The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 8th, 2024

7 hours ago, dfish said:

We changed our flights to get into Boston a day earlier so that we have a full day in Boston.  We're meeting up with Sharon @Sharon in AZ and will be exploring the city together.  As Sharon said, three wild women take on Boston!   Now I am super excited!

Yes!  Three wild and crazy gals!  We are going to have so much fun. 

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Last update of the evening.  TV and Telephone are back.

Terri

Yaaayyy!  👏👏👏 That’ll help!  Now rest, tomorrow is another day, the sun will come up! 💗

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

While I'm waiting for Sunday's Daily to be posted I've been catching up on Saturday's.  Lots happened so I'm glad I have time to catch up! 

Joy @Seasick Sailor thank you for the lobster photos and descriptions. DH wants to know if all of them were broiled or if any were ordered steamed.  Some of them looked pretty good, others not so much!  Sorry Allen isn't doing so well, and oh no on your friend's broken arm!  I hope they will heal well after surgery.

Terri @Cruzin Terri I'm shocked at how much can go wrong so fast.  I'm glad your DH will be okay, and with medical care nearby he should be fine.  Good idea you staying in the original room and thank goodness the phone and TV are back on.  Now get out there on that beach and take a good book with you.  Don't forget the sunscreen!

Ann @Vict0riann I'm relieved to hear an earlier opening has become available for you.  Hoping things start moving along well for you and your treatment. 

Graham @grapau27 my condolences on your friend's sudden loss of his wife.  Thank you for Father David's sermon.

Brenda @bennybear good luck with the water restrictions in your locality.  I hope the repairs are faster than expected.  I like the RV idea if at all possible.  It really makes you appreciate our quality of life compared to some areas of the world.

For Paul @kochleffel, funny about disguises!  I mentioned to DH before dinner we should sit in the Ocean Bar with face masks, sunglasses and hats while we enjoyed some wine or Maker's Mark!  After dinner last night we went down to deck 2 to stop in at Captain's Collection to look at an item.  We saw said Relatives in the MDR lobby talking to a crew member.  Then they walked past the shop while we were in there.  As far as we know they didn't see us.  We are thinking we are going to have to notify them we're on board.  Surprise!  I'll let everyone know what we do when we figure it all out.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Very late responding, just glad it’s not locked.  
@ger_77 we are in YYC.  It has also impacted the towns of Airdrie, Strathmore and Chestermere But the fear is that we will run out if we don’t severely restrict as we were using more water than we have and our running at 40% less capacity.  Hopefully that will not happen.  We have saved our shower water to  flush toilets and bowls in all sinks to  catch used wash water.   It really makes you realize how much we do waste.  When we are at the RV  we use very little.  We will be okay,  just hoping the city will.   Some areas have no clean running water and they have to access emergency trucked in water.  So we are the lucky ones. 

Ironically, our minister spoke about the importance of water last Sunday.  

@RMLincoln thanks again for your wise words.  I too have learned  to set my expectations aside.  We do have so much to be thankful for.   And we can always learn new ways, 

@Cruzin TerriI am sorry for your trials,  I’m hoping things will turn around for you.  

I read a beautiful book called 1000 gifts by AnnVoskamp about finding gratitude in small things after the loss of a child.  It is a wonderful book. 

@Seasick Sailor thanks for taking one for the team for all your research😂

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1