SOFT DRINKS ON THE MENU

At sea days

I asked if they had Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi. They only have Diet Pepsi. They said they could special order it for me but I would have to pay for it. Same answer for Barcardi Gold rum. They only have Bacardi Blanca rum. Was a little surprised and disappointed by the answer but I guess it is understandable as it would be quite difficult to satisfy everyone's tastes.

Unlike virtually all mass-market/mainstream cruise lines, Crystal allows pretty much unlimited quantities of wine, alcohol, non-alcoholic, etc. beverages to be brought onboard by guests at any port without charge. If there are specific beverages that one desires during a cruise that are not typically stocked onboard, they can be brought onboard by the guests. We have friends that routinely bring their own wines onboard to enjoy during meals in Waterside. And other friends that have particular beers and ales that they bring onboard. All served, with the compliments of the bartenders or sommeliers.

Rob

• Like 3

If there is a specific drink you want and it's not on the "menu", talk to your TA an ask that a specific quantity of said drink is put in your stateroom. We were even able to do this with baby food and diapers and other needs. They are very accommodating and you won't have to lug those 6 or 8 packs of drinks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, At sea days said:

Family cruise booked for next year…can anyone tell us if Crystal has Zero sugar 7up or Dr. Pepper on board? Thanks

We drank Sprite Zero, as well as some form of Diet Coke. Didn’t ask for your choices.

15 hours ago, ccbee said:

I asked if they had Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi. They only have Diet Pepsi. They said they could special order it for me but I would have to pay for it. Same answer for Barcardi Gold rum. They only have Bacardi Blanca rum. Was a little surprised and disappointed by the answer but I guess it is understandable as it would be quite difficult to satisfy everyone's tastes.

Very surprising.  We put in a special order for caffeine-free Coke Zero and sugar-free ginger beer a minimum of 30 days before a Regent cruise.  Some has always been waiting for us in our cabin--at no charge.  I would have thought Crystal would be at the same level of service.  We are sailing on our first Crystal ocean out of NYC, so no problem bringing a six-pack of each but somewhat disappointing that we'll need to do so.

I too can only drink non caffeine and also try to get diet non caffeine.  I send in a special request to customer service at least 30 days prior to the cruise and make my request.  I don't ask for a specific brand but provide a list of diet non caffeine sodas that would work.  Also they do carry diet sprite which also works.  They have never charged me for the special request and the includes NC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, loriva said:

Very surprising.  We put in a special order for caffeine-free Coke Zero and sugar-free ginger beer a minimum of 30 days before a Regent cruise.  Some has always been waiting for us in our cabin--at no charge.  I would have thought Crystal would be at the same level of service.  We are sailing on our first Crystal ocean out of NYC, so no problem bringing a six-pack of each but somewhat disappointing that we'll need to do so.

Crystal does the same, see my post above.

A couple of things.

Depending on the item Crystal could charge.  Again it depends what the item being requested is.

Depending on where you are sailing I would give more than 30 days notice. In fact, if you know months before all the better.

If you can be flexible as jssabs was all the better.

And you could arrive to the ship and it didn't make it.

Things happen.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, loriva said:

100% to what Keith said…. The decision of whether there is a charge or not simply depends on the item.  If they could end up with stores of a non-standard item that would be challenging to liquidate, or don’t fit into the cost structure of their standard offerings (not from our perception but from the actual cost from the corresponding distributor for those ports).  All lines play a similar risk assessment, and even if you compared the same items across lines, you’d likely get different results based on the purveyors the lines used in that port on that date.

Vince

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2024 at 10:52 PM, Roland4 said:

I have to chuckle! A good friend drinks caffeine-free Coke Zero Sugar. Her husband calls it "Why Bother"!!!! 😁😁😁

Because I enjoy a Cuba Libre before dinner sometimes AND I like to sleep the night afterwards!  😀😉 DH is one of those people who can drink a regular double expresso and fall asleep five minutes later.  But I'm a no caffeine after 1400 hours person.

Thanks to all for confirming what I hoped was the case.  I'll submit my request soon for our cruise in October.  And if it doesn't appear, we have two port calls in the U.S. where we could purchase what we need.  Or just find something different on board to drink.  Don't think it will be a problem.😀

• Like 2