Park 19 on Sun Princess

20 minutes ago, trulaker9 said:

Where are you getting this information that there is NO open adult-only area?  I just got off the Sun Princess and there are TWO adult only areas on the ship.  The Sanctuary and The Dome are currently AO.  Not only that, but the Sanctuary was a literal ghost town with barely anyone in the area even on sea days.  I had access to the Sanctuary, but couldn't really use it as I was traveling with a minor, so I was quite upset that the Dome area was also made AO as that pushed most families to the Lido Deck for pool access.

As for Park 19, yes, we asked and they are still awaiting the safety certification as has been posted.

The Dome and Aft area are just now being reported as adult only, they were not previously. The Sanctuary, as of Oct , will only be available to sanctuary cabin guests, no more pay per day.  And Park 19 was announced that it will never open and Princess is rethinking what to do with the area. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2024 at 8:52 AM, FLAlaska said:

The Dome and Aft area are just now being reported as adult only, they were not previously. The Sanctuary, as of Oct , will only be available to sanctuary cabin guests, no more pay per day.  And Park 19 was announced that it will never open and Princess is rethinking what to do with the area. 

So wait... They've completely backflipped from making a new ship appealing to multiple generations to now closing off the only indoor pool and only recreation area (even Sky has table tennis, mini golf and an outdoor basketball court)?

I was planning to take a 12yo on a two week sailing in April but I'm really not sure now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adelaidefc said:

So wait... They've completely backflipped from making a new ship appealing to multiple generations to now closing off the only indoor pool and only recreation area (even Sky has table tennis, mini golf and an outdoor basketball court)?

I was planning to take a 12yo on a two week sailing in April but I'm really not sure now.

As 2 adults, were sailing on Sun in Jan. and weve come to terms with Park 19.

NOT happy about it, but we want to see the ship for ourselves.

But as a Parent, and if we were bringing kids or multi-gen fam?

Me personally, would consider booking a different ship, with tried and true amenities for families.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2024 at 1:52 AM, FLAlaska said:

On Sun Princess now and the Dome is NOT adults only.

The sea view terrace is for 18 + only.

The wake view terrace aft has kids larking about in the infinity pool so clearly not 18+.

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, adelaidefc said:

Personally, I wouldn't cancel . I grew up cruising and we didn't have all the bells and whistles back then and still had a great time. But I understand different times and people want different things.

3 hours ago, adelaidefc said:

The Dome indoor pool is not adults only.

Park 19 area is open with activities. It's the roll glider, ropes course challenge that won't be opening..

The activity area - where they do some organized sports tuff although not an actual sport court like older ship, games like corn hole, giant connect 4 and such, the horizon lean to thing ,etc all there and open. 

Plus the kids club and game room, activities, ports, pools, all the other ship activities, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, adelaidefc said:

I understand how you feel.

All cruise lines are trying to balance all ages and have something for everyone

Honestly if you go on a cruise and do not like kids, stay home.

Honestly for me a solo with no kids, it is the loud adult drunks I try to avoid.  

I think your 12 yr old would like Oasis class on RCI or yes those Disney ships too

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Honestly if you go on a cruise and do not like kids, stay home.

I’m not sure how to get cruise ships to come to people’s homes lol

There are adult cruise lines. No need to be so over the top. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think your 12 yr old would like Oasis class on RCI or yes those Disney ships too

Absolutely. Though I have a disability and find RCI beds so horribly hard they ruin my back. When I cruise from a port I can drive to I pack a mattress topper, but on the Sun we'd be flying to Europe.

He's been on Sky Princess and enjoyed it, but this would be double the duration.

Esprit,  thank you for the update!  I am glad to hear that the Terrace is adults only.

I understand that the Dome is not. 

But I really don't see how kids can be jumping and splashing and swimming in that tiny inside Dome part of the pool, but not cross thru.   I am thinking...  ummm. yeah????

We know how Princess 'enforces' policies.

There are THREE other pools that kids can go to.

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Are there 3? Lido, Wakeview...there's one in sanctuary but no way I'm paying for it.

I was mainly thinking of somewhere indoor to swim/chill as most other lines have for bad weather days (we had nowhere to swim on Sky when it was cold). But I'm not sure the Dome fits that usage in any case.

27 minutes ago, adelaidefc said:

Are there 3? Lido, Wakeview...there's one in sanctuary but no way I'm paying for it.

I was mainly thinking of somewhere indoor to swim/chill as most other lines have for bad weather days (we had nowhere to swim on Sky when it was cold). But I'm not sure the Dome fits that usage in any case.

2 pools on Lido deck, Wakeview pool, and Dome pool (when open). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Esprit,  thank you for the update!  I am glad to hear that the Terrace is adults only.

I understand that the Dome is not. 

But I really don't see how kids can be jumping and splashing and swimming in that tiny inside Dome part of the pool, but not cross thru.   I am thinking...  ummm. yeah????

We know how Princess 'enforces' policies.

Under 18’s are not allowed in the tiny dome section of the pool.

Loungers are limited in number in the dome and so I have rarely seen any kids in there anyway.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Esprit said:

Under 18’s are not allowed in the tiny dome section of the pool.

Loungers are limited in number in the dome and so I have rarely seen any kids in there anyway.

There seems to be a conflict if kids are allowed to use the Dome pool or not. (indoor or outdoor section)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 555 said:

There seems to be a conflict if kids are allowed to use the Dome pool or not. (indoor or outdoor section)

Definitely no conflict to me. I have seen NO kids in that pool whenever I have lounged in the Dome or sat near the Sea View Terrace bar close to the pool the last 11 days.

Edited by Esprit
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Esprit said:

Definitely no conflict to me. I have seen NO kids in that pool whenever I have lounged in the Dome or sat near the Sea View Terrace bar close to the pool the last 11 days.

2 hours ago, Esprit said:

Need I say more!

IMG_8235.jpeg

Well that's good to here. ☺️

• Thanks 1