Odyssey vs Celebrity Silhouette?

Posted (edited)

Which ship would you recommend for a Mediterranean cruise in September?
Odyssey itinerary : Rome- Naples-Athens- Kusadasi- Santorini- Mykonos-Chania-Rome

Silhouette: Athens-Mykonos -Santorini-Chania-Rhodes-Kusadasi-Istanbul (overnight)- Athens 

Have been of Oasis class and Edge class before but not these classes. 30s something couple without kids.

Edited by Cruiscs

2 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Yep, Odyssey.

The average passenger on Silhouette will be twice as old as you.

Really? Where a lot of families on pur Edge cruise. But that was in august 

Odyssey of the seas in basically a Solstice series ships.....which is what Silhouette is. So essentially they are similar ships. Odyssey however will have all the Royal bells and whistles. Odyssey is also more high tech and has more similar Edge like features mixed in. 

Bottom line if you want a more chill and laid back feel then Silhouette. If you want more a fun feel mixed with Edge like technology....then Odyssey.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Really? Where a lot of families on pur Edge cruise. But that was in august 

Exactly. Plus Silhouette’s an older ship, it’s a longer itinerary and Europe tends to skew older. It will not be a young crowd.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Exactly. Plus Silhouette’s an older ship, it’s a longer itinerary and Europe tends to skew older. It will not be a young crowd.

We dont mind an older crowd. Prefer that over tons of kids

Edited by Cruiscs
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

We dont mind an older crowd. Prefer that over tons of kids

I’m confused. Your other posts in the roll calls suggest you’ve already booked on Silhouette in September?

5 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

I’m confused. Your other posts in the roll calls suggest you’ve already booked on Silhouette in September?

Correct but looking at other options

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Why are you getting cold feet? What are you looking for that Silhouette can’t offer?

Thats What We want to find out☺️. We kind of missed the solarium in the front on Edge. Loved that place on Wonder

Edited by Cruiscs

3 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

Thats What We want to find out☺️. We kind of missed the solarium in the front on Edge. Loved that place on Wonder

The Solarium on Odyssey is much nicer than the Solarium on Wonder in my opinion. As for your original question, it depends on what you are looking for on the ship. Assuming you have sailed on both cruise lines, the atmosphere on Celebrity ships is significantly different than the atmosphere on RCI ships. I currently enjoy both cruise lines, but the older I get, the more Celebrity appeals to me. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

Odyssey of the seas in basically a Solstice series ships.....which is what Silhouette is. So essentially they are similar ships. Odyssey however will have all the Royal bells and whistles. Odyssey is also more high tech and has more similar Edge like features mixed in. 

Bottom line if you want a more chill and laid back feel then Silhouette. If you want more a fun feel mixed with Edge like technology....then Odyssey.

I have heard Quantum class called the bastard child of Radiance and Solstice class.  😄 

Posted (edited)

We are a retired couple and have cruised on Solstice and Quantum, sister ships to your choices. We like them both for different reasons, but having said that, if we were in our 30’s, the Odyssey  would be the strong choice for the variety of on board activities.  Neither are bad choices- ‘There is no such thing as a bad cruise’.

Enjoy, whichever to decide on.

Edited by Bxc53
Oops

11 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

I think Odyssey has the best solarium in the fleet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Silhouette has much fewer people and feels less crowded and hence is a much more quiet and upscaled ship compared to Odyssey.

I would have to debate you on that....I think Odyssey has a more upscale feel. Overall is Celebrity a more upscale experience....yes...but ship wise Odyssey is much more cutting Edge (no pun intended).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bajathree said:

Odyssey of the seas in basically a Solstice series ships.....which is what Silhouette is. So essentially they are similar ships.

I has thought this as well... until I sailed on my first S Class sailing on Silhouette this past January. RCI Q Class vs.Celebrity S Class were surprisingly night and day imo!

I found Silhouette dark in most inner public spaces, except for Horizons. It has an inner focus.

Odyssey is totally opposite... bright, fun, and with an outer focus with fabulous views everywhere.

17 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

30s something couple without kids.

10000000000000% Odyssey... hands down winner not even close