Infinite Balcony Question

21 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

We're never going to come to an agreement on this, but again... She never gave numbers either of percentage that hates them or what the ratio is. It could be 2 IVs to every 1 regular. It could be the other way. All she said was they are polarizing and they will be adjusting the ratio. Without numbers no one knows how "large" that number is.

Polarizing typically means close to 50/50 in this contest.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mysticbluebmw said:

I’m not even sure re-evaluating means that they will actually make any changes to future builds at all. I believe in choices, so I would like to see a more desirable ratio. That said, I’d probably still choose an IV 😅

I hope it doesn’t appear I’m trying to force my opinions on anyone. We all have our likes and dislikes, and no one is wrong in their opinion. We just like port intensive itineraries and only appreciate the “balcony” briefly in the morning before heading out and briefly in the evening before going to dinner, drinks and show(s).

Definitely not forcing opinions. We are all shaped by our habits and likes and dislikes. I always find arguing about personal likes a bit strange.  If I like to sit on a balcony for 5 hours on a sea day why an I raging with someone that only steps foot on it occasionally?  Totally different experiences.   I do feel that’s where Celebrity failed on the E class in that they left very little pickings for the likes of me and my likes.  A balance would be good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Same furniture on S cabins when Edge came out.

Sorry. All balconies  on S class that we have had up to our last cruise, Reflection in 2023, have had proper high backed chairs with reclining backs. Also large round tables. We always book cabins on the hump, lots of space plenty of room for footstools. We have done many Transatlantic cruises, all bar 1 on S Class ships, and sat out on our balcony every sea day.  Yes it can be chilly but we collect blankets from the Spa Pool Area as soon as we board and return them the last night. If the blankets aren't out just ask and the Pool Attendant will get them for you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

You can see from my signature where we’ve cruised.  NCL was our first in a balcony cabin, and also Viking Ocean and Celebrity.  Celebrity is our favorite because they allow you to pay less for an inside cabin or more for a suite if you feel like it.

Viking Ocean is our least favorite.  Spa was not in 100% working order.  Dining options were limited.  At dinner they could only get 12 people around the table to hear my stories not the 20 I asked for.  If Viking Ocean had a theater and shows it wasn’t very memorable.  I’ve had better food and better service and better entertainment on Celebrity.

The thing I don’t like about Celebrity is that they let just anyone buy into the Retreat.  (Gasp). Why last time I had dinner in Luminae, I was sitting next to a plumber!  That’s it, I’m sailing Cunard next time!!!  😂

good luck with Cunard - the worst cruise experience ever.

How bad?

When the Head Chef and his entourage and made their customary visit to the MDR  to be introduced half of the passengers stood up and booed. That's how bad the food was.🤣 

We have friends who love Cunard and can accept every ship can have "an off day" but for us it was one and done.

14 minutes ago, the penguins said:

good luck with Cunard - the worst cruise experience ever.

How bad?

When the Head Chef and his entourage and made their customary visit to the MDR  to be introduced half of the passengers stood up and booed. That's how bad the food was.🤣 

We have friends who love Cunard and can accept every ship can have "an off day" but for us it was one and done.

One of my many fantasies in my head about why people cruise on Cunard or Regent or Oceania or….

“I cruise on Cunard exclusively so I can tell all my friends at the club about it.”  Adjusts monocle.

No this isn’t jealousy, believe me…..

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

One of my many fantasies in my head about why people cruise on Cunard or Regent or Oceania or….

“I cruise on Cunard exclusively so I can tell all my friends at the club about it.”  Adjusts monocle.

No this isn’t jealousy, believe me…..

no need to be jealous - The QM2 has so many special offers/reductions even at peak periods that they clearly have trouble filling the ship.

2 hours ago, Oville said:

Don’t work for Celebrity and our preference is Retreat cabins.on Edge Class and that is all we sail now.  My views on IVs were simply from our experiences back pre-Covid.  

Your final comment isn’t even funny or clever.  We all know you have never and will not sail in an IV so why not let it go.

I’ll make you a deal.  When you and everyone else stop posting about how wonderful they are, then I’ll stop posting about how they aren’t.  I was taught to answer people when they talk to (quote) me.  So stop replying to my posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

no need to be jealous - The QM2 has so many special offers/reductions even at peak periods that they clearly have trouble filling the ship.

Oh that’s great.  My valet has always wanted to try it.

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

You can see from my signature where we’ve cruised.  NCL was our first in a balcony cabin, and also Viking Ocean and Celebrity.  Celebrity is our favorite because they allow you to pay less for an inside cabin or more for a suite if you feel like it.

Viking Ocean is our least favorite.  Spa was not in 100% working order.  Dining options were limited.  At dinner they could only get 12 people around the table to hear my stories not the 20 I asked for.  If Viking Ocean had a theater and shows it wasn’t very memorable.  I’ve had better food and better service and better entertainment on Celebrity.

The thing I don’t like about Celebrity is that they let just anyone buy into the Retreat.  (Gasp). Why last time I had dinner in Luminae, I was sitting next to a plumber!  That’s it, I’m sailing Cunard next time!!!  😂

Good to know to totally dismiss you.  So you rate people and judge people on what they do. Gasp sitting next to plumber.  And this is not a one off comment from you on judging people btw.  You might think it’s sarcasm etc.  but it’s constant. 2 cousins in my family are plumbers and they make way more than most people on board sailing. What an ignorant stupid statement and judgement 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Good to know to totally dismiss you.  So you rate people and judge people on what they do. Gasp sitting next to plumber.  And this is not a one off comment from you on judging people btw.  You might think it’s sarcasm etc.  but it’s constant. 2 cousins in my family are plumbers and they make way more than most people on board sailing. What an ignorant stupid statement and judgement 

I think you got the wrong end of the stick.  I wasn’t being sarcastic or funny.  I’m quite serious.

I’m a former secretary.  You seem to have completely missed the point which is, a cruise line is not more egalitarian because it costs 5 or 10x as much as Celebrity.  I made the point that Celebrity is open to anyone who can pay for it.  I don’t accept that it makes it an elitist cruise line.

There are plumbers and teachers and doctors and secretaries all over the ship.  Maybe right next to you.  I don’t have a problem eating next to a plumber.  Do they have a problem sitting next to a secretary?

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I didn't see her mention "a large number". She said people love it or hate it and they are re-evaluating the ratio. Not that they're getting rid of them. If it was that "large" a number, they'd eliminate them all together.

Like the ration on Royal?  27% IVs to 63% balconies ...

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

Sorry. All balconies  on S class that we have had up to our last cruise, Reflection in 2023, have had proper high backed chairs with reclining backs. Also large round tables. We always book cabins on the hump, lots of space plenty of room for footstools. We have done many Transatlantic cruises, all bar 1 on S Class ships, and sat out on our balcony every sea day.  Yes it can be chilly but we collect blankets from the Spa Pool Area as soon as we board and return them the last night. If the blankets aren't out just ask and the Pool Attendant will get them for you. 

I didn’t reference S Class rather S Cabins on Edge Class.

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’ll make you a deal.  When you and everyone else stop posting about how wonderful they are, then I’ll stop posting about how they aren’t.  I was taught to answer people when they talk to (quote) me.  So stop replying to my posts.

And I was taught to be polite.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Oville said:

Yep I was too.  But when people make constant stupid statements there has to be and end of it and they need to be told enough.  But then again they still will overall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Yep I was too.  But when people make constant stupid statements there has to be and end of it and they need to be told enough.  But then again they still will overall. 

19 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

On any topic, if it’s negative all onboard 😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

Oh that’s great.  My valet has always wanted to try it.

In which case my advice would be for you to  book a cruise for your valet and stay at home yourself - why should you both suffer? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, kirtihk said:

A 50/50 split with proper (high backed, reclining) chairs and a decent table on the real balconies and we would be happy to try E Class.

7 hours ago, Oville said:

I am probably not going to agree with you on anything.  If you can’t handle disagreement, then you are in the wrong place. 

Your definition of polite seems to be “they agree with everything I say”.

🙄

18 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Disagree - they likely aren't going to release numbers, but a polarized survey is just a trend of all 1's and 10's on the responses.  The numbers are large enough she felt the need to respond, but small enough she didn't feel urgency to respond until they built multiple ships.  It could easily be around 15% - that's still quite a few passenger complaints.  If it were in the range of 50% to 75% of respondents, I think they would have started addressing it sooner.  .

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Your definition of polite seems to be “they agree with everything I say”.

🙄

Do you agree the tiny chairs in cabins are a bad idea?  I think we might all find common ground on that topic  😄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

Disagree - they likely aren't going to release numbers, but a polarized survey is just a trend of all 1's and 10's on the responses.  The numbers are large enough she felt the need to respond, but small enough she didn't feel urgency to respond until they built multiple ships.  It could easily be around 15% - that's still quite a few passenger complaints.  If it were in the range of 50% to 75% of respondents, I think they would have started addressing it sooner.  .

Nothing will change until X introduces a new class of ship to replace M class. Apart from minor tweaks E class will continue as it is.

59 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Nothing will change until X introduces a new class of ship to replace M class. Apart from minor tweaks E class will continue as it is.

I would agree it's likely too late and costly to re-architect the E class.  Hopefully the next class of ship - I don't tend to trust statements until I see it happen - she made statements about solo cabin prices & they haven't changed any.  But since she has commented, they may start trying to address specific complaints - the ability to darken cabin while someone has blinds up(adding curtains), the room getting hot with the window down, etc.  

1 hour ago, TGfromTX said:

Do you agree the tiny chairs in cabins are a bad idea?  I think we might all find common ground on that topic  😄

My problem is in renovated Sky Suites like on Millie, based on pictures and reviews where the chair won’t go under the desk.