CELEBRITY WEBSITE SUCKS!

I have been trying to book Eden on my cruise in October and for days it will show me dates and times but no matter what I pick it will not add it to my cart. I assume it is not really available, so don’t show it then.

• Like 1

I'm just trying to make everything easy-peasy for when DM and I embark next Monday.  It's her first Celebrity cruise and I must confess, I want to impress.

I asked her if she wanted to splurge on facials...her knee jerk response was, "Oh no...we don't need to spend the money."  Like I care about the money.  A few days later she said, "Do you think there's still time to book those facials?"

There isn't much I won't do to make this a great trip for her...if only Celebrity would cooperate!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I thought you could purchase Spa tratements but could not book them until onboard.  Have I been mislead? 

Yes.  Just booked two online for specific times.

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I thought you could purchase Spa tratements but could not book them until onboard.  Have I been mislead? 

IDK, DK...I thought there was a menu of spa treatments on line.  Are you telling me I've had a tantrum for nothing?

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes you have been.  I book spa treatment before boarding .  

• Thanks 1

Just now, DaKahuna said:

you can pre book and then must  pre pay  ahead of the cruise just like excursions or dining...use credit card or OBC. Prices req pre pay of the mandated Grat as well..

it's in the Cruise Planner..a bit of a hard to find spot but my spouse has been able to locate it after being  frustrated. 

There are slots with various  discounts but not many or prime times! Still..I do the best I can to save  a few dollars and pick the slots I prefer.   Now I  just get a basic facial and massage b/c  prices have increased!

Note that if you buy products, they also tack on the mand grat..better prices/ samples/ free shipping on line!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, hcat said:

you can pre book and then must  pre pay  ahead of the cruise just like excursions or dining...use credit card or OBC

4 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Yes you have been.  I book spa treatment before boarding .  

Thank you both.

This is one of the things I love about Cruise Critic -- learn somethine new almost every day. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

Yes,  but how do you like the turndown chocolates? 🤣

I don't love the chocolates, per se, as I think MSC's are night and day better, but I love the fact that I get  the chocolates.  I have quite the collection of uneaten Celebrity chocolates.  I let people think it's all about will power but between me and my CC friends, I just don't like them..shhh, don't tell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I'm just trying to make everything easy-peasy for when DM and I embark next Monday.  It's her first Celebrity cruise and I must confess, I want to impress.

I hope you and your mom have a great cruise!

• Like 1

It is sadly amusing. Our first Celebrity cruise was in 2002 and on subsequent Celebrity cruises, there were difficulties with the website. My theory is that they hire tech people who got Cs and the other mistake is they didn't send them all on a cruise so they would have a clue. We haven't cruised since 2017 and I naively thought they would have fixed the recurrent issues by now. 

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

We finally booked a cruise is 2025 for our 60th anniversary. Our first cruise was for my husband's retirement from teaching with family and friends. I've enjoyed them all for various reasons and had a few issues along the way. Nevertheless it is great to be at sea and enjoy the time, the sea air, and the freedom from responsibility.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bbappel said:

We finally booked a cruise is 2025 for our 60th anniversary

Can’t think of a better way to celebrate such an awesome milestone!  I’d love to say I’ll make it to my 60th anniversary but that would make me 97 y/o and DH an even 100!  I guess it could happen 😊. Congratulations!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Can't book spa treatments because I'm locked out.  Had to vent.  That is all.

I will bookmark this rare event...a @Georgia_Peaches  vent!!

Perhaps I could market an NFT of it!! 

Can we get together over lunch (preferably on the Apex or Ascent) to discuss the financials??

Hoping you and DM have a great cruise!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Georgia_Peaches said:

Can’t think of a better way to celebrate such an awesome milestone!  I’d love to say I’ll make it to my 60th anniversary but that would make me 97 y/o and DH an even 100!  I guess it could happen 😊. Congratulations!  

We were babies. I wasn't even 21 yet. There is this to be said for young marriage. 

• Like 5

I really don't get why ALL the cruise lines have such crappy websites and IT. Absolutely mind-boggling. I can't think of any other industry that is run with such a garbage infrastructure.

• Like 1

Funny never have had issues with web site yes locked out here and there which was my fault on the trouble shooting    Mainly because certian web browsers really suck and lock me out of lots of things.   Always easy to blame the other than yourself just saying.