Dining reservations

negn

2 hours ago, Z0nker said:

Here's the link for the web version of the Medallion App. When you get there, click "Try our web version"

https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/oceanready

image.png.ab3ec99f3ad212646683dfa6e37202bb.png

Thanks.  I was able to make our reservations through the web version.  My question is now that I've made the reservation is there a place I can look to see and print out a list of what we booked. I can't seem to find it anywhere in our information.

8 minutes ago, SuziCruises said:

I just tried to book under the web version and it's won't let me add guests from another reservation.   When I type in their booking #, it's just blank.  Interestingly, when I typed in the wrong number, it said "no booking found".   

I’m seeing that too. 

40 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Trying to ask Princess chat agent why both my upcoming cruises on Ruby only offer traditional dining. Seems like I’m not the only one requesting assistance?IMG_8209.thumb.jpeg.001deb59300ec82082e3cf3163eece49.jpeg

Went through this earlier today. Started at 97 people and after 40 minutes of bot demands that I type "yes" to confirm I was still waiting, the "people ahead of you" message disappeared and I sat there in a chat with myself for another 20 minutes before being disconnected. 🤡

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, farjar said:

Thanks.  I was able to make our reservations through the web version.  My question is now that I've made the reservation is there a place I can look to see and print out a list of what we booked. I can't seem to find it anywhere in our information.

If you have the mobile version of the app you can go to Reserve Dining. Look for a calendar icon with a red heart in the upper right. Clicking that will show you your reservations. If that feature is working. 
IMG_8211.thumb.jpeg.003d5cb74292f7cb80da9cab8017846d.jpeg

Edited by Z0nker
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, SuziCruises said:

I just tried to book under the web version and it's won't let me add guests from another reservation.   When I type in their booking #, it's just blank.  Interestingly, when I typed in the wrong number, it said "no booking found".   

Did you try on the app?

4 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I was able to make our reservations, and it all looks right.

So far!   Hopefully they won't 'get lost'.

I do have one question, though.

DH had made a specialty restaurant reservation, and we want to move it up a bit earlier.

The EDIT seems to be working, but it also shows the charges and credit card info.

I am wondering if it might not be working well, and charge the card again.

Anybody edited a specialty that has a paid upcharge?

we booked three different times! The two reservations that were incorrect show that they are pending to be credited back. The third one we made is a charge.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Our TA is awesome! The only Princess cruise we have booked where we are not dining in the Reserve Collection dining area is on the Aug 2026 Solar Eclipse cruise on the Sky where we have a family cruise booked for 10 guests in 4 cabins. 

Since booking the early fixed seating option wasn’t available yet for that cruise, our TA was able to individually reserve a private table in the Soleil MDR for 10 at 5:30 pm each night on our 14 day cruise. Yay!! 

BTW some of the 10 have never cruised with Princess. So the issue where only Platinum/Elite guests can make a reservation prior to paying for the cruise wasn’t a factor.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We have an outside TA that was able to contact a Princess agent that helped him make the dining reservations. 

As it turns out, we could have made the same "individual time" reservations for our group of 10, especially since our TA had already linked our 4 bookings together. But that realization came AFTER our TA and the Princess agent did it for us. Hindsight once again is 20-20! 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, farjar said:

If the booking went through (and it might not have, I had to retry three or four times for some dates), you can see it both in the web version of the app under "Dine My way" and in the regular app under "My Journey". 

Hi everyone-

Just need some clarification here.

If booked in a suite and have Reserve Class dining there is no need to 'reserve' a time is that correct?  We're booked on the Majestic in November and one of the dining rooms (Concerto) indicates no available time slots for the entire cruise.  So I assume Reserve class is in that dining room?

Note, there is nowhere in the app that indicates that we are Reserve Class nor is Reserve Class even mentioned anywhere.

Also, I could reserve a time in the other dining rooms if I chose to do so as there are available times in the other 2 locations?

Thanks, Walt

6 minutes ago, SDWalt said:

Hi everyone-

If booked in a suite and have Reserve Class dining there is no need to 'reserve' a time is that correct?  We're booked on the Majestic in November and one of the dining rooms (Concerto) indicates no available time slots for the entire cruise.  So I assume Reserve class is in that dining room?

Note, there is nowhere in the app that indicates that we are Reserve Class nor is Reserve Class even mentioned anywhere.

Also, I could reserve a time in the other dining rooms if I chose to do so as there are available times in the other 2 locations?

Thanks, Walt

If you're booked in a suite, you get to dine in the Reserve Collection dining area, and DO NOT have to make any advanced reservations.

image.png.8954633b088784dac9b4aec837477b86.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SDWalt said:

Hi everyone-

Thanks, Walt

@SDWalt  if you have reserve dining this is what will show when you click on “book dining”.

IMG_1357.png

I don’t know what is happening on other ships, but we got on Regal today and 10 minutes into dinner our waiter asked us if we wanted our table reserved for the rest of the cruise. Same thing for the people next to us. While we have requested the same table in the past, we’ve never had a waiter approach us about it. Something else new??

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@SDWalt  if you have reserve dining this is what will show when you click on “book dining”.

IMG_1357.png

Interesting...

None of my 3 upcoming cruises where we're booked in a suite have this on the dining reservation area.  Are you Android or Iphone?  Maybe I need to delete and reinstall the app?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

IMG_1357.png

Sorry but this information doesn’t apply to our Coral cruise. We are sailing on 15th September, fully paid, elite and suite.  Reserve as per your screen shot does not appear on the reserve dining. What a mess again!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I don’t know what is happening on other ships, but we got on Regal today and 10 minutes into dinner our waiter asked us if we wanted our table reserved for the rest of the cruise. Same thing for the people next to us. While we have requested the same table in the past, we’ve never had a waiter approach us about it. Something else new??

I think the waiters are so used to people/passengers asking if they can just stay at their current table because the dining system hasn’t been what people have wanted. So if you like your waiters & your table, most passengers lately have been just asking to stay put. If you don’t, then you just go to another dining room as a walk-in or per your reservations that you’ve already made if you had.Or to specialty, etc.. 

I don’t think it’s a new thing per se for the waiters to ask . Happy cruising.

57 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

9 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I think the waiters are so used to people/passengers asking if they can just stay at their current table because the dining system hasn’t been what people have wanted. So if you like your waiters & your table, most passengers lately have been just asking to stay put. If you don’t, then you just go to another dining room as a walk-in or per your reservations that you’ve already made if you had.Or to specialty, etc.. 

I don’t think it’s a new thing per se for the waiters to ask . Happy cruising.

Let's see - you're a nice person/couple not giving the waiter any grief ...

the waiter wants you to come back every night to his/her table

last night, you tip the waiter you have had for 4-7-10 nights or so

not just some random set of waiters each night

or do you tip after every night in the mdr?  or not at all above the CA?  after all ...

HI Everyone, we are booked on the Sun Princess in a Sanctuary S9 suite on the October 19th sailing.  I do not need to make reservations for the Signature restaurant correct? But I do if I want to have a meal in the main dining room? Our friends are sailing with us in a balcony cabin so we are planning to have a meal or two with them in the main dining room.   I was able to book our 2 specialty restaurants with no issue, only irritation was that the Crown Gill had no early time available, only 9pm.  So far the app has been good to me.  First time sailing with Princess in years so I'm very much looking forward to this trip!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

We've been asked this since anytime dining started with the exception of the Discovery inaugural, if we wanted our table for the duration of the cruise. Maybe 9 cruises?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuziCruises said:

Yesterday our cruise friends were able to book the 4 of us together at the same time (1840) for all 26 nights using the app…it is possible to do it however it can take several times of refreshing the dining option to accomplish it.