🦙Live from Utopia 🦙- Sailing with Daryl 🦙8/2-8/5 🏰with bonus feature of a week at Disney Parks post cruise🏰

This sailing was remarkably smooth, and no one had issues with sea sickness. 

Our grandkids loved cruising, and they are already talking about going again, but for a longer time. 

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Thanks for your great review. That sure did fly by quick. 

Is that it for vacation all together or are you staying on in Florida to extend the vacation?

We are staying on in Florida for a week, so this report will stay live for a while longer.  

• Like 12

It appears we have arrived.  The tugs are pushing us to the pier. 

IMG_2386.thumb.jpeg.5e0f23e40aa83462fd33c0b46c6c1b94.jpeg

IMG_2387.thumb.jpeg.820c97a8ec1238df12534f3994048c9c.jpeg

Florida appears to be a mess, but it is calm and not raining at the moment. 

IMG_2388.thumb.png.21d32ac8626a17c8c42f4b423ae59d85.png

• Like 5

Watched the docking on the camera this morning. The wind is blowing against the ship as they tried to "push" it just using the thrusters, It was a stalemate, ship would not move into place. Tugs came over and helped push her in that last 10 yards or so.

She was tied off shortly after 6 AM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, I didn't realize the cruise was ending today.

I wonder why they used tugs to dock today? Is it windy?

It was calm on our balcony, but I guess we are on the leeward side. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is it windy?

With Debbie in the vicinity they were probably playing it safe after what happened at Port C that squall came and  all h e ll broke lose on Allure.

When we were in Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago, I watched a guy pick up a cigarette butt and light it.  Maybe the five second rule doesn’t apply there.  

Wondering if there is a five second rule in Florida for this that I found in the hallway. 

IMG_2390.thumb.jpeg.babc6656e23f27a050a76734bfa9a2e8.jpeg

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Daryl is feeling a little deflated this morning. 

IMG_2389.thumb.jpeg.76b5ccb4b7376f2629064ffb1aa6cabb.jpeg

PRICELESS!  Farewell all and Daryl, please come again!  Off to book our parking at the airport! Its been great!  THX

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When we were in Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago, I watched a guy pick up a cigarette butt and light it.  Maybe the five second rule doesn’t apply there.  

Wondering if there is a five second rule in Florida for this that I found in the hallway. 

Lots of guys use that for..........😲

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

With Debbie in the vicinity they were probably playing it safe after what happened at Port C that squall came and  all h e ll broke lose on Allure.

I didn't hear about that. What happened?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Gross.

• Haha 2

We took our time and walked off the ship.  The one time we use the elevator is to get our luggage from deck 6 to deck 5.  We used to have to do the go up to go down, but with the new elevators you can’t do that.  The first one to show up was packed, so we had to call for another.  That one had room. 

Since we had waited till after 8:30, there wasn’t much of a wait in the birth certificate line.  

We were off, and in our ride by 9. 

• Like 8

We are off to see the Mouse.  

We parted ways with our daughter and her family.  They are going to the beach for the week, and we are taking our California grandson to the Disney parks. 

They got an Uber to their VRBO, and we got one for our destination.  It was only about a four minute wait for each of us. 

I will be curious to see if any of my Disney planning pays off, or if I will simply ditch those plans and wing it.  Who knows what effect hurricane Debby will have on plans.  Could be an adventure. 

We booked our week at Disney Parks at the end of January.  I mean, it would be crazy to fly to Florida for just a 3 day cruise.  Our home for the Disney week will be at the Wilderness Lodge.  

IMG_2395.webp.897991ed483de79210d35c5c8bbbe9b3.webp

• Like 23

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We finished off our night with a round of drinks at the Pesky Parrot.  For a new venue, we usually didn’t have a problem finding seats.  

Were the drinks better than your first night with their Zombie?

Wow that cruise went by way too fast. Thanks for taking us along and doing a great job as usual.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We are off to see the Mouse.  

We parted ways with our daughter and her family.  They are going to the beach for the week, and we are taking our California grandson to the Disney parks. 

They got an Uber to their VRBO, and we got one for our destination.  It was only about a four minute wait for each of us. 

I will be curious to see if any of my Disney planning pays off, or if I will simply ditch those plans and wing it.  Who knows what effect hurricane Debby will have on plans.  Could be an adventure. 

We booked our week at Disney Parks at the end of January.  I mean, it would be crazy to fly to Florida for just a 3 day cruise.  Our home for the Disney week will be at the Wilderness Lodge.  

IMG_2395.webp.897991ed483de79210d35c5c8bbbe9b3.webp

Enjoy the Mouse.  Hopefully Debbie is out of your way by tomorrow and leaves some slightly cooler temps in her wake.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Dinner was in the MDR, because we had two shows booked.  

lamb

IMG_2353.thumb.jpeg.d7f97286ec11d0e74926d263c787523d.jpeg

and chocolate brownie

IMG_2354.thumb.jpeg.d9ca1e6d7420f1b236a937a643bf82db.jpeg

I haven’t eaten in mdr in many years , mostly speciality in suite but food in your pictures looks really good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Were the drinks better than your first night with their Zombie?

Wow that cruise went by way too fast. Thanks for taking us along and doing a great job as usual.

I tried a painchiller and a taste of the tropics.  Wasn’t overly impressed with either, but they were better tasting than the zombie. The kids had NA drinks of strawberry, mango, and I forget the other, but only the strawberry was any good to them. 

Yeah, 3 days are not enough. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Since we had waited till after 8:30, there wasn’t much of a wait in the birth certificate line.  

The ship collects and then holds onto the kids birth certificates until the cruise is over?

• Like 1