2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

njkate.  while i gew up in detroit, motown also doesnt fit in the description of doo wopp but certainly oldies.  by the way (imho, and this is only mho) the best albums ever released by motown are the: temptations greatest hits, stevie wonder: songs in the key of life and smokey robinson and the miracles: anthology. im sure many others will certainly differ

• Like 1

Welp....I'm in. My husband will laugh at me. He doesn't understand just how we Criticer's can establish a relationship. I might be like a ghost onboard. Or perhaps my magical unicorn self! Who knows what you get until it's the day. 

Hey @complawyer, can you throw in a little T Swift for the inner Swiftie here? I'll not ask for Nick Minaj as Taylor will do for my husband too. 

This, will, of course be required wear on our NCL Cruise Critic formal night:

peng201905506-600x800w.jpg

Since I currently own this, we'll have a onesie pajama party as well...in the Observation Lounge. No feet on furniture rule will apply! That'll make @mking8288 very happy! 

Coca-Cola Coke Polar Bear Emoji One Piece Hooded Footie Pajama –  WebUndies.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

hey cruise, taylor swift is out of the concept. i have a few hundred (maybe more) c/d's that are probably at least 25 years older than she is.

he clearly doesnt get the concept that after a few years and hundreds of back and forth posts, people do establish some sort of mythical friendship.

as for my intended cruise, poodle skirts/ skin tight jeans, ducks ass haircuts for the guys, saddle shoes and bobbie sox.

god bless rydell high!

some other oldies groups people may or not remember are vito and the salutaions, the eternals, 

skyliners, and dont forget the platters, the drifters and and  coasters

• Haha 1

dorothy, it isnt just the idea of renting out the ship. even the smallest ncl ship cab accommodate 

over 2,000 people, just imagine all of these folks, agreeing to my concept of an oldies/doo wopp sailing. there are already responses from others, suggesting other genres be included.

i never even imagined more  than a couple of responses

while i never suspected i could get an entire ship load of people interested in this type of cruise,(and remember i'm 76) i believe myself to be a true doo wopp lover, and i thought that this would be a great concept cruise  for older people. that being said, i  raised my grandson on doo wopp, he's now 25, and in the past if you asked him his favorite group, he'd answer dion and the belmonts.

when he was 12, he knew all the words to "teenager in love"

lets hear it for cousin brucie!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, complawyer said:

dorothy, it isnt just the idea of renting out the ship. even the smallest ncl ship cab accommodate 

over 2,000 people, just imagine all of these folks, agreeing to my concept of an oldies/doo wopp sailing. there are already responses from others, suggesting other genres be included.

i never even imagined more  than a couple of responses

while i never suspected i could get an entire ship load of people interested in this type of cruise,(and remember i'm 76) i believe myself to be a true doo wopp lover, and i thought that this would be a great concept cruise  for older people. that being said, i  raised my grandson on doo wopp, he's now 25, and in the past if you asked him his favorite group, he'd answer dion and the belmonts.

when he was 12, he knew all the words to "teenager in love"

lets hear it for cousin brucie!

NCL has done music-related charter cruises featuring numerous music genres for years through its affiliate Sixthman.

If you or anyone is really serious about an oldies/doo wop cruise on NCL perhaps the first step should be contacting Sixthman with the idea for the cruise.

• Like 1

dorothy, i know that, but there are cruises specifically designed for certain travelers. there is a nude cruise next jan, carnival usually has a 7 day oldies cruise, i recently read  (i forget which line) a heavy metal cruise (of which i have absolutely "0" interest).

along those lines, i responded to schmoopie's original post thinking a doo wopp cruise, specifically tailored to the older baby boomers would be a lot of fun. 

i really never go out of my way to meet people on a cruise, but on my suggested voyage, we would all be bound by love of  this music, which by the way has always been an amazing common denominator  (think woodstock or monterery). im sure there are plenty of songs, when heard by oldr people, bring back many nostalgic memories.

5 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I’m in…but I don’t want to talk to anyone. 

I'm  a member of that club. What a great concept...let's all meet on a cruise  but not talk to each other ! Sign me up.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, complawyer said:

gg texas gal. for some reason, none of your posts ever get through to me. i'd be interested in reading your recent one about the supposed 2026 cruise.

@complawyer Take me off of your "ignore list"?  Also, do you mean proposed cruise?

• Haha 2

ggtexas gal: i didnt even know i had an ignore list, and even if i did, i have yet read aanything from anyone that i would intentionally ignore, much less put on a list. ok, how about some help here. since i was totally unaware that such a thing even existed, how do i go about getting rid of it

• Like 1

Just now, complawyer said:

ggtexas gal: i didnt even know i had an ignore list, and even if i did, i have yet read aanything from anyone that i would intentionally ignore, much less put on a list. ok, how about some help here. since i was totally unaware that such a thing even existed, how do i go about getting rid of it

I was messing with you!!!  (I'd need to go into my account to figure-out a tutorial for you)🤣

• Haha 1

ggtexas gal. ive always said that i am technologically challenged. that  being said, i note the last 2 of your posts came through, consequently, i would love to read your post  on my idea of the oldies/ doo woop cruise

6 minutes ago, complawyer said:

njhorseman, thanks for the heads up. i m ight just do that. by the way, would you be interested in such a cruise?

Conceptually, yes , but the infirmities associated with advancing age have made it difficult to make a firm commitment. So I'm a "definite maybe".

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

njkate.  while i gew up in detroit, motown also doesnt fit in the description of doo wopp but certainly oldies.  by the way (imho, and this is only mho) the best albums ever released by motown are the: temptations greatest hits, stevie wonder: songs in the key of life and smokey robinson and the miracles: anthology. im sure many others will certainly differ

What's Goin' On by Marvin Gaye

And the first thing we missed when Covid hit was the play on Broadway about the Temptations. Hard to go even if you have tickets when all of Broadway was shut down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, complawyer said:

If you can read ggtexasgal's posts they aren't on your ignore list ....otherwise you would see a note that says so an so is on your ignore list and give you option to remove from ignore list, read just that post or lol don't remember 3rd option

click on your screen name by the notification bell, then click on Ignored Users

you can ignore someone from here or take them off ignore if already on

and lol for some reason complawyer I had you on ignore and I have no idea

why.  I turned 76 yesterday and dh will be 79 in Sept.  We are still cruising and it could be really fun to cruise with some of the CC "oldies".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@complawyer I like the concept of an oldies/doo wop cruise!

I'm in my ^60's and I grew up loving the oldies, doo wop and more. (Thank God for my oldest sister!)

Overall, my taste in music is very broad, so I adapt well to whatever music is playing!

Edited by ggTexasGal
spelling corrected

njhorseman. actually i'm more than surprised by the number  of people that have responded positively to my original idea of an oldies cruise, i took your advice and contacted sixthman (currently awaiting a response) once i have this, i will post whatever information they may provide.

if we can actually put something like this together, i  hope that the degree of your infirmaries diminish to the point that you are able to participate, wouldnt be the same without you!

• Like 2

One of the main reasons we cruise is for the drink package.

All of this music talk is making me thirsty.

Too bad I don't have a drink package at home.

On the bright side, our neighborhood Craft Beer club meets tonight. Good timing.

• Haha 4

tjquilts, thank for the information, i did as you suggested, and there was no one on my ignore list. again, ididnt even know this existed, and personally, rather that put anyone on a list, if i dont like/agree with a post, i just dont respond. cant ignore a fellow ncl cruiser, you never know when anyone can post something of value

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CptBoatface said:

Schmoop, there it is!  Ah, but that's music far outside of scope.  

Yeah...rap is the one genre of "music" that will require ear plugs from the Schmoopies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1