess w/your 🧳 no matter what transportation method you choose from port to FLL. Bonus is the overlimit fee is waived.

On 6/6/2024 at 1:23 PM, Fortunate 2 travel said:

That is an issue at PE and POM.  On the Uber/Lyft Apps, once you have an inbound driver, there is the option to send them a message (via the app) or even call them on the phone.  At the ports we generally send a message telling them exactly where we are waiting within the large port.  It can also be helpful to walk away from the crowds.  That being said, the distance from PE to FLL is quite short so we will sometimes use a taxi (which costs more than Uber but less than a cruise line transfer).  Our norm is to head to the taxi queue, evaluate the situation, and summon an Uber/Lyft if it seems like the better option.

One huge advantage to using taxis, Uber or Lyft is that you will have a private vehicle that will drop you at the proper airport door for your flight.  Those taking the overprices cruise line transfers will need to wait until their bus is full, all the luggage is loaded, and then they will generally be dropped at one central airport location which may be a long distance from their desired airline.

Hank

• Like 1