Move boarding pass to Google Wallet?

30 minutes ago, al_miller said:

If someone else in your party has an iOS device,

If someone has an iOS device, nothing else is needed as that device can have the SetSail pass for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If someone has an iOS device, nothing else is needed as that device can have the SetSail pass for everyone.

As I said, no, just Android devices.  Trying to do this for an  August cruise. We have another cruise this Friday and will try to get IT to figure it out. (Not everyone on Friday's cruise will have a phone so printed out passes).  This ad is new.  Tried to remove it without luck.

4 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

As I said, no, just Android devices.  Trying to do this for an  August cruise. We have another cruise this Friday and will try to get IT to figure it out. (Not everyone on Friday's cruise will have a phone so printed out passes).  This ad is new.  Tried to remove it without luck.

You can use Inspect Element to remove it if you view on a desktop

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not if the person with the iOS device isn't going on the cruise. I had to use my sister's phone to share the pass.

Edited by al_miller

3 minutes ago, al_miller said:

Not if the person with the iOS device isn't going on the cruise. 

The advice given on CC assumes the most common sense scenarios though folks coming with exceptions happens quite often. 

36 minutes ago, mikefromny said:

I put mine in my Google wallet. Here's how: 1. Take a screenshot of your SetSail Pass (which should actually be enough, but finding it in your photos can be a pain weeks later); 2. Open Google Wallet and click on "+ Add to Wallet"; 3. Choose "Photo" from the list; 4. Click on the screenshot from the list of photo, a screen will come up with the screenshot and will have a "Next" button at the bottom, click that; 5. Enter a pass name and description, especially if you're doing multiple for your group. Then you're done!

Yep- this works as well. even with the ad they keep seeing, enough of the barcode will show when you do this and will import the barcode into your wallet. 

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yes but I've seen people taking time, delaying the line, because their phone wifi isn't working.   Usually just print out.  With plane boarding passes I've begun to put them in the wallet which seems to work even if wifi is out.

This...  ^   for sure.  

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yes but I've seen people taking time, delaying the line, because their phone wifi isn't working.

I think this is more because their brain wifi isn't working.

• Haha 2

Geez...people...just print out the cropped set sail pass(showing the bar code) ...tuck it into your passport.....present at check in...done deal. 

Is that so hard to do???  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Is that so hard to do???  

Yes, if you don't have a printer.  😄

I have my SetSail Pass in the app, my Apple Wallet, OneDrive, and a print out.  I am probably covered.  Oops, I should also save a screenshot in photos.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Geez...people...just print out the cropped set sail pass(showing the bar code) ...tuck it into your passport.....present at check in...done deal. 

Is that so hard to do???  

Agree.  Just thought I'd try something new.  Oh well back to the old way.  No problem. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Yes, if you don't have a printer.

Then take a screenshot of your setsail pass on the website, email/transfer it to your phone.

Honestly I bet you'd have no issue checking in at the pier even without the barcode.

Edited by smokeybandit

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Yes, if you don't have a printer.  😄

I have my SetSail Pass in the app, my Apple Wallet, OneDrive, and a print out.  I am probably covered.  Oops, I should also save a screenshot in photos.

OK...I guess I am an old dinosaur...I still have my 20 year old 29.00 printer from Walmart.  😉 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OK...I guess I am an old dinosaur...I still have my 20 year old 29.00 printer from Walmart.  😉 

Lap top, printer/scanner and landline here. Also a cell phone. Yabba Dabba Doo! 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, doghog said:

Lap top, printer/scanner and landline here. Also a cell phone. Yabba Dabba Doo! 🤣

And I still remember my old "Princess phone".    Now the age is showing!!!   

• Haha 1

I chose to not print ours for our cruise in early June (when all the app drama was happening). Of course the app glitched at check in and one of the reservations no barcode on the setsail passes. We tried closing and reopening and checked everyone in the groups phones. I showed the person checking us in, she said that's weird and typed in the reservation number and got us on our way with the tablet they use. This was in Galveston for Harmony but there was maybe a 1 minute delay caused by this to get us checked in. Onboard everywhere just asked for room number but we had a lunch reservation, so we only went to one bar and the restaurant before rooms were open. I doubt I will print anything next year but will be saving the barcodes on my phone by screenshot before rather than depending on a functional app from Royal.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, island lady said:

And I still remember my old "Princess phone".    Now the age is showing!!!   

I had to use the pay phone as our home phone was a party line. 🤣 Ask Bucky about MARS. 

Edited by doghog

14 minutes ago, scubaslayer said:

I chose to not print ours for our cruise in early June (when all the app drama was happening). Of course the app glitched at check in and one of the reservations no barcode on the setsail passes. We tried closing and reopening and checked everyone in the groups phones. I showed the person checking us in, she said that's weird and typed in the reservation number and got us on our way with the tablet they use. This was in Galveston for Harmony but there was maybe a 1 minute delay caused by this to get us checked in. Onboard everywhere just asked for room number but we had a lunch reservation, so we only went to one bar and the restaurant before rooms were open. I doubt I will print anything next year but will be saving the barcodes on my phone by screenshot before rather than depending on a functional app from Royal.

We never rely on the app in a cruise terminal due to lack of cellphone service.  We put the set sail passes in our apple wallet and also screenshot them, so we can access them with no cellphone service or wifi.  

We have also found that closing the app and reopening it does not solve some of the issues with it.  If you logout of the app, then close it, reopen it and log back in, that fixes a lot of issues in our experience.

29 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We never rely on the app in a cruise terminal due to lack of cellphone service.  We put the set sail passes in our apple wallet and also screenshot them, so we can access them with no cellphone service or wifi.  

We have also found that closing the app and reopening it does not solve some of the issues with it.  If you logout of the app, then close it, reopen it and log back in, that fixes a lot of issues in our experience.

It was weird, our phones were working fine and it looked the same on all 4 phones (android and apple). I even tried logging out and back in and connected one phone to the ship and it didn't fix it. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Next time I will screenshot to have them but I honestly didn't notice there was an issue until my kids showed me there phones and theirs had a barcode. The person at the port said we should see it if we scrolled down but the app wouldn't let that happen. Again this was during the time many of us had to uninstall and change passwords. Definitely have a back up to the app but since a lot of us no longer have a printer, digital shouldn't be an issue. Also it would be nice if Royal IT was just a bit better. I have apps for many companies and none have as many issues as this one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scubaslayer said:

It was weird, our phones were working fine and it looked the same on all 4 phones (android and apple). I even tried logging out and back in and connected one phone to the ship and it didn't fix it. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Next time I will screenshot to have them but I honestly didn't notice there was an issue until my kids showed me there phones and theirs had a barcode. The person at the port said we should see it if we scrolled down but the app wouldn't let that happen. Again this was during the time many of us had to uninstall and change passwords. Definitely have a back up to the app but since a lot of us no longer have a printer, digital shouldn't be an issue. Also it would be nice if Royal IT was just a bit better. I have apps for many companies and none have as many issues as this one.

The app can definitely do some crazy things.  We were on the Serenade, after having been on Anthem the month before.  Our apps were fine on boarding but day 2, I was on Serenade but my DH's app was showing him back on Anthem!  We went to the IT desk but they had closed but the head of IT for the ship heard us talking to Guest Services and asked to see his phone.  She had never seen it show the wrong ship information.  She had us log him out and reset his phone.  That had him back on Serenade.

1 hour ago, doghog said:

I had to use the pay phone as our home phone was a party line. 🤣 Ask Bucky about MARS. 

Oh man...he just told me he is running chills up his back...MARS....  😮