Move up

Sorry if this has been asked before I couldn’t find the answer.  

Once the bid has been submitted, how long before you get your result? I know the process says it can be up to 2 days pre cruise but just looking to see what everyone’s experience was.?

thank you in advance!

As per your suggestion.   There is no normal.    You may get your best clue by reading some of the posts on the Move-Up sticky where people report when the submitted price range of bid and if successful or not usually showing the day they were notified.

Most of my upgrades have been about 10 days to 2 weeks prior to cruise but also have received some at 48 hours.    I only bid on Upper Suites from and Upper Suite so they may hold them for possible sale longer.

• Like 4

Like others have said - it varies. If there are a lot of cabins available on your sailing, you'll likely get notice sooner. The one time we were successful we received a notice about 10 days before. 

On 7/17/2024 at 8:18 AM, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before I couldn’t find the answer.  

Once the bid has been submitted, how long before you get your result? I know the process says it can be up to 2 days pre cruise but just looking to see what everyone’s experience was.?

thank you in advance!

Just be warned that the Stateroom you are moved to may be in  a less than desirable location.

Staterooms that go unsold and are made available to the MoveUp  program could be one's smart cruisers avoided.

Once a MoveUp change has been awarded it will probably be impossible to get X to move you to a different Stateroom even in the Same category. That has been My experience.

22 hours ago, D. B. said:

Just be warned that the Stateroom you are moved to may be in  a less than desirable location.

Staterooms that go unsold and are made available to the MoveUp  program could be one's smart cruisers avoided.

Once a MoveUp change has been awarded it will probably be impossible to get X to move you to a different Stateroom even in the Same category. That has been My experience.

Thank you! We will be happy to get a veranda no matter what location.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

If website showing sold out on veranda, concierge and aqua class, Does that mean chances of moving up to those categories are pretty much null and void?

Well if someone cancels or someone moves from AQ to a suite then a chain reaction can happen.  

8 hours ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

If website showing sold out on veranda, concierge and aqua class, Does that mean chances of moving up to those categories are pretty much null and void?

yup.. just happens with cancellations ..if the cancelled cabins are not instantly sold

16 hours ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Not at all.    Each upgrade will set off a chain of open cabins from those upgraded.   e.g. CS to RS will open a CS which if filled with a SS will open a SS ....etc

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not at all.    Each upgrade will set off a chain of open cabins from those upgraded.   e.g. CS to RS will open a CS which if filled with a SS will open a SS ....etc

it does unless there is a waiting list to book

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you get a move up offer more than once?  I didn’t take advantage the first time as we were leaving for a trip. I checked the original link and there are no offers showing. All that’s left are suites.  

1 hour ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Will Celebrity send an email if move up is denied or only if approved?

We've always received an email tellings us our bid was unsuccessful.  These have come as early as two days before boarding up to the morning of boarding.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

Does anyone know if you get a move up offer more than once?

Do you mean recieve an email more than once with the offer?   To the best of my recollection we've only received one email offering a move up.  However, you can always go to this web page and see if you are still eligible for a Move Up.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

• Like 1