Ruby Princess: Bathroom door (Caribe Deck 10)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry ... weird question.  Does anyone have a photo of the Bathroom door (Caribe deck 10 / Ruby Princess)?  Specifically, I'm trying to determine if there's a raised BOTTOM ledge which needs to be stepped over before entering the bathroom.  I recall reading to be careful of the raised ledge?  Also, how high is the ledge (if there's a raised ledge)?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, CruiseMom88 said:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry ... weird question.  Does anyone have a photo of the Bathroom door (Caribe deck 10 / Ruby Princess)?  Specifically, I'm trying to determine if there's a raised BOTTOM ledge which needs to be stepped over before entering the bathroom.  I recall reading to be careful of the raised ledge?  Also, how high is the ledge (if there's a raised ledge)?

Thanks!

Every ship bathroom as I remember has a slight step up 

Posted (edited)

I do not believe handicapped excusable have step ups

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

Every ship bathroom as I remember has a slight step up 

Slow typer

Edited by AZaTaz

Yes. The bathroom entrance has a step over. It is around 6 inches. HCP cabins do not have this. No photo but if you search on line for a ship tour someone probably has included the entrance. Another bit of info. The bathroom entrance is off the open closet area, not off the main room or the entrance hall. See deck plans

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info everyone.  I was hoping there would be no ledge but I assumed there would be ... to help prevent water leaking out of the bathroom?

I'm bringing a door wedge (door stopper) as I would like to keep the bathroom door propped open when I shower.

EDITED here:  slow typer also 🤣

6" ledge ... I don't think my door wedge is "tall" enough to keep bathroom door wedged open.  

Any ideas how I may keep the door propped open?

I know ... weird thing to do but the bathrooms are so small and I'm so big ... I would like a more roomy, less claustrophobic feeling to the bathroom when I use it.  Plus ... propped open door will allow bath shower steam to escape.

We're bringing our favourite Eucalyptus & Spearmint shower gel (you guessed it ... B&B Works).  It's so relaxing every time we use it and would love for this scent to permeate the cabin.  It puts us in a happy place!

In case anyone is wondering about privacy issues ... since the ceilings are metal, I intend to stick magnetic hooks to the ceiling and hang a privacy curtain from the ceiling (at the opening of the walk in closet).  This is the grand master plan I formulated in my imagination.  I'll have to see if I'm able to execute it in real life. 🤣

Thanks again!

Edited by CruiseMom88
Updated info

Posted (edited)

You could try placing the door stopper near the hinge of the door.  Curtain works (I've used it often).

Edited by cr8tiv1

39 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

All the pipes are below. Plus, if you leave the door open, the steam from your shower can (and has) set the smoke detector off.

Oh no ... don't want that.  Thanks for the warning!!  Yikes!

33 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You could try placing the door stopper near the hinge of the door.  Curtain works (I've used it often).

Thanks for the suggestion.  Appreciate you confirming that the curtain will work.  Since the walk in closet area is so large, might as well utilize it as a change room by rigging up a curtain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Unless you are in really rough seas, enough to make the door slam shut,I’ve never had an issue with it staying open while I shower.  

👌👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Yes. The bathroom entrance has a step over. It is around 6 inches. 

Minor point...(I'm sure this is probably what you meant...) but it's a "step up"...not a "step over" except as others have stated in the case of an accessible cabin.

For your shower curtain room divider:

Bring enough magnetic hooks for the top (Usually 5-6 work) AND 2 for the side with a bungee cord to "prop" the curtain in open position.

I've placed the curtain to create a dressing area with the closet.  I have also used it to create a divider across the entry way.  Both work well.  There have been several nights when I drag a chair into that area because I could not sleep.  

I'm not sure if all the bathroom doors are the same but we just got off the Island and showered with the bathroom door open all the time.  The bathroom door was not like the cabin door with an automatic closer.  It only closed if you wanted to close it and pull it shut.  As someone else mentioned, the door should stay open unless you're possibly in really rough seas.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

For your shower curtain room divider:

Bring enough magnetic hooks for the top (Usually 5-6 work) AND 2 for the side with a bungee cord to "prop" the curtain in open position.

I've placed the curtain to create a dressing area with the closet.  I have also used it to create a divider across the entry way.  Both work well.  There have been several nights when I drag a chair into that area because I could not sleep.  

Thanks for the tips.  Love the 2 extra magnets & bungee cord idea.  Would you happen to recall what the height & width dimensions were for the opening to the walk in closet?  Specifically:  floor to ceiling height AND side to side width?  Thanks!

Edited by CruiseMom88

9 minutes ago, NewPennCruiser said:

I'm not sure if all the bathroom doors are the same but we just got off the Island and showered with the bathroom door open all the time.  The bathroom door was not like the cabin door with an automatic closer.  It only closed if you wanted to close it and pull it shut.  As someone else mentioned, the door should stay open unless you're possibly in really rough seas.

Thanks!  Appreciate you also confirming that the door should remain open unless in rough seas.

The shower curtain will leave a gap of about a foot on the bottom.  I always have to double my shower curtain so I am guessing the openings are not much larger than 36 inches. 

I have 2 really nice cloth shower curtains....but they do add weight to my luggage.  They add a nice decor to the room over plastic.

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The shower curtain will leave a gap of about a foot on the bottom.  I always have to double my shower curtain so I am guessing the openings are not much larger than 36 inches. 

I have 2 really nice cloth shower curtains....but they do add weight to my luggage.  They add a nice decor to the room over plastic.

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 12:13 PM, CruiseMom88 said:

Thanks for the info everyone.  I was hoping there would be no ledge but I assumed there would be ... to help prevent water leaking out of the bathroom?

I'm bringing a door wedge (door stopper) as I would like to keep the bathroom door propped open when I shower.

EDITED here:  slow typer also 🤣

6" ledge ... I don't think my door wedge is "tall" enough to keep bathroom door wedged open.  

Any ideas how I may keep the door propped open?

I know ... weird thing to do but the bathrooms are so small and I'm so big ... I would like a more roomy, less claustrophobic feeling to the bathroom when I use it.  Plus ... propped open door will allow bath shower steam to escape.

We're bringing our favourite Eucalyptus & Spearmint shower gel (you guessed it ... B&B Works).  It's so relaxing every time we use it and would love for this scent to permeate the cabin.  It puts us in a happy place!

In case anyone is wondering about privacy issues ... since the ceilings are metal, I intend to stick magnetic hooks to the ceiling and hang a privacy curtain from the ceiling (at the opening of the walk in closet).  This is the grand master plan I formulated in my imagination.  I'll have to see if I'm able to execute it in real life. 🤣

Thanks again!

Suggestions: handicap cabin, if available and you qualify. Also, the "older" ships have huge showers in the spa area (free)...not sure about newer ships.

23 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Suggestions: handicap cabin, if available and you qualify. Also, the "older" ships have huge showers in the spa area (free)...not sure about newer ships.

👌👍