Reflection LIVE 6/21-7/1/24: A Perfect Day for a Suite Girlfriends Getaway

2 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I have concerns about the bar stools…I feel that one should have ample coverage of more personal areas if one wants to sit on a bar stool.  At a pool bar, with a towel, is okay but the martini bar?  Ewwwww…

Don’t be concerned.  Bring a pool towel or hand towel from your stateroom along with you.  Not very evening chic, but would temper your sanitary concerns.  This is a requirement on clothing-optional chartered cruises.  
By the way Celebrity ships are usually generously staffed with cleaners and are extremely well-maintained.  The stools are upholstered in a wipeable vinyl.  
Great Sunday morning conversation!🤓

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Don’t be concerned.  Bring a pool towel or hand towel from your stateroom along with you.  Not very evening chic, but would temper your sanitary concerns.  This is a requirement on clothing-optional chartered cruises.  
By the way Celebrity ships are usually generously staffed with cleaners and are extremely well-maintained.  The stools are upholstered in a wipeable vinyl.  
Great Sunday morning conversation!🤓

I’m a teacher…25+ years has taught me never to just sit.  😂

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, hcat said:

I now have my  earplugs.. you can still hear but subdues the noise!

I wear by Beats noise cancelling ear buds. I originally bought them for listening to music/movies on flights but they work well in loud music environments as well. 

• Like 1

It looks like it’s going to be a busy day in Nassau with us docked next to 2 carnival ships and Freedom of the Seas.

After breakfast in a very busy Luminae to revive myself from one last late night in the sky lounge, I had to do some work this morning in Al Bacio and am now relaxing on a grey and slightly rainy pool deck with a ketel one spritz.

While I’m chilling, let’s go back in time to coco cay.

I thought I would be comparing coco cay to the only other ship’s private island I’ve experienced, MSC’s Ocean Cay.  But there really is no comparison.  It would be like  comparing the Summit to Icon of the Seas.

Whereas Ocean Cay is basically just a nice beach, Coco Cay is what seems to be the Royal Caribbean standard these days: Everything. Everywhere. All at once.

If GenZ ever gets to set foot on that island she will loose her little mind.

I spent some time just riding around on the tram taking it all in and I lost track of how many beaches, bars and restaurants we passed.  At one point, just passed the thrill slide water park (as two kids zoomed by over my head on a zip line), a couple got on the tram and said “we’re looking for the buffet” and our tram driver said “which one?”.

I spent my day at Coco Beach Club.  This area comes with about a $160 upcharge.  The cost includes a sit down lunch but drinks are an extra charge if you don’t have a beverage package on the ship.  The club isn’t adults only but I presume because of the price point and chill atmosphere there were very few kids.

There’s a tram stop right outside the club but it’s also only a shady, sandy 10 minute walk from the ship.  There’s really good signage to lead you there.

For the morning there’s a station with tea and coffee and pastries.

When you check into the club, there’s a desk to make your reservation for your desired lunch time. Because I was in Retreat, Sadie the maitre d at Luminae was able to make my lunch reservations a day in advance so that I had my pick of time (between 11am and 2pm).  I overheard people who got to the club later in the morning be told when they went to make reservations that only 1pm and later was still available.

I’d received a tip to try and get an earlier lunch reservation time (I requested 11:30) and I was really glad I did.  The later in the day it gets, the open air restaurant gets hotter, the flies get worse and it gets more crowded leading to longer food and service wait times. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes but heard it was taking much longer later on.  

If you’re a lobster person, I think going early also gets you the better quality pick of the lobsters that are stocked for the day.  I’d read reviews saying that the lobster there was tough/dry or overcooked, but mine came out perfect.

The filet mignon in the surf and turf (an off menu offering) wasn’t the best I’ve ever had but it wasn’t bad when dipped the chimichurri sauce that came with it.

For appetizers they bring you out 2 bento boxes with ceviche, shrimp cocktail, hummus, tzatziki and Baba ghanoush.

I briefly considered skipping dessert, but then I saw the Caribbean rum cake go by.  It was ALMOST as good as my grandmothers recipe.

When I wasn’t stuffing my face, the club had both beach and pool area seating that was first come first serve. Since we weren’t in port with one of the mega royal ships, open chairs abounded.

I got to the club about 9:30 and the tide was still out (with its signature low tide smell) so I picked a lounger area back up by the pool.  

By noon, the tide had come in, but there was a purple flag (marine predator warning) and I’d seen enough news stories about shark attacks in the Bahamas that I was good to pretty much stick with the pool.  The ocean seemed very shallow though. Maybe waist deep on me max most of the way out.

I brought my snorkel gear just in case but it didn’t seem like there was much to see (plus, again, the sharks) so I didn’t venture out.

The pool water was clean (actually way clearer than the water in the pool on the ship) and a great temperature.  Speaking of clean, the bathrooms in the club were air-conditioned and spotless and remained so throughout the day (something I appreciate extra when heat, sand and water so often combine to make an unpleasant bathroom environment) thanks to a dedicated cleaning attendant.  I actually saw the attendant stop a lady who was going to walk herself into the bathroom right out of the pool, barefoot (ew) and dripping wet head to toe, and tell her that she would need to wait a moment and got her a towel and made her dry off a little so that she wouldn’t make the place all wet and slippery.

There was easy listening and Caribbean music playing throughout the day, but at a nice low volume.

I was assigned a specific pool waiter for the day, Marcos, who was so good I wanted to take him back on the ship with me.  He took down my ship, room number and beverage package info from my seapass and then kept me well stocked in cold bottle water, Bahamas mamas and coco cuvées (a signature cocktail in the beach club). So well stocked in fact that by 2pm I figured I better get myself a tram back to the ship while I was still capable of standing.

On my tram ride around, I bumped into a couple who were also in ensemble lounge the night before for the whole sunburned drunks scene.  They told me that they had just left one of the free pool areas that had a swim up bar where one of the SAME GUYS got so drunk that he got sick at the swim up bar and the entire pool had to be cleared out and closed due to biohazard.  We should have just turned around and dumped those guys back at port Everglades while we had the chance.

Overall I think the beach club was worth the price to have a quiet place with dedicated drink service (and no party drunks) and I’d probably do it again if I’m on a cruise that stops at coco cay.

Pics overload below!

I’m going to have to deal with a few more work bubbles today as they pop up since I’ll be traveling Monday (boo!) so I’m staying onboard today (hey, the cruises and Louis don’t pay for themselves).  I had butler Joshua make me a lunch reservation at the porch so I can have those chicken wings one more time.

Tonight for my last dinner onboard I’ll be back in Tuscan Grille with some CC buddies.

Soon to come: a report on last night’s chic night life.

IMG_9204.thumb.jpeg.6efc5594a0d61d323decb589161d8350.jpeg

IMG_9203.thumb.jpeg.59e949a7dd99fdb4b0730febf4fa213c.jpeg

IMG_9173.thumb.jpeg.eabf2d46f1e4ae6f12ff02fbc3307c16.jpeg

IMG_9176.thumb.jpeg.4c6c17375c4d9193f0ee68a519a9cf5b.jpeg

IMG_9177.thumb.jpeg.9c53c1501b02e7ac826aa9e70624088c.jpeg

IMG_9174.thumb.jpeg.7b3a1e101a6137a827ca6091e6118e05.jpeg

IMG_9172.thumb.jpeg.32768ce48cf0ecb53653a398b9cadfad.jpeg

IMG_9171.thumb.jpeg.1c4eee9da244d8fd482eb4cde3907dac.jpeg

IMG_9161.thumb.jpeg.3e1fe7edf5906a87681b959c33f42bde.jpeg

IMG_9175.thumb.jpeg.4ab6d85d8ba1b9fb5c538caf6c07cca7.jpeg

IMG_9163.thumb.jpeg.2ca646c2669bc04a124ab90c7b4c78d2.jpeg

IMG_9169.thumb.jpeg.cf8738a3ff147c67ebccbcfd2ed54faa.jpeg

IMG_9170.thumb.jpeg.d138e6e7aa92852eb17b71fd6e712194.jpeg

IMG_9162.thumb.jpeg.40cf7ed7d5ee84de641de135c9a85aac.jpeg

IMG_9156.thumb.jpeg.4c1a0bc402e25d75dc1fc56a4b8d266b.jpeg

IMG_9155.thumb.jpeg.120096f49cb93e72b30c0af6c8f71de4.jpeg

IMG_9154.thumb.jpeg.11b47fb62ae80e30700fa4a70ff9d2e0.jpeg

IMG_9152.thumb.jpeg.807c3b6c17567874bad471da8b8baf24.jpeg

IMG_9150.thumb.jpeg.0e685aad39341cea4ef4f278c8dfbf28.jpeg

IMG_9179.thumb.jpeg.ff56ddad7dd78b476efe199db58ee312.jpeg

IMG_9160.jpeg

• Like 16

11 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Charla, An example of Silhouette Atrium-club action reserved for 3-4 night weekend getaways….

IMG_3626.thumb.jpeg.d517de7c3b90e3c2bdf129766f0c3052.jpeg

Ok, that is NOT me in the red dress. I am behind her on the right with my black sleeved arm in the air.

And sign me up for one of those crotched bikinis, would ya?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GenerationX said:

When you check into the club, there’s a desk to make your reservation for your desired lunch time. Because I was in Retreat, Sadie the maitre d at Luminae was able to make my lunch reservations a day in advance so that I had my pick of time (between 11am and 2pm).  I overheard people who got to the club later in the morning be told when they went to make reservations that only 1pm and later was still available.

How did the lunch there compare with the lunch at the YC restaurant at Ocean Cay?  
Trying to determine if it is worth the upcharge.  

I like that the Retreat area at Labadee is included and has no upcharge.  Even suite guest on Royal Caribbean have to pay for access to the Beach Club.  

Can anyone guess what the one thing is that could possibly make me feel better when I’m getting kicked off a cruise ship tomorrow?  

If you guessed “carrying a brand new handbag to dinner?” You are correct my friend.  

More catch up reporting to come later tonight while I enjoy my last bubble bath for a while in a tub that I don’t have to clean myself.

IMG_9212.thumb.jpeg.ea845610e50eb7a412441bab823fe1c4.jpeg

IMG_9214.thumb.jpeg.2b2b4816457ec10f2964915576bb5242.jpeg

• Like 21

looking good!  Hope you enjoyed your triple play adventure!  Safe travels home!

As to the outdoor restaurant at the beach club....

".......... The later in the day it gets, the open air restaurant gets hotter, the flies get worse and it gets more crowded....'"   

We will pass on the flies.. prefer AC for dining. The All inclusive Sandals that we like has an island  eatery...very natural setting,  A/C  and NO FLIES!  And an awesome outdoor spa!  No kiddies!

Thoroughly enjoyed tagging along on yet another of your cruise adventures. And did I read correctly that you and my fav @Stem to Stern will be on a cruise together in the future?  Have to say I’m a bit jelly of that and your new LV bag. How ever will I cope?!  Serious question…😊. Safe travels home and back into reality. 

On another note, I’m  sure you missed my question earlier regarding the status of the a/c in the signature suite. (I will be in the same suite in 29 days) Though now a memory, if you can recall if it got chill enough for sleeping, a quick report is most appreciated. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

Ugh, it seems Fort Lauderdale weather is matching my mood this morning.  Today the view from my last breakfast in Luminae is clouds and rain.

I ended my night last night in my favorite cruise way:  on a starry night with a big glass of Decoy on my veranda enjoying the peace of the ocean.  I could see lots of storm clouds in the distance. The Windward Islands, home to some of my favorite crew members from this cruise (including the fabulous Sergia from St. Lucia), are expected to take a hit from a powerful hurricane this morning. I can’t imagine how hard it must be to have to keep serving drinks with a smile on your face while worried your family is in danger and there’s nothing you can do about it.

I’ll be praying along with them for their homes and families today.

As I’m enjoying my peach cobbler French toast, taking you back in time to chic night on night 2.

I’m pleased to report that when I stepped out of my stateroom, the vibe of the ship was back to a more familiar Celebrity mood.  I think the go hard folks had gotten the TGIF out of their systems and the hardest partiers were still recovering from coco cay.

Upbeat but classy live music had replaced the foam party soundtrack in the grand foyer and with the exception of a few t-shirt and shorts wearers (who I presume were having their dinner at the buffet), everyone looked wonderful.  

I saw a group of Indian ladies wearing the most stunning saree’s and gold accessories!India is on my travel bucket list and I think it may be even more dangerous for my shopping budget than Italy was.  Speaking of Italy, I also caught some glimpses of this summer’s latest Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana collections being rocked (I guess a side effect of having a LOT of Miami residents onboard).

The one that really got me was seeing a mom and her daughter of about 7 or 8 go by  hand in hand in matching mommy and me dresses.  It was instant heartache missing my  Mini Me, but it also got me excited to be so close to final countdown for our own annual mother daughter cruise!

For dinner, at about 8:15, Luminae was slammed.  When I walked in, Sadie greeted me warmly and asked if I’d mind waiting about 10-15 minutes for a table so she could put me by a window and I could have my usual server Vishal.  I don’t think I actually ended up having to wait more than 5 minutes.

For the most part the food was excellent.  The poached lobster appetizer was so good I told Vishal I could eat it as a main course.  He brought me a second appetizer portion in addition to my mains.  I even heard the couple at the next table who were from Maine commenting on how good it was.  Idon’t think lobster can get a better review than a thumbs up from the Mainahs.

For my main I had both the lamb loin and the potato mezzaluna pasta.  The pasta was disappointing, the pork was dry and there was way too much thick sauce, but it was more than made up for by the fantastic lamb!

For dessert, after being delivered the little plate of extra sweets that is Gen Z’s favorite part of luminae chic night, I had the mascarpone cheesecake balls.  But by that time I was so full of lamb and lobster I could only manage a few bites (first world problems).

After dinner, I headed up to the pool deck for another Luigi pool deck party and once again it did not disappoint.  The party stayed live all the way until the lights came up in the sky lounge at 2am.

Well, I guess I’ll rip the bandaid off and head to Michael’s Club to disembark.  While I’m hanging out at the airport I’ll fill you all in on my day yesterday and then final thoughts and future cruise plans.

IMG_9222.thumb.jpeg.7b615dd3c15df235f9e252133552b5b0.jpeg

IMG_9182.thumb.jpeg.be7919a700f4d3d1e0e059ce4f198ef0.jpeg

IMG_9183.thumb.jpeg.6bb311aac878d955fddf2550341ce44f.jpeg

IMG_9184.thumb.jpeg.4afea6f11f4e4930123409ded9d473c9.jpeg

IMG_9186.thumb.jpeg.35e7627c10ac1b29d844cd2f5028430e.jpeg

IMG_9187.thumb.jpeg.03438e7b1276b72e51fd8fb4f850ed75.jpeg

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thoroughly enjoyed tagging along on yet another of your cruise adventures. And did I read correctly that you and my fav @Stem to Stern will be on a cruise together in the future?  Have to say I’m a bit jelly of that and your new LV bag. How ever will I cope?!  Serious question…😊. Safe travels home and back into reality. 

On another note, I’m  sure you missed my question earlier regarding the status of the a/c in the signature suite. (I will be in the same suite in 29 days) Though now a memory, if you can recall if it got chill enough for sleeping, a quick report is most appreciated. 

Yes! 4/4/26 @Stem to Stern and @mac_tlc and I are all doing the ABC Islands on Silhouette!  Prices for aqua class still aren’t too bad if you care to join us!

Sorry I missed your question earlier.  Yes I found the A/C to be sufficient with one exception.  I can’t remember if it was in Key West or Bimini, but when we were docked, the ship was positioned in a way where in the afternoon, the signature suites were being hit dead on by full direct sun for several hours and it made the cabin hot even with AC maxed out (btw there were two separate thermostats one for the living area and one for the bedroom and I kept them both on max).

Once we got out on the ocean moving again though, things seemed to cool down pretty quickly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing this! I am solo (for the first time) on Reflection in December, which I’m kind of wondering how that’s going to go. Detailing your experience here certainly makes me feel more excited than apprehensive.

I’ve been doing an annual father/son cruise, he will be a high school junior this year. I guess I get two more. Have fun with your daughter!

Edited by ch175
  • Like 2

I’m SO sorry Charla🫣😵‍💫🤪😅 Very very late to the party🥳 

Have a sea day on INF, so I had time to catch up😂🌟😎🇬🇷💙

That handbag 👜 looks amazing on you🤩💙🤩

And your wine selection is fantastic😋🥂 

Safe travels home🥰 can’t wait until the next sailing ️ 

1 hour ago, GenerationX said:

Yes! 4/4/26 @Stem to Stern and @mac_tlc and I are all doing the ABC Islands on Silhouette!  Prices for aqua class still aren’t too bad if you care to join us!

We just made the decision to cancel our October 2024 Med cruise on Equinox and are looking for a place to put the balance already paid. But not asking for sympathy, as DD would say - first world problems - decided to move closer to our new grandson and will be closing on a new home that week.

This is very tempting.... several of my fave CC friends all in one place... and we have not yet made it to the ABCs.... hmmmm... something to discuss with @Tiki_Man over lunch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

decided to move closer to our new grandson and will be closing on a new home that week.

This is very tempting.... several of my fave CC friends all in one place... and we have not yet made it to the ABCs.... hmmmm... something to discuss with @Tiki_Man over lunch. 

Congrats on your new grandson and on the new home!😁

We love the ABC’s!!!

Today there is also a nice deal in Aqua on the 7/26/2025 Reflection 6-night for your consideration.😇
Look forward to sailing with one of (you) our fave CC friends again. 
Safe travels, Charla!!✈️

1 hour ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

We just made the decision to cancel our October 2024 Med cruise on Equinox and are looking for a place to put the balance already paid. But not asking for sympathy, as DD would say - first world problems - decided to move closer to our new grandson and will be closing on a new home that week.

Well hell…I love the idea of this itinerary on a ship that I love with new friends.  I see bunches of SV availability…but then I checked the date for Easter that year and it’s 4/5.  I make it a point to be home for holidays…hopefully I can make the next cruise when you guys are together 🤞🏻.  
Susan 

• Like 1

@GenerationX Well, I clearly walked right past your TR every day...I blame it on my crummy sleep recently!!

Thanks again for the great TR (not as fun as sailing with you tho!)

Interesting with the short cruise vibe. BFF & I did a 4 day 80s cruise on Princess. Not over the top.

But our 5 day Celebrity spring break cruise--eh, I think we are OVER Spring Break & short cruises!

(even had a comped 4 day Virgin cruise this month but air was stupid expensive & still had to pay for drinks...meh, we decided expensive air not worth it for 4 days, even comped)

3+4+3 in different rooms--AMBITIOUS.

We moved rooms in the middle of our 28 day cruise in April & afterwards I was thinking it was not worth the extra $100 of shareholders OBC we got!!! (and had to move again...tho our next room was the best, so I GUeSS it was worth it!)

Looks like you had a great time with friends & solo (as you always do). 

Love the bag!!

Looking forward to your GenX/GenZ TR!

5 hours ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Sorry about the October 2024 Med cruise but lets make some lemonade outta those lemons!!!! 

mac_tlc

P.S. Congrats on the new home and the grandkids. They are the best!

Edited by mac_tlc

2 hours ago, KKB said:

@GenerationX Well, I clearly walked right past your TR every day...I blame it on my crummy sleep recently!!

Thanks again for the great TR (not as fun as sailing with you tho!)

Interesting with the short cruise vibe. BFF & I did a 4 day 80s cruise on Princess. Not over the top.

But our 5 day Celebrity spring break cruise--eh, I think we are OVER Spring Break & short cruises!

(even had a comped 4 day Virgin cruise this month but air was stupid expensive & still had to pay for drinks...meh, we decided expensive air not worth it for 4 days, even comped)

3+4+3 in different rooms--AMBITIOUS.

We moved rooms in the middle of our 28 day cruise in April & afterwards I was thinking it was not worth the extra $100 of shareholders OBC we got!!! (and had to move again...tho our next room was the best, so I GUeSS it was worth it!)

Looks like you had a great time with friends & solo (as you always do). 

Love the bag!!

Looking forward to your GenX/GenZ TR!

Isn't 8 days on 4/4/26 about the right duration ??😉

mac_tlc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Isn't 8 days on 4/4/26 about the right duration ??😉

mac_tlc

It's still a maybe...we were looking at a TA about that same time again...choices choices!!

• Like 1