Next Chapter in Its Culinary Story

WESTEAST

Media release today (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2024/Oceania+Cruises+Unveils+the+Next+Chapter+in+Its+Culinary+Story+-+Relaxed+Yet+Refined%2c+The+Finest+Cuisine+at+Sea+Redefined/ announces new menu items however, didn't see date when to be launched - highlights:

Terrace Café:

-  addition of a daily sushi station as well as an Indian Corner

-  sushi station boasts 45 brand-new recipes, created by Oceania Cruises’ newly appointed Executive Culinary Directors, Chefs Alex Quaretti and Eric Barale, along with their talented team. These include two types of sashimi per day, two types of uramaki, three kinds of nigiri, and a daily vegetarian option.

-  new Indian Corner operates once every cruise during dinner service and features 15 authentic Indian recipes.

Waves:

-  menu now features more than 20 revised options, including a new selection of cold sandwiches, plus hot sandwiches and burgers. These include the signature Surf & Turf Wagyu burger; a wagyu beef patty with lobster medallions and truffle mayonnaise; and a new Philly Cheesesteak hot sandwich comprising shredded sirloin steak, provolone, sautéed onion, bell peppers and mushrooms. All are now served with a choice of French fries or sweet potato fries.

Other:

-  plans afoot for all our ships. We have new dishes to unveil in Red Ginger, our signature pan-Asian venue; there will be an expansion of Oceania Cruises’ exclusive wine pairing luncheon options; and a fresh look at the menus for the grande dame of the line’s dining venues, The Grand Dining Room.

-  highest percentage of culinary personnel devoted to the dining experience than any other cruise company. To ensure the impeccable quality of each dish, the line has one chef for every ten guests; half of the crew on board is dedicated to the cooking or serving of food.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

Interesting.  And if you read the entire article it almost looks as if management is reading CC with comments both on slow dining and no tablecloths.

On Marina in November, will be excited to see if the changes do well 

• Like 3

@Woofa,

Amen. November we will be on Riviera and the Marina TA so we too will test the cuisine. The changes sound great and we were excited to read this Press Release.
Mauibabes 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mauibabes said:

@Woofa,

Amen. November we will be on Riviera and the Marina TA so we too will test the cuisine. The changes sound great and we were excited to read this Press Release.
Mauibabes 

See you on the Marina TA!

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Hanoj said:

Finally something more?!?

Talk is cheap. The proof will be in the pudding, or actually the authenticity of those meals they’re touting. We’ll see if they stray far from the NoNos. 

Is this announcement an indication they realize they have a NoNo problem?

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 4

Hard pass for me on the sushi. Not something I enjoy. I hope to enjoy the once-per-cruise Indian dinner. Will be interesting to see if Sirena will have either come 8/28/24.

Indian night at the Terrace is some of the worst food I've ever had on Oceania. I'm sure it's me, I like spicy and flavors, just not those. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

Indian night at the Terrace is some of the worst food I've ever had on Oceania. I'm sure it's me, I like spicy and flavors, just not those. 

I feel like I've tried and mostly liked most cuisines but I know really nothing about Indian food. There are a fair number of places here that have it so I should check it out. I just have a vision of really heavy food.

I love good sushi so looking forward to the expanded offerings.

I'm like ORV - I've tried Indian food a couple of times and just do not care for it. So I will pass on that.

I'm not a big fan of sushi but my husband and I love Indian food.  He even likes the Indian food I make and I'm not a native Indian.  Everyone has different tastes and I'm glad O is trying to find different types of cuisine for different tastes.  What a boring world it would be if everyone liked the same thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ORV said:

I believe I agree 100% on this.  Last thing I would want unless it was full of the flavor of India, which I don't believe they will have.  

On 6/20/2024 at 8:41 AM, pinotlover said:

We’ll see if they stray far from the NoNos. 

💯 💯 💯-Unfortunately,You can’t have real Indian cuisine if cow toeing to the No-Nos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Thought2go said:

💯 💯 💯-Unfortunately,You can’t have real Indian cuisine if cow toeing to the No-Nos.

Exactly, or Mexican and a host of other specialties.

• Like 1

Suchi

On 6/20/2024 at 11:35 AM, ORV said:

I agree...and No NO NO to sushi...

Nothing new about sushi, have seen it in Terrace every sailing...

Now if they began to have Hearty soups, like goulash, beef and barley,  cabbage soup, chick noodle with vegetables...ah I can dream...

Generally I think they do very little European and much more exotic...

That's what more prefer...I am in a very small minority on this one.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 11:41 AM, clo said:

I feel like I've tried and mostly liked most cuisines but I know really nothing about Indian food. There are a fair number of places here that have it so I should check it out. I just have a vision of really heavy food.

It’s definitely not a light fare like a piece of grilled fish- but if prepared authentically-the layers of flavors are amazing. Ghee and coconut milk add to the richness. The spices are bloomed and if that process doesn’t literally make you gasp for O2, it’s not authentic!🤣😂 And A wild chicken over a domestically grown gives it an amazing depth. You might want to try a boneless chicken roti to see if the spices agree with you.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, jonthomas said:

goulash, beef and barley,  cabbage soup

No thank you - maybe on a river cruise in Germany, Switzerland or in Hungary but not for us. To each his/her own 😀

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

No thank you - maybe on a river cruise in Germany, Switzerland or in Hungary but not for us. To each his/her own 😀

Por que non? Have you had them and not liked them?

Suchi

On 6/20/2024 at 11:35 AM, ORV said:

Indian night at the Terrace is some of the worst food I've ever had on Oceania. I'm sure it's me, I like spicy and 

Yes I understand, to each their own, even though I like European food, there is always something I can find, but on Indian night it is a little tougher.

On 6/20/2024 at 6:35 PM, ORV said:

The Mexican food isn’t anything to brag about either.  If they would up the spice level on the ethnic foods it might help.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vlthom said:

The Mexican food isn’t anything to brag about either.  If they would up the spice level on the ethnic foods it might help.

We live in San Antonio Texas, home of Texmex food, and I never had any Mexican food on any cruise ship worth bragging about.  Outside of Texas, New Mexico and even California,  good Mexican food is hard to find in the US.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2