Dining reservations

negn

Shouldnt there, at least, be a question on whether you want traditional or anytime? Or are they going to allow pick and choose by day, which would, in essence, mean no real changes.

You should be able to pick Traditional or anytime without final payment

Edited by FLAlaska
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Would it be possible for you to please post a screen shot of what "new" entry you are seeing associated with Early Fixed Seating option?

What I was saying is that it now shows Reserve Dining (old Club Class) and before it didn’t say anything. I don’t have early traditional. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dog said:

For the SUN, months ago, I had the option of time, date, choice of various restaurants.  Never mentioned anything else. The dining room choices give description.

#metoo - both specialty reservations and one night mdr still there now.  just have to work out the prepayment of the 2 comped SD

14 minutes ago, voljeep said:

#metoo - both specialty reservations and one night mdr still there now.  just have to work out the prepayment of the 2 comped SD

If it's like using OBC for SD, you might need to be on board to book that.

1 hour ago, OceanoPair said:

Still not working. Have deleted and reinstalled app also. Guess it's best to just wait for an email from Princess. No hurry. Just very interested to see what it looks like and how well it will work. For the most part the app has been an awesome experience. 

My guess is that they either have the system up by the end of today or tomorrow we all get an email with another 2 week push out.

2 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

My guess is that they either have the system up by the end of today or tomorrow we all get an email with another 2 week push out.

They never fail to amaze me. If, when I worked, we had missed a deadline and then were in danger of missing a second, we would have worked (literally) around the clock to get it done on time. Did they all leave work on Friday thinking, oh well, we’ll finish it on Monday and have it ready late Monday afternoon, or did they work all weekend and this really is far more complicated than it would appear to be?

I am waiting right now to book tickets for a small performance that go on sale in nine minutes. And even though it’s a once a year performance, I know that it’s going to work exactly as it was announced it would. Because that’s what companies do, even small theater companies. Why does Princess struggle so much?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

They never fail to amaze me. If, when I worked, we had missed a deadline and then were in danger of missing a second, we would have worked (literally) around the clock to get it done on time. Did they all leave work on Friday thinking, oh well, we’ll finish it on Monday and have it ready late Monday afternoon, or did they work all weekend and this really is far more complicated than it would appear to be?

I am waiting right now to book tickets for a small performance that go on sale in nine minutes. And even though it’s a once a year performance, I know that it’s going to work exactly as it was announced it would. Because that’s what companies do, even small theater companies. Why does Princess struggle so much?

Maybe in their minds, they just have to have this working by Sept. 14?

2 hours ago, CJMini said:

Am I correct that you must be paid in full before you can arrange your dining?  We sail in December and would like to select Traditional Dining with the early seating.

No your do not have to be paid in full. We are paid in full and can't access any main dining times. Just specialty dining it will let you. 

Just now, coops said:

Book what? Main dining with times. I could only do specialty dining times. 

Yes main dining. The first option in the deck 5 dining room was traditional. Went to deck 6 midship and was basically able to select what I wanted in increments of 20 minutes. Either private or shared. Then asked if I wanted to sleep for duration of vouage

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrgame101 said:

Yes main dining. The first option in the deck 5 dining room was traditional. Went to deck 6 midship and was basically able to select what I wanted in increments of 20 minutes. Either private or shared. Then asked if I wanted to sleep for duration of vouage

So strange as it won't let me book it and our cruise is in Oct. Glad you got to do yours. Hopefully they will have it fixed soon.

7 minutes ago, mrgame101 said:

Can you remember what times traditional dining were?

2 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

I still show no reservation times on my Island Princess cruise for November. Maybe doing it by ship?

They might be. In that case, I'll be really curious to see somebody who's able to book on the Ruby.

I’ve given up on the “App”, useless to a guest.  The app shows me a Platinum and I’m an Elite.  I tried to contact Princess three times since May, tried virtually every day to book dinner reservations, until my wife told me the July 1 date (but I continued… I don’t trust software folks).  And the many other issues of the app like an ! On our mediation order we purchased the mail option and ordered the blasted things the same day we booked the trip.

again in the call I made, they told me not to worry!?!

what’s going on princess?