Drinks packages

Good evening

can anyone tell me this??

if I buy a cruise and add drinks package, then they have a flash sale which they gave on our cruise at the moment. Could anyone tell me would it be a better deal to buy cruise only and then maybe wait to see if they have a sale??  I’m just curious to know if it would be cheaper. Thank you. 

Generally if you want drinks and wi-fi both it is better to add All Included to the booking.  Check the price difference between cruise only and AI, convert to a daily rate then compare that to the cost of purchasing the drink package separately.  Remember to add the 20% to the per day price of the drink package when purchasing separately. 

For our upcoming cruise the Classic drink package has 20% off and is $68 pp pd so $81.66 per day with gratuity if purchased in the Cruise planner.  The cost difference per day on that cruise is $70 per day more for AI then cruise only.
So for that sailing $70 would get you the drink package and Wi-Fi, cruise only adding the drink package would cost more and that’s with no Wi-Fi.

• Thanks 1

You can buy the package now. If there is a flash sale, you can buy at the lower price. Then you cancel your original purchase and Celebrity will refund your original price. Check for a flash sale around July 4th. Happy Cruising!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

You can buy the package now. If there is a flash sale, you can buy at the lower price. Then you cancel your original purchase and Celebrity will refund your original price. Check for a flash sale around July 4th. Happy Cruising!

If I’m understand the OP correctly, they are talking about adding via an All Included package.  In which case, I am almost certain you can’t cancel part of that.  You can certainly upgrade from classic to premium and cancel that portion if a better deal comes along.

• Like 2

To cover all bases, if you booked a cruise using Always fares, which includes the basic wifi and classic beverage package, you cannot drop those from the booking to get to a Standard fare.  Its one fare base or the other, and the one you book with is the one you have to keep.  You can upgrade both packages with Always, and those upcharges can be reissued if they change favorably later.

To change from an Always fare to at Standard fare, you have to cancel your booking (incurring any penalty that may exist) and rebook at the then prevailing Standard fares.  To that you can then add the packages separately.  You can then drop and add them if prices change favorably up until 2 days prior to sailing. 

But if you booked with Always, you can only reprice that if the base fares drop, and then would do so with any penalty that may be incurred based on whether you booked with a refundable or non-refundable deposit.

Posted (edited)

The cost differential between the "All In" and "Cruise Only" options on our upcoming 2025 transatlantic voyage was $4800, or about $1200pp. This is for two adults and two teens; neither of us adults drink, so the "Classic" drinks package really isn't attractive at all. Celebrity quoted me a price of about $1000pp for the "Zero Proof" package and the "Premium" wifi for all four. That's not a huge savings, but still cheaper than the "All In" and with an internet upgrade, as well. It is, as they used to write, truly a situation of YMMV.

Edited by David_S29
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Tercar1973 said:

Good evening

if I buy a cruise and add drinks package, then they have a flash sale which they gave on our cruise at the moment. Could anyone tell me would it be a better deal to buy cruise only and then maybe wait to see if they have a sale??  I’m just curious to know if it would be cheaper. Thank you. 

If the package is already included in your cruise fare, you cannot, for example if in Retreat.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Tercar1973 said:

Good evening

I just booked a 4 night cruise. It was $50 a day pp for the classic drink package and wifi by upgrading during the booking process. The price after booking was $72 a day with a discount for the drink package and an additional $30 a day with a discount for the wifi package.  My general rule is that I won't pay more than $50 a day just for a drink package. If it includes gratuity and wifi I'm willing to pay more. $50 a day for drinks at cruise ship prices is a good deal even if I'm just drinking soft drinks. add 2 or 3 cocktails during the day and I'm even.

Edited by Iamcruzin
update

I'm sure I booked the all inclusive package when I booked... Where should I find that that  is the case on my invoice or in the Manage trip portion of the website.  This is my first Celebrity booking.

34 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm sure I booked the all inclusive package when I booked... Where should I find that that  is the case on my invoice or in the Manage trip portion of the website.  This is my first Celebrity booking.

Are you in a suite in Retreat?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Sign into your account on the Celebrity Cruises Web site.

In the upper right hand corner, click on your initials 

Click on Upcoming Cruises  and on the page that shows your cruise

image.png.0500bfa674b1dece1f0bb8e5e3ae7511.png

click on Plan my Cruise

image.png.402e6ed4768d492ab6659e1761f7e2a1.png

Click on your initials again in the upper right hand corner 

image.png.f932349c5bb973008c285bd2f4de0fa1.png

Click on Order History 

image.thumb.png.354237fda3a45f87245bb54e54e60fd3.png

And if your have included Drink and Wifi you should see a $0.00 purchase. 

image.png

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sign into your account on the Celebrity Cruises Web site.

In the upper right hand corner, click on your initials 

Click on Upcoming Cruises  and on the page that shows your cruise

image.png.0500bfa674b1dece1f0bb8e5e3ae7511.png

click on Plan my Cruise

image.png.402e6ed4768d492ab6659e1761f7e2a1.png

Click on your initials again in the upper right hand corner 

image.png.f932349c5bb973008c285bd2f4de0fa1.png

Click on Order History 

image.thumb.png.354237fda3a45f87245bb54e54e60fd3.png

And if your have included Drink and Wifi you should see a $0.00 purchase. 

image.png

Perfect... Thank you very much.  Now I can see that it is in fact included. Mine included the Classic Drinks Package and Basic Wifi...  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I just booked a 4 night cruise. It was $50 a day pp for the classic drink package and wifi by upgrading during the booking process. The price after booking was $72 a day with a discount for the drink package and an additional $30 a day with a discount for the wifi package.  My general rule is that I won't pay more than $50 a day just for a drink package. If it includes gratuity and wifi I'm willing to pay more. $50 a day for drinks at cruise ship prices is a good deal even if I'm just drinking soft drinks. add 2 or 3 cocktails during the day and I'm even.

On uk website it gives you basic price and all inclusive price. Looking at one yesterday the all inclusive price for a 9 night cruise was well over £1000. So that’s really expensive, hence why I was wondering if I just booked basic and then waited to see what  drinks prices were doing later??  I get 240 minutes free WiFi anyhow which is enough for me on the ship. Some prices are nearly the price of the cruise in the uk.  

2 hours ago, Tercar1973 said:

On uk website it gives you basic price and all inclusive price. Looking at one yesterday the all inclusive price for a 9 night cruise was well over £1000. So that’s really expensive, hence why I was wondering if I just booked basic and then waited to see what  drinks prices were doing later??  I get 240 minutes free WiFi anyhow which is enough for me on the ship. Some prices are nearly the price of the cruise in the uk.  

This happened to me on a 4 night with two stops.  We have decided to test it and see what we spend.  We will bring wine on board plus soda for our teen and buy drinks as we want them.  It’ll be interesting to see what it costs but I just couldn’t do it.  

12 hours ago, Tercar1973 said:

I’ve booked cruise only a couple of times, then added on premium drinks and wifi when on sale. Total price has been less or about the same as the all included price. I’m in UK also. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Tercar1973 said:

Subtract the difference between the basic price and the all inclusive price.  Divide the difference by 9 and that gives you the daily price of the added package per day per person. Find your Roll call and ask someone on your sailing what the UK price is for the daily drink package. Then you will be able to make an informed decision. I couldn't see the daily drink package price until after I booked. I just knew what I was willing to spend just on drinks. The wifi was an added bonus. There is no rhyme or reason on how they discount these packages. Sometimes its cheaper on board than it is to prepay online. If you are on a port intensive itinerary you will be off the ship more than you will be on and that has to factor in to your decision as well. We live in Florida and we are sailing to Key West and Bimini. Nothing exciting that we don't already have at home so we will not be spending much time in port even though we have never been to either destination.  The Caribbean was a bigger deal when we were living in New York.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On 6/16/2024 at 11:49 PM, David_S29 said:

The cost differential between the "All In" and "Cruise Only" options on our upcoming 2025 transatlantic voyage was $4800, or about $1200pp. This is for two adults and two teens; neither of us adults drink, so the "Classic" drinks package really isn't attractive at all. Celebrity quoted me a price of about $1000pp for the "Zero Proof" package and the "Premium" wifi for all four. That's not a huge savings, but still cheaper than the "All In" and with an internet upgrade, as well. It is, as they used to write, truly a situation of YMMV.

sounds if it might  be cheaper to "pay as you go" on the ship especially if any of you are Elite or above as that would at least give you some free WIFI, drinks from 5 to 7 including sodas/water.

• Like 1