Current update needed for Crown Lounge on Liberty of the Seas

I am  on the Liberty shortly- first time for that ship  and also first time as a Diamond.  Does anyone know the hours  for the Lounge? is there a chance the hours could be restricted ( this is a  Bermuda   cruise).  Do they really restrict access to  only Diamond cruisers?  Any info appreciated. 

1 minute ago, elizabethbp said:

Does anyone know the hours  for the Lounge? is there a chance the hours could be restricted ( this is a  Bermuda   cruise).  Do they really restrict access to  only Diamond cruisers?

The lounge is open 24/7. Restrictions, if any, would be during the afternoon happy hour and that would depend on the number of D+ and up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elizabethbp said:

I am  on the Liberty shortly- first time for that ship  and also first time as a Diamond.  Does anyone know the hours  for the Lounge? is there a chance the hours could be restricted ( this is a  Bermuda   cruise).  Do they really restrict access to  only Diamond cruisers?  Any info appreciated. 

Biker  just posted the info.. Diamond, Diamond plus and pinnacles only access it with your sea pass card, so that excludes anyone not allowed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Happy hour is typically 5 to 8.  They serve hors d'oeuvres and drinks.  Vouchers must be used for any drinks, besides tap water and self-serve coffee.  You can use your 4 "Diamond" vouchers at any bar or dining venue on Liberty.

The Crown lounge is open 24 hours, serving continental breakfast in the morning and snacks mid day.  The self-serve coffee machine is usually available from around 7 am to 10 or 11 pm (times vary).

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Depending on the number of Pinnacles onboard the Crown Lounge is not available to D or D+ during Happy Hour. 

I don't recall ever hearing that D+ were banned during happy hour.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Depending on the number of Pinnacles onboard the Crown Lounge is not available to D or D+ during Happy Hour. 

What ship(s) restricted D+ during Happy Hour? I have heard and experienced first hand Ds not being allowed in the lounge during Happy Hour. But I have never heard of D+ being denied access. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What ship(s) restricted D+ during Happy Hour? I have heard and experienced first hand Ds not being allowed in the lounge during Happy Hour. But I have never heard of D+ being denied access. 

No ships have blocked Diamond Plus's from entering Crown Lounge during HH. As you correctly stated, sometimes Diamond level cruisers may be blocked during HH if the number of Pinnacles AND Diamond Plus exceed a certain number. Why people have to spread false information is beyond me. 

Edited by TYMAN
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think it was a misstatement by the poster.  Nobody here has reported to my knowledge that D+ have ever been restricted.  If so, no doubt we would hear the screaming!😲

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TYMAN said:

No ships have blocked Diamond Plus's from entering Crown Lounge during HH. As you correctly stated, sometimes Diamond level cruisers may be blocked during HH if the number of Pinnacles AND Diamond Plus exceed a certain number. Why people have to spread false information is beyond me. 

It has happened to us twice on Navigator. D and D+ were allocated the Cosmopolitan Club for the full sailing. Pinnacles only during happy hour.  The result was almost empty Cosmopolitan club that looked like this every night. Felt sorry for the many guests that were turned away it was a private party for D and D+. At the time we had been D+ for many years

IMG_5349.thumb.jpeg.e17d5ef45bbbc774338037da3605dd99.jpegIMG_5350.thumb.jpeg.c6d4914d12e4dd4901922de0bc6a2a0b.jpeg

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

It has happened to us twice on Navigator. D and D+ were allocated the Cosmopolitan Club for the full sailing. Pinnacles only during happy hour.  The result was almost empty Cosmopolitan club that looked like this every night. Felt sorry for the many guests that were turned away it was a private party for D and D+. At the time we had been D+ for many years

How long ago on Navigator? I haven't run into that--and now that the Crown Lounge (Diamond Lounge) in down in the dark corner on deck 5, I've not seen it be busy.  I'd happily be 'allocated' the Cosmopolitan Club as a replacement location. Was this during the return from Covid when they drastically limited the  amount of people?   

The Crown lounge was ok but for drinks on our last two Liberty cruises, we preferred the bartenders at Olive or Twist, right outside. They always made the best drinks.

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

How long ago on Navigator? I haven't run into that--and now that the Crown Lounge (Diamond Lounge) in down in the dark corner on deck 5, I've not seen it be busy.  I'd happily be 'allocated' the Cosmopolitan Club as a replacement location. Was this during the return from Covid when they drastically limited the  amount of people?   

End of 2021 and summer of 2022. I know we needed masks for the 2021 cruise but I think they just dropped the masks for the second cruise.  I do remember the 2021 cruise on Navigator had about a total of 650+- guests. I could easily be off by a year on both dates. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

End of 2021 and summer of 2022. I know we needed masks for the 2021 cruise but I think they just dropped the masks for the second cruise.  I do remember the 2021 cruise on Navigator had about a total of 650+- guests. I could easily be off by a year on both dates. 

I think that is why D+ weren't allowed.  Until they dropped the social distancing, they only allowed a fraction of the normal amount of people.  That's different than what they are doing now. If they are above a certain threshold of Pinnacles and D+, then the Crown Lounge doesn't allow diamonds during the appetizer happy hour, but Diamond can come in any other time without restriction. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle1947 said:

How do they restrict the access for Diamonds? Do they have some one checking sea pass cards at the door? If you are aready in there do they ask you to leave at 5?

They have someone checking seapass cards at the door during happy hour and they do check cards of people already inside prior to HH.

2 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

They have someone checking seapass cards at the door during happy hour and they do check cards of people already inside prior to HH.

UGH.  Can you imagine the unlucky person who gets to be the lounge police in this situation ?  That must be a horrible, horrible job.

2 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

I can see this causing upset if you are Diamond and are asked to leave at 5pm.

• Like 1