Meghan Trainor godmother of Utopia

7 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Take a scroll through the future deployment threads. IMO Not many satisfied customers there. More so people looking a sign of things getting better. 

I assume you realize the people who post on CC are a very small percentage of the people who cruise on RCI. Not sure how things could get much better for RCI these days (their debt is a negative) and a LOT of people including me are very happy with the product they currently offer. However, I am not someone who dwells on how cruising use to be in the past. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can remember all the naysayers when Royal added the bigger ships starting with the EX class and then bumping it up to FR and ultimately OA saying there is no way they would fill those ships  yet here we are.

It's VY class. 😄 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

The business model is sound but it leaves out customer satisfaction. With this model there is no place for the loyal cruisers who want to sail on a newer ship with lots of dining choices, on a 10 -12 day sailing to interesting places. 

They are hoping that this demographic will sail on Celebrity 

2 minutes ago, Vibe said:

They are hoping that this demographic will sail on Celebrity 

I agree and if they fully unified the loyalty program and benefits, I suspect a huge percentage would oblige. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I agree and if they fully unified the loyalty program and benefits, I suspect a huge percentage would oblige. 

Problem is if they did that, C&A members would surely lose out on their drink perks, which is the best perk of any of the 3 lines.

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I know this is a risky statement but maybe the age profile of CC is higher (perhaps a lot higher) than general cruise population. A lot of people here talk about having cruised on the older ships. I’m not familiar with them but Sovereign of the Seas was launched almost 40 years ago. 

The CC commentariat has always bordered on geriatric - when she was alive and a CC user, my own mother used to complain about "all these mean old people" LOL. In general, forums tend to attract an older crowd than e.g. social media might.

I think there is room in the fleet for both these short-haul "party ships" - especially for working folks who may find it hard to get the PTO for a 12-day - and for longer experiences. It's never made sense to me to complain about something that isn't bad, just isn't made for me... but that's me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I understand why Royal is doing Utopia for 3/4 nights. They are appealing to young Florida or maybe east coast cruisers.  Most seasoned cruisers don’t want to fly for a 3/4 cruise. They also don’t want to go to the same ports over and over. We are doing it only for the Presidents cruise, otherwise it’d be a long time before we tried the Icon class.  If the economy gets much worse for the middle class family Royal may need to rethink it. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Using Utopia and Wonder for 3/4 days cruises out of Florida is a great strategy in my opinion. I don’t see how this impacts long time loyal customers. If you don’t like short cruises, don’t go on them. RCI literally has over two dozen other ships that give you plenty of options when it comes to cruising on RCI. 

I think just the opposite.  Using both of the new Oasis class ships on short cruises limits the available options for longer cruises in that class, which is my favorite (been on all five).  While I might consider a Quantum class cruise on the right itinerary, I have no interest in the older, smaller ships that Royal now wants to pawn off on the 7+ day cruising crowd.  There's a reason I have three upcoming reservations on Celebrity E Class ships and none with Royal... this!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I understand why Royal is doing Utopia for 3/4 nights. [snip] We are doing it only for the Presidents cruise, otherwise it’d be a long time before we tried the Icon class.

FYI - Utopia is Oasis class, not Icon class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

The business model is sound but it leaves out customer satisfaction. With this model there is no place for the loyal cruisers who want to sail on a newer ship with lots of dining choices, on a 10 -12 day sailing to interesting places. 

Agree, I was looking at Japan cruises for next May and Royals are all 3/4/5 days. So it seems to be a world wide trend.

So we'll probably book either Celebrity or Princess instead.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dadatsea said:

Royal is definitely after a whole different customer cruise demographic than the traditional model I would identify with. If this is what Royals future looks like....count me GONE !

Been going this way for 3 Decades. I first Cruised Royal in the 80's at 20yrs old(Me/Wife) only had 2 others younger then us onboard, no Families and average age was 55. This on the Newest Ship, Sovereign, Cost, $3600 for 2 of us in a tiny porthole Deck 2 OV Cabin. Was a Luxury Cruise back then, had to even change to nicer clothes, no swimsuits/coverups, just to go in Wind Jammer, and they even had Tea Time back then

Edited by ONECRUISER

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

That’s called Celebrity ! I have 4 booked - 3 of which were booked before the Pinith upgrade … so that just icing on the cake 🧁

@sgmn I’m doing b2b Singapore to Japan in March .. I may do a live from over in the X boards  😉 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

I think just the opposite.  Using both of the new Oasis class ships on short cruises limits the available options for longer cruises in that class, which is my favorite (been on all five).  While I might consider a Quantum class cruise on the right itinerary, I have no interest in the older, smaller ships that Royal now wants to pawn off on the 7+ day cruising crowd.  There's a reason I have three upcoming reservations on Celebrity E Class ships and none with Royal... this!

What’s good for RCI and stockholders might not coincide with your preferences (and others as well). Fortunately there are other cruise lines out there like Celebrity, in your situation. I cruise frequently on both RCI and Celebrity, and enjoy both cruise lines. But as I get older I find cruises on Celebrity more and more appealing. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What’s good for RCI and stockholders might not coincide with your preferences (and others as well). 

Perfectly said.

I have noticed many of the 3/4 nighters per diem are significantly higher per person (for example upwards to $30-$50 per night per person) compared to 7 days and longer. Add that up to 2000+ cabins per ship * 25+ ships, increased discretionary spending (more drink packages sold), etc etc  each week for the year... it's a HUUUUUUGE dollar figure.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Whose Meghan Trainer??????????  🤪

classically designated as a One-Hit Wonder (and not of the seas) 

I would have been the Godmother for the cost of one free cruise. My rendition of Tequila wows the crowd everytime. (I as perform a fantastically stirring Hot Butter-Popcorn and also Run, Don’t Walk.) 

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Like 1

She's a well-regarded singer and songwriter, and a middle of the road choice compared to some others. She's really not a one hit wonder. I don't follow her but she seems active in social media/People magazine type stuff that does reach a sizable market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

She's a well-regarded singer and songwriter, and a middle of the road choice compared to some others. She's really not a one hit wonder. I don't follow her but she seems active in social media/People magazine type stuff that does reach a sizable market.

Yeah she has quite a few songs and is popular with millennials (youngest are closing in on 30) who are getting old enough to pay for vacations with their kids. My Gen Z teens are not impressed though and if it wasn't for the possibility of a free cruise, we wouldn't enter.

Good choice for this ship. Her most popular song is “All About That Bass”. I think RCG has done their homework and they know what their target audience is. This thread has been interesting. I think the old saying of “Don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split you”  means a lot. Bye Felicia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

18.5 million followers on Instagram.    
4.8 on FB.   
18.7 million on tic toc 

1.9 million on X.   Twitter 

Mother of 2.   

RC knows what they’re doin.    

everyone has to start to cruise somehow.    

im entered and have no problem cruising with this age group.   

would I pay for the cruise.   Most likely not.   

talk about a great people watching cruise.    Pick me RC.   Lol.  

Edited by Cruise5life
  • Like 3

It’s a gimmick for the launch. Once the ship sails, no one knows or cares anything about the godmother.  Her picture will be on the wall near guest services, but the rest will be a fading memory.  

M

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It’s a gimmick for the launch. Once the ship sails, no one knows or cares anything about the godmother.  Her picture will be on the wall near guest services, but the rest will be a fading memory.  

M

Very similar to Messi on the Icon.  It reaches a new target audience that has millions of followers that is suddenly exposed to Royals newest and best ships.  

• Like 2