Canned Soda Package

Seafan22

We are on the Sky right now so I can share how it worked for us. We ordered three of the six packs. When we arrived to our cabin on embarkation day there were three certificates, one for each package. We simply had to call room service to inform them what we wanted and we requested our Elite minibar switch out at the same time. We also ordered the bottled water package and that was already delivered and waiting for us in our cabin. 

• Like 3

@karatemom2

Do you recall what the choices were? 

Copied from the site for Sky Princess August 2024:

Choice of six cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Are these the choices you encountered as well?

How is your trip??  I sure have appreciated your feedback on your previous Norwegian Fjord cruise.  Hope you have a wonderful time!@

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

@karatemom2

Do you recall what the choices were? 

Copied from the site for Sky Princess August 2024:

Choice of six cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Are these the choices you encountered as well?

How is your trip??  I sure have appreciated your feedback on your previous Norwegian Fjord cruise.  Hope you have a wonderful time!@

The cruise has been spectacular! I’ll do a full review when I get home. 

Sorry, I can’t really help on the choices as the only thing we requested was Diet Coke. I will note though that they fulfilled the order with Coke Zero instead which I don’t like as much. They replaced some with Diet Coke at my request but were apparently running out and now all we can get onboard is Coke Zero. Seems to be the dominate option here in Norway. 

20 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Sorry, I can’t really help on the choices as the only thing we requested was Diet Coke. I will note though that they fulfilled the order with Coke Zero instead which I don’t like as much. They replaced some with Diet Coke at my request but were apparently running out and now all we can get onboard is Coke Zero. Seems to be the dominate option here in Norway. 

Glad to hear it's been great so far!!  Can't wait to read your review.

Had to laugh - you are just like me - I prefer Diet Coke - hubby loves Coke Zero, so he'll be happy.  In my perfect world, they would have Diet Dr Pepper!  I'm actually thinking about buying some soda at the Tesco Express at Southampton Central (train station) before we grab a taxi to the ship. We don't do a package so we're usually hauling stuff on.

Have a wonderful rest of your cruise! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Glad to hear it's been great so far!!  Can't wait to read your review.

Had to laugh - you are just like me - I prefer Diet Coke - hubby loves Coke Zero, so he'll be happy.  In my perfect world, they would have Diet Dr Pepper!

My husband is a Pepsi man. He's going to be unhappy. I agree about diet Dr. Pepper though!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

I will eagerly await your review as I have booked the Midnight Summer Solstice Cruise for 2026.

So glad you are have a great cruise. 

26 minutes ago, beshears said:

I have not read all the postings, but I gather the soda or water that you are referring to is NOT included in the $60 or $80 package, correct?

The sodas ARE included in Plus and Premier ($60 and $80 packages).

OP is apparently booking Standard fare (without Plus or Premier).

2 hours ago, beshears said:

I have not read all the postings, but I gather the soda or water that you are referring to is NOT included in the $60 or $80 package, correct?

We don’t buy the packages. Not a good investment for us. But we like to have sodas and water in our stateroom cold in the fridge throughout our cruise so, like the OP, we preorder the very reasonably priced canned soda and water packages which are delivered to your stateroom at embarkation. Very cost effective and convenient!

Soda package on Princess used to be $6/day.  Now that they have combined it with a mocktail package we no longer buy it.  Bring a 12 pack, convert entire minibar to Diet Coke and if we needed extras now buy several 6 packs pre-cruise (much cheaper than bar price onboard).

On our 14 day Norway cruise we called per the card and sodas were delivered within an hour or so.  Swapping out the minibar didn't happen until after dinner.

On 6/25/2024 at 6:37 AM, dog said:

You need to call room service after you embark to tell them what kinds you want.

you can carry on 12 cans of soda pp when you board d. Cheaper.

What? What? You can also carry on soda? 

We've always bought the beverage package for cruises, but now that we're doing a long one (for us anyway...29 days), we want to drink "more reasonably". So we plan to bring on wine to dinner (and pay the corkage fee)  and I had planned to prebuy some soda cans. So happy to know I can bring on some diet Dr. Pepper as well. Is it 12 cans per person or cabin? Could it be cans of sparkling water instead, or just soda?