Unlimited Dining- Pls clarify

We do UDP often. It's not fun running to a Specialty Restaurant to make all of our reservations. I could've sworn that a few months ago I saw info saying RCL was going to start allowing UDP reservations to be made before we board.

Does anyone have info on this, or was I dreaming?

10 minutes ago, Newbieflorida said:

We do UDP often. It's not fun running to a Specialty Restaurant to make all of our reservations. I could've sworn that a few months ago I saw info saying RCL was going to start allowing UDP reservations to be made before we board.

Roll out, if it happens, is still floating around up in the clouds. 

19 minutes ago, mattR said:

Can you pre book with the three night plan?

Last time we had the three night we had to go to one of the restaurants and request .   If your in certain suite class I believe they reach out and can support booking 

29 minutes ago, mattR said:

Can you pre book with the three night plan?

No packages can you pre book the restaurants before you board yet. It was talked about for last January, they said maybe after icon it would start.. well its after icon they just didnt say how long after icon started. 

My TA said on one cruise he was able to prebook restaurants in the terminal on one before he boarded.. but still not much faster than after you board., not sure which port he boarded that he saw that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, juanrod said:

Last time we had the three night we had to go to one of the restaurants and request .   If your in certain suite class I believe they reach out and can support booking 

Well that's true for suites. I was assuming they werent in suites where a concierge was reaching out before the cruise.

1 hour ago, juanrod said:

We always book grand suites or higher and concierge definitely can help pre booking, we normally just have him prebook first two nights then wait till we board to book the rest . I would not cruise rccl without UDP .

What is the procedure for booking the meals for UDP?

I am on a 14 night cruise, do I have to go to Chops, then Izumi, Wonderland and Giovanni? Can one restaurant make all my reservations?

Do I need to make lunch reservations for sea days or can I make them as the cruise progresses?

13 minutes ago, artvlay said:

What is the procedure for booking the meals for UDP?

I am on a 14 night cruise, do I have to go to Chops, then Izumi, Wonderland and Giovanni? Can one restaurant make all my reservations?

Do I need to make lunch reservations for sea days or can I make them as the cruise progresses?

Normally one restaurant can make all reservations, that should be first thing you do after boarding.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Lunches are much less likely to be full than dinners so you can probably wait on those.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, George C said:

Normally one restaurant can make all reservations, that should be first thing you do after boarding.

There is usually only one exception and that's Izumi. You normally cannot book Izumi at any other restaurant, so you have to visit there in person. All of the others can be booked from one place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrProfessor said:

There is usually only one exception and that's Izumi. You normally cannot book Izumi at any other restaurant, so you have to visit there in person. All of the others can be booked from one place.

We used concierge, only specialty we had trouble booking was habatchi, Izumi was easy to get reservations.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DrProfessor said:

But you can book all your other reservations at Izumi.  We always head to Izumi or Wonderland to make all our reservations as there is usually a very small line if any. We also book and pay for the BOGO at Izumi for other restaurants and have no problem with reserving days later in the week with the BOGO. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

Head right to one of the restaurants that is not open for boarding day lunch. I've never had a problem booking what we wanted, though this will vary by ship and group size. 

7 hours ago, DrProfessor said:

It was only Izumi hibachi that you had to go there to book on Harmony.  Regular Izumi could be done anywhere

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Newbieflorida said:

We were able to reserve UDP bookings while onboard on our b2b on the Explorer OTS in April. Vanessa Crown Concierge mentioned it was attributes of an updated software rollout!  Great! Done right!  Not so fast! just returned from a June b2b on Adventure OTS. Not So Great!  Haiquan the Chops host made our lunch and dinner reservations.  Uh! Dunno! ;[

Edited by ChittyChittyBangBang
  • Like 1