Sky Jr Suite on the Icon

Could someone please tell me what the differences in amenities are between a full Sky suite and a Jr Sky suite on the Icon? I'm reading f.i. that Jr suite guests are welcome for dinner in the Coastal Kitchen venue. So, not welcome at other times? Any other exclusions?

Standard Junior suites can only eat at CK for dinner and only then when there is availability.  Full suite guests (including Sky Jr) get first opportunity to book reservations for CK for dinner and can also go there for open seating breakfast and lunch.  A standard jr suite will also not be granted access to the suite neighborhood (buffet, pool, loungers, etc).  Basically a standard Jr Suite is generally a bigger cabin and a coffee machine that earns double points but doesn't come with much else guaranteed.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

When these sky JS first were offered they came with wifi and I'd have been interested. Then a TA posted they took away the included wifi unless you were already booked before the charge. 

I'm confused myself. What is extra they are now changing for after the wifi removed from the sky JS. 

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

When these sky JS first were offered they came with wifi and I'd have been interested. Then a TA posted they took away the included wifi unless you were already booked before the charge. 

I'm confused myself. What is extra they are now changing for after the wifi removed from the sky JS. 

We're booked in a Sky Jr suite and the VOOM wifi package is included.

1 hour ago, silentbob007 said:

Full suite guests (including Sky Jr) get first opportunity to book reservations for CK for dinner and can also go there for open seating breakfast and lunch.  A standard jr suite will also not be granted access to the suite neighborhood (buffet, pool, loungers, etc).  

This is the information I was looking for. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Riemercruisin said:

Ok great news. I thought I read they took away included wifi. That's all I want to make my day. I hate to feel cut off from the world. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I agree. I would have totally considered a Sky Jr on ships that have them now if they included WiFi, but at the premium I've seen, totally not worth it. I too was kind of excited when they first announced them, and disappointed when they took it way.

26 minutes ago, Riemercruisin said:

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok great news. I thought I read they took away included wifi. That's all I want to make my day. I hate to feel cut off from the world. 

They did. It depends on the ship.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

The disclaimer:

*** VOOM Surf + Stream package is not available for Sky Junior Suites sailing on Allure of the Seas®, Anthem of the Seas®, Harmony of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas®, Odyssey of the Seas®, Ovation of the Seas®, Quantum of the Seas®, Symphony of the Seas® and Wonder of the Seas®. Sky Junior Suites sailing on Icon of the Seas®, Spectrum of the Seas® and Utopia of the Seas® have this benefit included.

When originally announced, Spectrum was the only ship where it was included due to the differences in the way they run that ship from China for the Chinese market. Interesting that they've since added Icon and Utopia. Icon, ok, and I would suspect Star will be also, but why just Utopia in the Oasis class???

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wifi is only included fur Sky Junior Suites on the Icon, utopia and Spectrum.  It is nit included on the other ships where sky Jr suites were later rolled out.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

I agree. I would have totally considered a Sky Jr on ships that have them now if they included WiFi, but at the premium I've seen, totally not worth it. I too was kind of excited when they first announced them, and disappointed when they took it way.

They did. It depends on the ship.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

The disclaimer:

*** VOOM Surf + Stream package is not available for Sky Junior Suites sailing on Allure of the Seas®, Anthem of the Seas®, Harmony of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas®, Odyssey of the Seas®, Ovation of the Seas®, Quantum of the Seas®, Symphony of the Seas® and Wonder of the Seas®. Sky Junior Suites sailing on Icon of the Seas®, Spectrum of the Seas® and Utopia of the Seas® have this benefit included.

When originally announced, Spectrum was the only ship where it was included due to the differences in the way they run that ship from China for the Chinese market. Interesting that they've since added Icon and Utopia. Icon, ok, and I would suspect Star will be also, but why just Utopia in the Oasis class???

Itcwas fue to when the itineraries with the new cabin category were released.  It was an after the fact cuttack in benefits. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

50 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wifi is only included fur Sky Junior Suites on the Icon, utopia and Spectrum.  It is nit included on the other ships where sky Jr suites were later rolled out.  

So wifi is included on those 3 ships no others for sky junior suites?

It's for icon utopia and spectrum, no other... 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

So wifi is included on those 3 ships no others for sky junior suites?

It's for icon utopia and spectrum, no other... 

Yep/ Looks that way. I kind of get Spectrum, since it operates a bit differently for suites, but really, when they include only Icon and Utopia, that makes no sense. Either include all ships of those classes or none. This pick & choose just seems arbitrary and petty. But I believe that if they are calling it "Sky", it should have all Sky benefits. 

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Yep/ Looks that way. I kind of get Spectrum, since it operates a bit differently for suites, but really, when they include only Icon and Utopia, that makes no sense. Either include all ships of those classes or none. This pick & choose just seems arbitrary and petty. But I believe that if they are calling it "Sky", it should have all Sky benefits. 

Utopia and Icon were released for sale earlier than the rest of the fleet and other than the Spectrum were really the introduction of the SJS to the North American Market.  The bean counters changed their minds on the inclusions prior to the regular release of itineraries for the rest of OA and QN class and it was removed but since IC on UT had been released they grandfathered those 2 ships in.

I totally agree that it should have been kept for all ships, especially with the premium they are paying.  They could have even buried another couple hundred to the price to cover the cost and no one would have blinked an eye. Pretty shortsighted move IMO.

• Like 3

Kind of like how grand suites on non-Oasis & Quantum classes don’t get wifi. Makes no sense.

I’m not a sky-jr-suite fan, not just because of the excluded wifi, but also due to the cabin location on some of the ships - right under the pool deck. So they took the jr suites that were hard to sell because of a terrible location, threw in a couple suite perks, but not all suite perks and now they charge a whole lot more for them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We had a  surfside family suite- so disappointed.  Would have rather had a sky Jr. suite.  Near elevators.  I did a review-  But IMO Icon class for young families-  

We had two SurfSide Suites last month on Icon. We booked them due to having extended family with us. We loved that it included everything but the lack of storage, position of the swing out TV, hearing talking from other cabins when in the bathroom, among other small things we found in this category disappointed us.