setsail pass?

do i need to print out a setsail pass to board the ship or is the one on my phone ok. Having trouble getting my printer to print them for some reason. thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, kilndude said:

do i need to print out a setsail pass to board the ship or is the one on my phone ok. Having trouble getting my printer to print them for some reason. thanks in advance.

Its not required, but keeps the line moving faster. For people like me to show my set sail pass on my tablet, I have to enter a code and it opens and show that page.

They want to see it to tell you sometimes which line to get into. It's faster to hold up a piece of paper but if you cant print it, showing it works sure.

Right now my setsail pass has an ad, to buy a gift card  covering the bar code. If you slide it up to show the bar code you lose your name.  There is no way to get rid of the ad.  I've reached out to Royal. Spoke to someone and sent them a photo.  Haven't heard anything.  In the meantime I've printed out the ones from online.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, kilndude said:

No.  The one on the phone, along with the proper boarding documentation, is all you need.  We haven't printed setsail passes in several years. If you want to print one out as a backup that's fine, but it's not necessary for boarding.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Right now my setsail pass has an ad, to buy a gift card  covering the bar code. If you slide it up to show the bar code you lose your name.  There is no way to get rid of the ad.  I've reached out to Royal. Spoke to someone and sent them a photo.  Haven't heard anything.  In the meantime I've printed out the ones from online.

Wow. That's odd - never had that issue.  Doesn't sound legit as RCCL related.  Hope you get it resolved.

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That's odd - never had that issue.  Doesn't sound legit.  Hope you get it resolved.

Showed to a tech guy on the Navigator last week who dealt with apps, not the voom people. We also gave him a picture.  He had no idea.  The ad was on the last cruise, 7/12, and is on the next 2, 8/10 & 8/22.  Annoying.  Found it when I went to do a screen shot before the 7/12 cruise. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Showed to a tech guy on the Navigator last week who dealt with apps, not the voom people. We also gave him a picture.  He had no idea.  The ad was on the last cruise, 7/12, and is on the next 2, 8/10 & 8/22.  Annoying.  Found it when I went to do a screen shot before the 7/12 cruise. 

Is everything else related to the pass and the app in tact?  I am far from any sort of a tech person but wondering if your smartphone or something related to the app was hacked to result in that.  Just saying as I've never heard of that before and it just sounds really weird. Again, I hope you get it worked out.

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Is everything else related to the pass and the app in tact?  I am far from any sort of a tech person but wondering if your smartphone or something related to the app was hacked to result in that.  Just saying as I've never heard of that before and it just sounds really weird. Again, I hope you get it worked out.

The rest of the pass and app are in tact.  It's an ad from Royal to buy a gift card.  No "X" to click to get rid of the ad.  On my dh's phone also. Doesn’t affect anything else.  Annoying. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

The rest of the pass and app are in tact.  It's an ad from Royal to buy a gift card.  No "X" to click to get rid of the ad.  On my dh's phone also. Doesn’t affect anything else.  Annoying. 

I have also never heard of any type of ad from RCCL pushing the purchase of a gift card.  In particular interfering with a setsail pass.  I don't think this is legit RCCL information.  JMO.

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I have also never heard of any type of ad from RCCL pushing the purchase of a gift card.  In particular interfering with a setsail pass.  I don't think this is legit RCCL information.  JMO.

Don't disagree but still haven’t gotten rid of it.  It would be simple for Royal to just tell me that.

• Like 1

I don't have a printer anymore, but I copy the SetSail Passes + the luggage tickets to a word processing form, then I have it printed at the UPS store.  I forget what it costs, but it's something like twenty cents per page. 

I like having the printed items in hand.  Seems easier.  

44 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Partially solved the problem.  Changed the font, made it smaller, and the bar code now shows.  Of course everything else on my phone is smaller. 

On 7/26/2024 at 12:59 PM, kilndude said:

The short answer is no.   But . . . in the event something happens to your phone, you will be very happy if you have a hard copy.

We always save ours to our Apple Wallet as a back up but we print a hard copy to show at the terminal.  

It never fails we get behind a family of 5-6 and only one person has all documents on their phone.  We are always waved around by the terminal worker and breeze right through….😎

4 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We always save ours to our Apple Wallet as a back up but we print a hard copy to show at the terminal.  

It never fails we get behind a family of 5-6 and only one person has all documents on their phone.  We are always waved around by the terminal worker and breeze right through….😎

Yep.  Been there,  especially during covid when people were looking for their negative test rexults and vaccine cards, and it's why we are prepared 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Yep.  Been there,  especially during covid when people were looking for their negative test rexults and vaccine cards, and it's why we are prepared 

That was brutal. All the overcommunication on needing them, yet people still had them buried at the bottom of their bags upon check in.

7 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

I always save ours to Apple Wallet too, but I also always use the passes in the wallet at the terminal. It literally takes a split second to swap between passes and they have always worked/scanned correctly. I have seen just the opposite of you, port employees having trouble scanning paper copies. I always assume it is a printing related issue, but I never wait to find out. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 2:19 PM, njkruzer said:

Two ways to print - print the web page from browser and you get weird formatting and sometimes ads.  Or click the tiny "print" link near the bottom of the blue box.  This opens a clean page to print without all the junk.  I save that as a PDF for the phone, as well as carry a printout.