Cheese

1 hour ago, DebbieCruises said:

Do the officers attend the M&G's for other social media groups, too?

I’ve never seen the other groups have a M&G

12 hours ago, EngrJones said:

Is this really true?

2 hours ago, zqvol said:

It is some people will claim “the right” to lead a M&G over a year in advance of sailing. I find leading them to be more trouble than they are worth. What is even more interesting is that with the rise in other social media platforms CC Meet and Greets are diminishing in popularity and often don’t occur. 

@EngrJones

absolutely, people get all territorial about who said they’d organize the M&G first.

there’s 1 travel agent who will create roll calls years in advance and one of her 1st posts is she will organize the M&G, then books blocks of hotel rooms and tries to get roll callers to book there. Plus she likes to play with the faces group and tries to get people to join that group so she organize excursions. Never met her cuz I dropped that cruise for a better itinerary, but was astonished by her activity so checked her other posts … same pattern.  

people always making power plays or trying to make a buck … off putting.

20 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

I’ve attended two that were organized by the place with faces. We also had officers in attendance. 

I've been to one that was organized by that faceplace people here hate. I didn't attend it as I was preoccupied with something else. Spa? Sleeping? Eating? I don't remember. I did see photos after and it appeared the officers attended. The person who created the group claimed there were more than 100 people in attendance. 

Wait. Weren't we talking about cheese?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I've been to one that was organized by that faceplace people here hate. I didn't attend it as I was preoccupied with something else. Spa? Sleeping? Eating? I don't remember. I did see photos after and it appeared the officers attended. The person who created the group claimed there were more than 100 people in attendance. 

Wait. Weren't we talking about cheese?

The one I attended was In the bliss lounge on the Epic. I wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t at least 100 people. It was packed.It was a TA so we had lots of spare time. And yes the cheese cart on MSC yacht club is incredible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

The one I attended was In the bliss lounge on the Epic. I wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t at least 100 people. It was packed.It was a TA so we had lots of spare time. And yes the cheese cart on MSC yacht club is incredible. 

I've seen that cheese cart in the many YouTube videos I watched, trying to get my husband interested. Alas, we're still loyal to NCL. 

I do wish NCL would have a cheese trolley/cart/anything like that in the Haven. It would be absolutely delightful! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I've seen that cheese cart in the many YouTube videos I watched, trying to get my husband interested. Alas, we're still loyal to NCL. 

I do wish NCL would have a cheese trolley/cart/anything like that in the Haven. It would be absolutely delightful! 

We were Haven loyalists for years but after one YC cruise we cancelled our NCL scheduled cruise and booked again on MSC.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

The MSC cheese cart doesn't actually move much from our experience.  On the menu after the desserts they mention the cheese selection but it doesn't normally get offered outright.  

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, dexddd said:

The MSC cheese cart doesn't actually move much from our experience.  On the menu after the desserts they mention the cheese selection but it doesn't normally get offered outright.  

Yes we didn’t switch to MSC for the cheese! We just like the ship within a ship concept on MSC over the haven. 

Edited by Mommapadraig

I was just zipping around the NCL website, inside my reservation, and noticed an item I could purchase, "International Cheese for 4." Now, I love me some cheese! It's the food of the g-ds! But, I'm not going to be spending $155.52 (inclusive of gratuity) for four of us to have an assortment of tiny cheese wedges, served with bread and grapes. That seems a bit high for my taste. 

But hey, high rollers, this is an option to have fancy (kinda?) cheese in your stateroom!!

image.png.5a7c8018b305013654cf11e769465200.png

• Like 3

Last week on the Gem.... Forward balcony suite. We got this everyday, cheeses were pretty good and varied. Also had a few dipping sauces not shown in the photo. Every day the spread was slightly different

IMG_7846.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I was just zipping around the NCL website, inside my reservation, and noticed an item I could purchase, "International Cheese for 4." Now, I love me some cheese! It's the food of the g-ds! But, I'm not going to be spending $155.52 (inclusive of gratuity) for four of us to have an assortment of tiny cheese wedges, served with bread and grapes. That seems a bit high for my taste. 

But hey, high rollers, this is an option to have fancy (kinda?) cheese in your stateroom!!

That's a crazy price

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Last week on the Gem.... Forward balcony suite. We got this everyday, cheeses were pretty good and varied. Also had a few dipping sauces not shown in the photo. Every day the spread was slightly different

IMG_7846.jpg

That cheese plate doesn’t look very good to me. The grapes are clearly past their prime and turning into raisins. The cheese looks kinda “dull” in color but maybe that is the lighting. Plus it is just kind of randomly piled on there instead of neatly stacked like the cookies.

Cookies look good though.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

That cheese plate doesn’t look very good to me. The grapes are clearly past their prime and turning into raisins. The cheese looks kinda “dull” in color but maybe that is the lighting. Plus it is just kind of randomly piled on there instead of neatly stacked like the cookies.

Cookies look good though.

The grapes were very good and the cheese was fine, randomly piled? LOL...I moved them around 

Just off Getaway.  Cheese in Haven restaurant and delivered to the room was same as always- cracker barrel quality cheddar/colby and some brie.  Nothing terrible but certainly nothing to get excited about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Just go large and add the in room bath with rose petals and bottle of champagne for $499.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Just go large and add the in room bath with rose petals and bottle of champagne for $499.

What is it that, that other brand ambassador (not that NCL ambassador) says? Oh FFS!!

I'd ask, are there really people spending that kind of money on having a bath drawn? But then, I know someone has money for rose petals! Regardless of my millions (I don't have millions), I could never foresee a time I'd spend that for a bath with flavored water.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'd ask, are there really people spending that kind of money on having a bath drawn? But then, I know someone has money for rose petals! Regardless of my millions (I don't have millions), I could never foresee a time I'd spend that for a bath with flavored water.

If I had millions (I don't have millions either), I'd pay someone to NOT draw me a bath! I'm not sitting in a bathtub that thousands of other people sat in.🤮🤢😝

Edited by TheBeardedCruiser
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

If I had millions (I don't have millions either), I'd pay someone to NOT draw me a bath! I'm not sitting in a bathtub that thousands of other people sat in.🤮🤢😝

Would  you sit in a hot tub or a pool that thousands have sat in?

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2024 at 1:14 PM, Mommapadraig said:

Yes we didn’t switch to MSC for the cheese! We just like the ship within a ship concept on MSC over the haven. 

Glad to see the cheese trolley in MSC’s Yacht Club restaurant - another perk we’re looking forward to experiencing as first-time MSC cruisers.  In fact, we just cancelled 2 future NCL cruises in the Haven for 2 MSC Yacht Club cruises on their newer ships, which are  similar to the Haven layout but IMO offer more perks for less money.

We do still have 2 more NCL cruises booked, but after that…?  NCL prices are driving us away.  We put up with the price increases until we realized there was an alternative in the newer MSC YC ships.  

• Like 2

On 7/12/2024 at 7:16 AM, cruiseny4life said:

What is it that, that other brand ambassador (not that NCL ambassador) says? Oh FFS!!

Have not seen it lately, but they used to put little table tents by the in room jacuzzi tubs ledge with two or three offerings.