BOGO Diamond + perk

Like you said, try, worst is a no. 

We have used it for lunch in the past with no issue at all. We did however, go directly to the restaurant to ask.

I do think Another_Critic has the right idea, Really Consistently Inconsistent. Things change all the time, ship to ship, even sailing to sailing, and crew member to crew member. 

It seems to me that Royal would LOVE for you to use your BOGO vouchers for lunch vs dinner....since 50% off a lunch tab is less for them than 50% off a bigger (dinner) bill.  ...but the rule does say dinner...so I guess they have every right to deny lunches if they choose to do that.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

It seems to me that Royal would LOVE for you to use your BOGO vouchers for lunch vs dinner....since 50% off a lunch tab is less for them than 50% off a bigger (dinner) bill.  ...but the rule does say dinner...so I guess they have every right to deny lunches if they choose to do that.

Feel like I have said this a few times in recent days.  On recent cruises, we have had no problem using the BOGO for lunch but you have too book onboard.  May depend upon the ship.

• Like 2

There have been times when the answer was yes and times when the answer was no. No consistency across the fleet. On one ship I was told yes, but only if you pay dinner prices. It would have cost less to buy two lunches than to pay half the dinner price. Made no sense at all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

This has been asked before and one poster has reported on two similar threads recently that they have used it for lunch several times.  They have indicated that in their opinion it is a good value based, as examples, on the lunch menu offerings at both Chops and Giovanni's.  

They may see this thread and my response and confirm...

Edited by leaveitallbehind

42 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

There have been times when the answer was yes and times when the answer was no. No consistency across the fleet. On one ship I was told yes, but only if you pay dinner prices. It would have cost less to buy two lunches than to pay half the dinner price. Made no sense at all. 

Only at RCI, where inconsistency makes perfect sense.

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

This has been asked before and one poster has reported on two similar threads recently that they have used it for lunch several times.  They have indicated that in their opinion it is a good value based, as examples, on the lunch menu offerings at both Chops and Giovanni's.  

They may see this thread and my response and confirm...

Yes, that was me and you have accurately presented my thoughts!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes, that was me and you have accurately presented my thoughts!

I was keeping you anonymous in case you preferred not to be identified.  Figured you would probably see the thread and respond.

42 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Does anyone know... if I'm traveling alone will they let me use the free dinner for myself on a second night? Or is this also RCI?

Yes usually night 1 or 2 and then maybe later. I booked later on allure when a memo went out to tighten it up and allure moved me to night 1 and 2. So it varies. But yes you can use it 2 nights first night you pay full price 2nd night is free. Some ships say as long as you pay night 1 or 2. 

I've done it 4 or 5 times. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve gotten lunch a couple of times. I haven’t figured out a pattern as to which ships will allow it, but it doesnt hurt to ask….and even ask again.  I wanted lunch in Giovanni’s on an Odyssey TA and almost had them giving me the dinner for free, because they wouldn’t budge about lunch. I finally relented and said ok to dinner 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Allure no problem booking izumi sushi set price for dinner as bogo. Harmony they said no. Finally after I pointed out its not listed as a exemption they relented. Also didnt want to give me wonderland also not listed as a exemption.