wine or coffee or soda

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fayetheatre said:

i wonder why  when you can bring in a bottle of wine when you embark    guess not at a port  oh well 

Relative to the wine, it's pretty simple. The policy is specified as at original port of embarkation for consumption during the cruise, and it is limited to two bottles per stateroom.  If they allowed it at every port of call that would in essence defeat the two bottle on board consumption limitation by having it replenished at each port of call.  As mentioned they will confiscate and hold any alcohol brought on at any port of call to be returned to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Fayetheatre said:

Can I buy wine or canned coffee or soda at any port and bring it in   not when I embark but at other places 

My dh has bought packaged coffee beans in places like Costa Rica with no problems. 

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Relative to the wine, it's pretty simple. The policy is specified as at original port of embarkation for consumption during the cruise, and it is limited to two bottles per stateroom.

FYI - The policy has been changed to "On embarkation day, each guest of drinking age may bring one (1) sealed 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

• Like 1

We have brought back coffee from many ports with no issues.  I agree with everyone else, no wine.  Years ago we brought back soda with us, but I am not sure what the rules are now.

20 hours ago, Fayetheatre said:
20 hours ago, Fayetheatre said:

Can I buy wine or canned coffee or soda at any port and bring it in   not when I embark but at other places 

Ready-to-drink coffee beverages, I believe the OP is asking about. 

22 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Which is a bit of a first for me as I am aware of water and soda being brought on - again at initial boarding - but not canned coffee beverages.  But if soda is OK, why not?  But I am not sure how they would handle that at subsequent ports of call.  Maybe it would depend on how many.

58 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

I agree that they are talking about ready to drink coffee beverages.  They would be perfectly fine bringing 12 500 ml (17 ounce) cans on at boarding as they are a non-alcoholic beverage.  In ports, they would likely be able to bring a few on, unopened, as we have been able to bring a few cans of soda on without being questioned.

19 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

and it is limited to two bottles per stateroom.  If they allowed it at every port of call that would in essence defeat the two bottle on board consumption limitation 

Actually that's the old policy. I think it was earlier this year they changed the policy to 1 bottle of wine per adult. It used to be 2 per cabin before the policy changed.

As a solo now I can only carry on 1 bottle, not 2. If there are 3 adults in the stateroom, 3 are allowed.  Mostly it penalized solos best I can tell. 

I forget exactly when they changed the wine policy but seems like earlier this year but it's been a busy time so could be longer. I'm sure someone will tell me when the policy changed.

5 minutes ago, Fayetheatre said:

my problem is I am flying from Florida to Boston and going directly to the port so I can;t bring anything with me from Florida

If you are taking a cab or Uber/Lyft to the port you could ask them to stop somewhere along the way to pick some up.  Otherwise, unfortunately, you won't be able to bring any wine on board for the cruise, and they may limit other beverages at the ports of call.

3 minutes ago, Fayetheatre said:

my problem is I am flying from Florida to Boston and going directly to the port so I can;t bring anything with me from Florida

There are stores in the Seaport area that you could stop at to pick up soda.  There are couple of liquor stores too that sell wine.  If you are sailing on a Sunday, there are blue laws that limit when they can sell but I think it is 10 am on Sunday, though it might be noon.  You could call and ask.