Live From the Sky Princess, 21-Day Norway-Baltic B2B, Jul 13 – Aug 3

Would you please tell me if you have seen and heard Asian Soul Band that plays in the Piazza?Also give a review of this band

Thanks 

On 7/4/2024 at 10:38 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

It’s time to start getting ready for our upcoming 21-day cruise on the Sky Princess out of Southampton that includes visiting ports in Norway, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Estonia, and Finland! The last time we cruised to the Baltic was back in 2018 and are looking forward to visiting this part of the world with Princess for the first time!

image.png.5ab5e2bbf5238d8773fc555f0ea18832.png 

7-Day Norwegian Fjords

14-Day Norway, Denmark & Sweden

Date

Port

Arrival

Depart

Date

Port

Arrival

Depart

7/12

London-Heathrow

6:25 AM

7/20

Southampton UK

4:00 PM

7/13

LHR Ship Transfer

10:00 AM

7/21

At Sea

Southampton UK

12:00 PM

7/22

Skagen DE

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

7/14

At Sea

7/23

Copenhagen DE

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

7/15

Bergen NO

12:00 PM

8:00 PM

7/24

Warnemunde GE

8:00 AM

10:00 PM

7/16

Skjolden NO

7/25

At Sea

7/17

Olden NO

7/26

Stockholm SE

8:30 PM

7/18

Stavanger NO

10:00 AM

7/27

Stockholm SE

2:00 PM

7/19

At Sea

7/28

Tallinn EE

7/20

Southampton UK

7/29

Helsinki FI

7/30

Visby SE

7/31

At Sea

8/1

Kristiansand NO

8/2

At Sea

8/3

Southampton UK

9:00 AM

LHR Ship Transfer

11:00 AM

3:55 PM

We have excursions booked where we will visit a few glaciers and waterfalls and some to sites with a little more historical relevance.

image.png.180ffdad68d99eb03fa14a87fd1c54ef.png

Informative Links:

Current Sky Princess Location

Northern Europe Weather

Wildlife in Norway

As always please feel free to follow along, and if you have any questions let me know and we will try to find the answer.

Thank you for doing this Live travelogue thread with photos . As a fellow photo threader ( about 15 years ) we understand how much work it takes to do this and we appreciate you and your effort .

One question , when you did your Baltic cruise in 2018 were you allowed to visit the Crown Jewel of the Baltic , Saint Petersburg ?

3 hours ago, themob said:

Would you please tell me if you have seen and heard Asian Soul Band that plays in the Piazza? Also give a review of this band

Thanks 

We board the ship in Southampton on Friday, and I'll be posting the Patter each evening on my thread. You may be able to determine which bands are playing around the ship from those. Unfortunately, we don't listen to the bands playing at different times around the ship, so I won't be able to give you a review of this band's music. Sorry.

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thank you for doing this Live travelogue thread with photos . As a fellow photo threader ( about 15 years ) we understand how much work it takes to do this and we appreciate you and your effort .

One question , when you did your Baltic cruise in 2018 were you allowed to visit the Crown Jewel of the Baltic , Saint Petersburg ?

Yes, we were there overnight and due to the Nautica's smaller size, we were able to dock close to downtown St Petersburg. Here was our itinerary for that Oceania cruise.

image.png.5c22dea43c0fd234610d095f4a796b76.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

@Ken the cruiserWe'll be joining you for the first leg.  We leave the US Wednesday evening and will spend Thursday/Friday in Southampton.  So looking forward to our first Princess cruise and our first cruise in Europe.

You're going to have a great time! One suggestion since this is your first Princess cruise. If you enjoy going to the early show in the theater, try to get there 20-30 minutes in advance. If you wait until 5-10 minutes prior to the show, it can sometimes be an adventure to find two good seats.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PATRLR said:

@Ken the cruiserWe'll be joining you for the first leg.  We leave the US Wednesday evening and will spend Thursday/Friday in Southampton.  So looking forward to our first Princess cruise and our first cruise in Europe.

us too! We leave Orlando Wednesday night and spend Thursday and Friday at the Moxy Southampton. DH will drive on the wrong side of the road (eek) for us to see Stonehenge and do the SeaCity museum while getting acclimated to the time difference.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Yes, we were there overnight and due to the Nautica's smaller size, we were able to dock close to downtown St Petersburg. Here was our itinerary for that Oceania cruise.

image.png.5c22dea43c0fd234610d095f4a796b76.png

Usually at the English Embankment . We had a Visa and stayed there in an apartment in Spring when Medvedev was the President with no crowds before the cruise ships arrived .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Usually at the English Embankment . We had a Visa and stayed there in an apartment in Spring when Medvedev was the President with no crowds before the cruise ships arrived .

We didn't need a visa since we were on Oceania excursions each day. However, if you wanted to explore on your own, you definitely had to have one. We did have a good time visiting a bunch of museums, to include the Hermitage, as well as various other tourist spots in the area. But at the same time, it doesn't bother us that we're not going back there as we pretty much saw all we needed to see when we were there for those two days.

I was researching various sites that I might refer to when trying to determine what type of wildlife I took photos of! Funny thing, though, I didn't see any references to those very elusive pigeons we keep stumbling across every once in a while! 😂

-  Wildlife in Norway

-  Wild Animals in Denmark

Animals Native to Germany

-  Wild animals in Sweden

-  Finland's wonderful wildlife

-  Wildlife in Estonia

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi Ken, wife, and eventually family.  I am looking forward to all of your wildlife photos.  

Are you staying at the Hilton in/near Terminal 2?  Interested in hearing how "far" a walk it is from your arrival...and all the ins/outs of going through immigration. 

Question for @leah13 (if you don't mind Ken)...I'll also be staying at the Moxy.  Trying to determine if I will need UK adapters or will the room have US outlets.  I do know they have USB ports.

Welcome to Princess.  

14 hours ago, leah13 said:

us too! We leave Orlando Wednesday night and spend Thursday and Friday at the Moxy Southampton. DH will drive on the wrong side of the road (eek) for us to see Stonehenge and do the SeaCity museum while getting acclimated to the time difference.

Edited by cr8tiv1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Hi Ken, wife, and eventually family.  I am looking forward to all of your wildlife photos.  

Are you staying at the Hilton in/near Terminal 2?  Interested in hearing how "far" a walk it is from your arrival...and all the ins/outs of going through immigration. 

Sure. That would be awesome. One can never have too much information. We will be arriving at the International Terminal 3 on July 12th. BTW what cruise are you going on that I’m guessing is leaving out of Southampton too.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

Jumping in on @cr8tiv1 post 

please bring an adapter. There won’t be US sockets in a UK hotel - we’re on 240v electricity & have a standard 3 pin plug. I’d get a multi adapter that has USB and USBC slots in it - my tablet, phone & watch all need USBC. It was fine on Sun Princess, but I needed the extra slots on Sky for my devices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Justpackingmybags said:

Jumping in on @cr8tiv1 post 

please bring an adapter. There won’t be US sockets in a UK hotel - we’re on 240v electricity & have a standard 3 pin plug. I’d get a multi adapter that has USB and USBC slots in it - my tablet, phone & watch all need USBC. It was fine on Sun Princess, but I needed the extra slots on Sky for my devices.

Thanks for the heads up. We found this in our bag of stuff. Will this 2-prong USB adapter work in a UK hotel?

240adapt2.thumb.jpg.58c54405d3daff47c1bfde0fa8a8c523.jpg

240adapt1.thumb.jpg.fd23fd6c1d098ff30997ff5db1b70221.jpg

240adapt3.thumb.jpg.adf2ea528b16a0a223cb9cc7bd28a6f9.jpg

Did some more weather research. Looks like the temperatures will be very comfortable on our first leg with a little rain forecasted at most of the stops in Norway.

Southampton UK (Jul 13)                       Bergen NO (Jul 15)                                  

image.png.83a1bded2a7bd0a8cac8ef8d3da52f01.png

Skjolden NO (Jul 16)                              Olden NO (Jul 17)

image.png.b12b770ae81f4bf75b18564b4579aa2d.png

Stavanger NO (Jul 18)                            Southampton NO (Jul 20)          

image.png.9186e7dbc9d12c9f9cae9849203c1f5d.png

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for the heads up. We found this in our bag of stuff. Will this 2-prong USB adapter work in a UK hotel?

It won’t fit into one of the normal plug sockets, but it may fit a shaver point, but don’t quote me on that!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Justpackingmybags said:

It won’t fit into one of the normal plug sockets, but it may fit a shaver point, but don’t quote me on that!

Thanks! For us inquiring minds, you mind please posting what a “normal” plug socket looks like?

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This will work on the ship if you need to power up your dual voltage devices.  Take it along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here are the regional maps of the Norway ports we will be visiting on the first leg. In the case of Skjolden and Olden, it looks like we will also be cruising through some fjords along the way! 😁

Bergen NO

image.png.f72b8a038787e3a3ed84e33ac3b53b1e.png

Skjolden NO

image.png.0faae17bc455002901408cc3fe4a1e6e.png

Olden NO 

image.png.f24af60328262c35aadd155ba484ae2d.png

Stavanger NO

image.png.2d15a32e36e4ad12ede90748ec3da343.png

• Like 3

Really looking forward to reading along - we’re on the Sky for a 7 day Norway on 3rd August so will be good to see how your first part goes and all the entertainment on board.

We’ve not cruised from Southampton before despite being in the UK - yay for a no fly break!

• Like 1

OK, the household choirs are done, the bags are packed, and we have checked into our flights heading off to LHR for tomorrow morning. So, I guess without further to do, it's time to get this party started!! 🕺💃

• Like 8

On 7/9/2024 at 10:26 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Did some more weather research. Looks like the temperatures will be very comfortable on our first leg with a little rain forecasted at most of the stops in Norway.

Southampton UK (Jul 13)                       Bergen NO (Jul 15)                                  

image.png.83a1bded2a7bd0a8cac8ef8d3da52f01.png

Skjolden NO (Jul 16)                              Olden NO (Jul 17)

image.png.b12b770ae81f4bf75b18564b4579aa2d.png

Stavanger NO (Jul 18)                            Southampton NO (Jul 20)          

image.png.9186e7dbc9d12c9f9cae9849203c1f5d.png

I did this cruise June 4, 2022 on the Sky.  Loved the ports.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

Have a safe flight and a great trip!  Hopefully, we get to meet when you join our December Majestic voyage in January.  🙂

Thanks, and that sounds like a plan! 😀

• Like 1