Live from the Land of Princess

3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Hi Sweetie,

Welcome Home

Have you had a chance to check in with Dad yet?

As always, love and prayers

When I talked to my dad I was telling him about the food on Princess and all the different theme nights. I said that when it was French night they had frog legs in the main dining room.

He laughed and asked, “how many did you have?”

I replied that I took one look at the menu and headed up to the buffet instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Oh yes.

It was because the app merged the two trips. 
When I was on the Island it had my cabin for the Regal and when I was on the Regal it had the ship schedule for the Island. 

While I was writing this trip report I kept it a surprise that the trip wasn’t ending with the Island.

The issue with the app impacted the 60 passengers that did the Island->Regal. It is a problem with the development of the app and not with either ship. 

For me it was a very, very minor inconvenience and wasn’t something that I let impact the trip. 

The next time I travel with Princess I am going to order cheese fries for delivery! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

When I talked to my dad I was telling him about the food on Princess and all the different theme nights. I said that when it was French night they had frog legs in the main dining room.

He laughed and asked, “how many did you have?”

I replied that I took one look at the menu and headed up to the buffet instead.

Glad he has not lost his sense of humor!!!  That is a good thing.

When are you leaving for The Jewel?

I was planning a cruise for late September but I just had to spend $2500 for a new hot water tank and installation.

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

When reflecting on a cruise I find it helpful to start with things that went well:

IMG_2469.thumb.jpeg.b10e515be5a1dcbc0d4cb3a68c8b4c2b.jpegIMG_2470.thumb.jpeg.1464ec17ff36ae16bb3e2292ef64f6db.jpegIMG_2471.thumb.jpeg.4cd0c5cecc64e94c6cc87cf8bc7f65d5.jpeg

I don't think you drank enough...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Now that you're back on dry ground, I can stop navigating to the Princess page for a while.

Those couple extra mouse clicks to jump from the NCL page are exhausting for an old guy.

Thanks for another wild/exhausting/exhilarating trip that I had the honor (honour?) of living vicariously. Looking forward to the next escapade of @YVRteacher(and Dad). 

Still holding out hope that you will be able to book #Schmoopiefest.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

When reflecting on a cruise I find it helpful to start with things that went well:

IMG_2469.thumb.jpeg.b10e515be5a1dcbc0d4cb3a68c8b4c2b.jpegIMG_2470.thumb.jpeg.1464ec17ff36ae16bb3e2292ef64f6db.jpegIMG_2471.thumb.jpeg.4cd0c5cecc64e94c6cc87cf8bc7f65d5.jpeg

Perfect ending. This made me smile and say awwww. Thanks again. (Enjoy your next cruise Ambassador! )

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 1

Thanks for the detailed pictorial report, Yvonne!  I've always enjoyed your NCL reports, and this opened my eyes to the good (and not-so-good) aspects of other lines, in this case, Princess.  I hope things with your father are going well.  I know you said no trip report for the upcoming trip with your dad, but hoping you'll share some of the lighter moments you have with him on these boards.  Hopefully no nakedness in the spa this time around!

Continue your writing if you have the time and desire; it brings joy to a lot of us!

• Like 4

Nuts...I'm not going to get my morning fix for a bit I guess. ☹️

You have really done an outstanding job sharing your voyages. You may be sure that I, for one, will be keeping tabs on you and your future adventures! 

• Like 6

@YVRteacher I’m a quiet observer on cc and rarely post, but I avidly follow your live reviews. It’s been such a thrill to silently accompany you on your journeys this summer. Your ability to draw readers in and make them feel as though they’re right there with you is truly remarkable. Thank you for sharing your adventures!

• Like 13

Yvonne — thank you for such an entertaining and educational “live” review. Your writing and your photos made me feel like I was there! We are long-time Celebrity cruisers who decided to do Princess for my husband’s 80th birthday next September, so I was excited about how well the Island cruise went. We also booked a TA from FLL to Southampton next April, but it’s on the Regal. I hope there is another hotel director on board by that time! We are going to England because my cousin, who is like a sister to me, has dementia and won’t be traveling anymore. I needed a trip to see her and her husband, and taking a ship across the pond seemed like a good idea. Enjoy your Alaska cruise with your Dad! 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Glad he has not lost his sense of humor!!!  That is a good thing.

When are you leaving for The Jewel?

I was planning a cruise for late September but I just had to spend $2500 for a new hot water tank and installation.

I am on the Jewel Aug 19-Sept 2 then back to work Sept 3.

I think you should still go on the cruise! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

I am on the Jewel Aug 19-Sept 2 then back to work Sept 3.

I think you should still go on the cruise! 

I wish BUT I spend $2800 today having a new hot water tank installed.  Do not know if the insurance company will reimburse or not.

First day of school here is Wednesday the 21st of August. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

Yvonne — thank you for such an entertaining and educational “live” review. Your writing and your photos made me feel like I was there! We are long-time Celebrity cruisers who decided to do Princess for my husband’s 80th birthday next September, so I was excited about how well the Island cruise went. We also booked a TA from FLL to Southampton next April, but it’s on the Regal. I hope there is another hotel director on board by that time! We are going to England because my cousin, who is like a sister to me, has dementia and won’t be traveling anymore. I needed a trip to see her and her husband, and taking a ship across the pond seemed like a good idea. Enjoy your Alaska cruise with your Dad! 

Thank you!

I hope you enjoy a lovely transatlantic crossing on the Regal. You are in for a culinary treat (minus the frog legs.)

• Haha 4

A post of gratitude…

Thank for welcoming me to the Princess community here on Cruise Critic. The NCL boards are my virtual “happy place” and I wasn’t sure how to just jump into the Princess threads. What I found was an equally kind, funny, knowledgeable and encouraging group of people. 

You made this a safe space to share my love of cruising and travel through words and photos, offered advice and encouragement, walked the cobblestones and gazed at terracotta chimneys with me. This trip was an incredibly special one for so many reasons, and one really big reason is you.

Thank you!

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2024 at 11:28 AM, YVRteacher said:

Dear Niki-I’m so sorry you and your husband have been so sick. Are you starting to feel better?

Thank you for reading and for sharing in the journey. One day we will cruise together!

Yvonne, thank you so much for your kind concern. We'll be okay. As Dad would tell you, getting old is not for sissies! Glad you made it home safely & looking forward to your next adventure. I would love to cruise with you one day!❤️

• Like 2

18 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I wish BUT I spend $2800 today having a new hot water tank installed.  Do not know if the insurance company will reimburse or not.

First day of school here is Wednesday the 21st of August. 

aside - first day of school here is ... Monday ... the 12th ... of August

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing another adventure with us, Yvonne!  I look forward to your comparison of NCL and Princess and hope that you and your dad have a wonderful trip on The Jewel in another week ❤️

• Like 1

Hi Yvonne. I just wanted to add my thanks for your exceptional review. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment following your travels. Your photos are stunning and your delightful narrative is interesting, informative and entertaining. I can't wait to read another of your reviews. Thanks again and hope you have many wonderful cruises in the future. 🛳️

• Like 1

Yvonne, thank you for your wonderful turn of phrase and the absolute investment in taking us along with you. I have lurked from the beginning and decided to chime in to personally thank you for your boldness and encouragement. We have a cruise planned for November and none of the Princess excursions have appealed. You have shown us we simply need to get out there and explore the wonders of each destination. Again, thank you!

• Like 2

Thanks for taking me along on your trip.  It was a wonderful few weeks following your adventures. I feel bereft now that it is over.

Wishing you a safe, happy cruise to Alaska with your Dad!

• Like 1