2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

1 hour ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

As somebody who sails on all the different cruise lines and is about to do our first NCL cruise... What do people prefer about NCL that keeps them loyal?

The Haven and not having to dress up...at all.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

I thought the idea of a Cruise Critic cruise would be great, celebrating the love of cruising and the social aspect of a Cruise Critic based group. 
But it seems it’s morphing into a music themed sailing….

From a common idea of celebrating cruising to personal tastes in music where individual tastes may not be fulfilled.

Celebrating cruising is not age centric, entertainment defined, activity driven.

Id suggest selecting a theme and generating interest….whats the old saying…too many cooks…

Me…..I like being around cruisers….especially those that don’t need diversions to be occupied and not bored at sea.

It sounds like you're just describing every cruise with an active CC roll call.

3 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

As somebody who sails on all the different cruise lines and is about to do our first NCL cruise... What do people prefer about NCL that keeps them loyal?

I like not having to dress up at all - jeans are fine everywhere!! And now that I am Platinum, I'm starting to get nice perks (free specialty dining, a bag of free laundry, etc)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DorothyB said:

I like not having to dress up at all - jeans are fine everywhere!! And now that I am Platinum, I'm starting to get nice perks (free specialty dining, a bag of free laundry, etc)

We recently sailed in the Retreat on the Celebrity Equinox and we were enjoying a conversation with a retired gentlemen when we both decided it was time for dinner.

As we were getting up he saw I was wearing shorts and he asked if we'd wait a couple minutes so he didn't think we were with him (wearing shorts).

I laughed and told him I didn't think about it but we would make a stop by the room to change before we went to dinner. 

---

It doesn't bother me at all to abide by the societal norms on the different cruise lines, but I also couldn't care less what other people wear to dinner and I'm sure it will be nice not having to worry about it!

3 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

The Haven.  

10 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The Haven.  

Have you done Yacht Club? Curious how it compares. 

We are just doing a balcony this time as a Haven room for 4 (2 kids) was $18k and my budget for 7 days was only $12k (we got a Club Balcony instead which was still $9k).

8 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Have you done Yacht Club? Curious how it compares. 

We are just doing a balcony this time as a Haven room for 4 (2 kids) was $18k and my budget for 7 days was only $12k (we got a Club Balcony instead which was still $9k).

Wife will not cruise on MSC.

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Wife will not cruise on MSC.

Outside the YC can be over crowded at times, but the YC is the best suite-class we've sailed in so far. 

Hopefully we will be able to compare to the Haven sometime soon!

6 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

You almost got me.

Not for me. The only time I'm away from CC (and all the personalities here) is when I'm on a cruise.

I cruise to:

-Stop talking about cruising

-Stop researching cruising

-Stop arguing about cruising

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

@schmoopie17, so as not to clutter up @graphicguy's last remaining thoughts, I figured I'd move the lack of a 2026 cruise over here. It's not forgotten, mister...unless you're trying to schmoopie us in the future!! I haven't forgotten about the Google Sheet. In fact, I've created one! Based on my count, we're at least three, maybe four since @Sugar Magnolia said something on the live, too! 

For those that don't want to, well it's easy not to. I know some will continue to clutter up this thread (and probably say we can't plan a cruise, because we're not travel experts - you know, like we can't dream about features on a cruise ship unless we're maritime engineers). 

Anyway, if anyone is interested *clearing throat* @laudergayle and @MagnoliaBlossom, and others, head here and add in your Cruise Critic name. I did put in my email address, then realized it shows my phone number and current address if you search it. I'm thinking I need to make a new email given I don't exactly want to advertise to everyone where I live. 

It's an extremely basic sheet right now. There are two tabs:

1. Interested - No Commitment: Just add in your Cruise Critic name and number of folks you think you have. Add your email if you'd like. Don't add it. Either/or is totally ok! Cruise Critic is all about anonymity, if you'd like to remain anonymous and I'm not about to go rounds with our beautiful moderation team. 

2. Voyage Options: I added the Galveston, January cruise already. I also added a second 12 day cruise out of Tampa. Don't bother adding your selection to the main page yet. I think we should at least hold out until the summer 2026 cruises are posted by NCL. 

Anyone can edit, screw up, or laugh at the Google Sheet. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_6mL29I60rxhtElTw5UKKsr9aYdcpxF-de5BXUM9XE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

@cruiseny4life When this post found its way to the second page, I figured my brilliant idea was doomed. Thanks for resurrecting it again and for the spreadsheet,

As @Sugar Magnoliaso astutely stated, even if there are just a few of us, it would be a blast.

I also happen to know an excellent TA who specializes in group bookings on NCL, if needed.

It would also be cool to cruise with @YVRteacher (and dad, of course).

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

@schmoopie17, so as not to clutter up @graphicguy's last remaining thoughts, I figured I'd move the lack of a 2026 cruise over here. It's not forgotten, mister...unless you're trying to schmoopie us in the future!! I haven't forgotten about the Google Sheet. In fact, I've created one! Based on my count, we're at least three, maybe four since @Sugar Magnolia said something on the live, too! 

For those that don't want to, well it's easy not to. I know some will continue to clutter up this thread (and probably say we can't plan a cruise, because we're not travel experts - you know, like we can't dream about features on a cruise ship unless we're maritime engineers). 

Anyway, if anyone is interested *clearing throat* @laudergayle and @MagnoliaBlossom, and others, head here and add in your Cruise Critic name. I did put in my email address, then realized it shows my phone number and current address if you search it. I'm thinking I need to make a new email given I don't exactly want to advertise to everyone where I live. 

It's an extremely basic sheet right now. There are two tabs:

1. Interested - No Commitment: Just add in your Cruise Critic name and number of folks you think you have. Add your email if you'd like. Don't add it. Either/or is totally ok! Cruise Critic is all about anonymity, if you'd like to remain anonymous and I'm not about to go rounds with our beautiful moderation team. 

2. Voyage Options: I added the Galveston, January cruise already. I also added a second 12 day cruise out of Tampa. Don't bother adding your selection to the main page yet. I think we should at least hold out until the summer 2026 cruises are posted by NCL. 

Anyone can edit, screw up, or laugh at the Google Sheet. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_6mL29I60rxhtElTw5UKKsr9aYdcpxF-de5BXUM9XE/edit?usp=sharing

@cruiseny4life thanks for starting the sheet, if we ever needed a reason to cruise ..#SchmoopieFest  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

While I said either itinerary, I think the Viva has better specialty dining and more spaces to meet up and create our own lounge experience…especially in warm weather.  We’ve sailed Prima and Jewel and I think Viva has more to offer for 12-14 days. Unless you’re looking for swimming pools.

10 hours ago, laudergayle said:

@cruiseny4life hey there.  It might be me, but I can’t add from my (ahem) iPad.  Please add for me.  Laudergayle. 2 pp. balcony or CBS if helpful.  Ratrace08@gmail.com.  We would consider either itinerary.  Not definite but definitely interested. Thanks for coordinating 🥰

10 hours ago, laudergayle said:

While I said either itinerary, I think the Viva has better specialty dining and more spaces to meet up and create our own lounge experience…especially in warm weather.  We’ve sailed Prima and Jewel and I think Viva has more to offer for 12-14 days. Unless you’re looking for swimming pools.

Consider yourself added, for two!! Don't need to list your stateroom yet and I did leave off the email for the moment.

Y'all, everyone, keep on bringing your thoughts on itineraries - I'm sure we'll get to an annoying stage where we all want separate things, but am sure we'll coalesce around the most amazing cruise ever!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, laudergayle said:

It might be me, but I can’t add from my (ahem) iPad.

I forgot to mention, I was unable to edit the sheet from my phone last night (not an evil company device). It required me to download the Sheets app and I wasn't into that last night. So, it might not be just you, and unfortunately is definitely not just the evil company. 🫠

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2024 at 9:38 AM, Asawi said:

No set dinner time

No formal night

Relatively solo-friendly pricing

This is it for me too except to add I meet the BEST people on NCL, starting with my first cruise back in 2015...still close friends with 3 people I met on that cruise.

And the Waterfront/Observation Lounge areas.  I can be close to the water even if I am in an inside cabin. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

As per usual, I have nothing important to say. Just bumping this thread back to page one to give @cruiseny4life and his spreadsheet more exposure.

Truthfully, we may have already maxed out. But that's okay. We have the makings of a fun group.

Truthfully, I am relieved not to see certain names on the spreadsheet 😅.

Thank you @schmoopie17 for the brilliant idea and thank you @cruiseny4life for moving the ball forward. Happy to help as long as I don't have to talk to anyone.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just signed up. I am a solo cruiser and want to be part of Sugar Magnolia's posse. I'm probably older, but will do my best to keep up. Any cruise for me involves and air flight, so longer than 7 days would be preferred. Right now I don't have anything booked past February 24 - but of course that could change...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vswan said:

Just signed up. I am a solo cruiser and want to be part of Sugar Magnolia's posse. I'm probably older, but will do my best to keep up. Any cruise for me involves and air flight, so longer than 7 days would be preferred. Right now I don't have anything booked past February 24 - but of course that could change...

Terrific! I am currently running open enrollment for posse members. All are encouraged to apply.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Terrific! I am currently running open enrollment for posse members. All are encouraged to apply.

Maybe you can add that application to the spreadsheet, was wondering how @graphicguy was able to secure a top spot in your posse

#SchmoopieFest

• Haha 4