Unauthorised Removal

On 7/28/2024 at 6:26 AM, Roel94 said:

I have sleot n robe or use it for a shower before leaving ship. Never had a robe walk away but had  booze fridge locked on another line. I feel you paid fir cabin thru breakfast .like they want you gone before you came back  at night.

What???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I took my bottle of champagne home in an inflatable booze bag and put it in my checked luggage.  I'll make sure to put the champagne bottle in my suitcase before the last night in the future.

4 hours ago, branndie said:

I took my bottle of champagne home in an inflatable booze bag and put it in my checked luggage.  I'll make sure to put the champagne bottle in my suitcase before the last night in the future.

If you feel the need  to take a  bottle home that is the thing to do.  I fully understand that staff have little time to do the changeover from one passenger to another the next morning and this amount of getting ready the night before is understandable.  Along with sorting hangers from the wardrobe etc., within reason.  Sometimes they do go too far, I agree.

• Like 2

The term "Indian giver" is an outdated and offensive phrase that historically referred to someone who gives a gift but then expects it to be returned or taken back. The term originated from a misunderstanding and misrepresentation of Native American gift-giving practices by European settlers.

In Indigenous cultures, gift-giving often involves complex social and cultural protocols, where gifts can have specific meanings and expectations. The phrase is rooted in cultural misinterpretations and stereotypes, and it perpetuates negative and disrespectful connotations.

Using the term today is considered derogatory and inappropriate. It is better to describe the situation more neutrally or accurately without using this term.

• Like 1

I have noticed, and not just on Seabourn, on the last few cruises that housekeeping / butlers want to aggressively prepare for the next guest at the expense of the current one - who may have paid more than the next guest.  Extra hangers disappear 3 days before the end of the cruise, any unopened liquor / wine / beer disappears.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

I have noticed, and not just on Seabourn, on the last few cruises that housekeeping / butlers want to aggressively prepare for the next guest at the expense of the current one - who may have paid more than the next guest.  Extra hangers disappear 3 days before the end of the cruise, any unopened liquor / wine / beer disappears.

Some of my hangers have disappeared and we are on until August 24th!  One of our bathrobes disappeared!  I had to ask for another one.  We had only worn one of them!

• Like 1

Being charitable, it may be that new staff members find it difficult to do everything in the time allowed on changeover day, and try to do as much as they can in advance.  I suppose the only way to stop it is to leave a note maybe on the bed saying please do not take away the hangers,  bottles, whatever, though do not disturb should work.  Did not happen in the 'old days'.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Just wondering why anyone would need to “keep” unused, extra hangers?  Also can’t quite understand lugging home a bottle of cheap champagne?  Is it more of a souvenir?

+1!!!

• Like 1

We have taken a bottle of our favorite liquor off the ship in order to have a before dinner cocktail at our hotel when we are staying in the disembarkation port city. It’s part of the process of weaning ourselves off the great life onboard!

• Like 1

We typically, for reasons unknown, do not drink the bottle of champagne - regardless of quality (not so much IMO) - the first day.  Rather save it for the last day when packing and get some OJ from room service and have mimosas and listen to Andre Bocelli while packing.  In the old days I got a fresh bottle of 1000ml Vodka the last night as I had finished mine earlier - never opened.  Guess I better not want an after dinner drink in my suite the last night.      

Reminds me of the "Great Champagne Debacle of 2012" when they ran out. After discreetly offering those who only drank champagne a (very good) substitute off the reserve list, everyone onboard realised and started ordering champagne. Bottles of the Nicky Fuey were then removed from the suite bar fridges to meet the demand and preserve good supplies. After the ensuing outrage each suite was gifted a bottle from the reserve stocks on debarkation. We had a very nice vintage champagne party onshore. I don't think the hotel director works with the line anymore. (the sanitised version...😁)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, BasandSyb said:

Reminds me of the "Great Champagne Debacle of 2012" when they ran out. After discreetly offering those who only drank champagne a (very good) substitute off the reserve list, everyone onboard realised and started ordering champagne. Bottles of the Nicky Fuey were then removed from the suite bar fridges to meet the demand and preserve good supplies. After the ensuing outrage each suite was gifted a bottle from the reserve stocks on debarkation. We had a very nice vintage champagne party onshore. I don't think the hotel director works with the line anymore. (the sanitised version...😁)

We ran out on sojourn Red Sea November 2015.  It was fantastic. Many nice bottles instead 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The comments on this thread have been most interesting, but I wonder IF any of these comments are evauated by Seabourn and acted upon.   Or perhaps there is no consideration taken as to the comments and what passengers want from their cruise ?.

I know they will never comment on Cruise Critic, which is a pity. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2024 at 4:57 PM, Gourmet Gal said:

Just wondering why anyone would need to “keep” unused, extra hangers?  Also can’t quite understand lugging home a bottle of cheap champagne?  Is it more of a souvenir?

In our case, some of  our things were being laundered by the ship--so there were empty hangers in our closet.  They were the hangers without cliips--for dresses, blouses, shirts and such.   Those were the ones taken away.  NOT a big deal--just a report.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 10:57 AM, Gourmet Gal said:

Also can’t quite understand lugging home a bottle of cheap champagne?

Although I havent done it yet, I could easily make the case if one is disembarking in a remote port where supplies are limited or access to something drinkable might be a challenge.   Lugging home, not so much. 😃

• Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 9:35 AM, highplanesdrifters said:

Although I havent done it yet, I could easily make the case if one is disembarking in a remote port where supplies are limited or access to something drinkable might be a challenge.   Lugging home, not so much. 😃

Agree. I would never lug a bottle of cruise ship wine or champagne home as I don't trust airline baggage handlers. However, I've occasionally taken them to a hotel so that we can enjoy a drink while unpacking. 

• Like 3