1st Time - RC Allure or go a bit smaller?

Never cruisers here, planning a 2026 Caribbean trip, balconys so we can 'unpeople' if needed 🙂 

I know most people complain before they praise, but getting nervous about the griping surrounding crowds, meals etc on the RC Oasis size ships.

1/2 the group will love all the big ship activities, the other 1/2 may be  overwhelmed. I'm hoping our 1st cruise will lead to many more, vs a 1 and done. 

Besides Disney, if an Oasis class seems too big, can you recommend another line/ship that would provide lots of entertainment especially for the kids/teens as well as good food/drinks and activities for the adults?  And why?  

TIA!! 

I am a fan of big ships like allure because of the entertainment, lots of food choices, since it’s a large ship I normally don’t find it that crowded. Second favorite would be celebrity E class good entertainment but much smaller.

I am not a fan of doing the biggest first.  Go smaller and first timers will not miss what they have never known.  Royal has a class of ships that are smaller than Oasis class, Quantum class, but still huge.  And at least two classes smaller, but still big.  The smaller you go the fewer attractions for the kids.  Go to cruisedeckplans.com and explore the ships of the different classes.  I do realize departure port may play a role in your choices…can you drive to the port, or do you need to fly?  Itinerary?  How about mobility issues?  Ships are huge these days, and getting from your cabin to a food venue or entertainment can be a lot of steps.  EM

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3senufMom said:

Never cruisers here, planning a 2026 Caribbean trip, balconys so we can 'unpeople' if needed 🙂 

I know most people complain before they praise, but getting nervous about the griping surrounding crowds, meals etc on the RC Oasis size ships.

1/2 the group will love all the big ship activities, the other 1/2 may be  overwhelmed. I'm hoping our 1st cruise will lead to many more, vs a 1 and done. 

Besides Disney, if an Oasis class seems too big, can you recommend another line/ship that would provide lots of entertainment especially for the kids/teens as well as good food/drinks and activities for the adults?  And why?  

TIA!! 

Lots of people cruise Oasis Class ships for their first cruise.  Personally, I think you'll be just fine.  However, if you're nervous about it and would like to look smaller, but still want great entertainment and activities, consider RCI Quantum or Freedom Class ships.  

• Like 1

IMNSHO, the Allure is a great choice.  Royal did a great job with Oasis ships, though they are large, they never feel crowded.  There are many activities to suit everyone.  And, they have Mamma Mia - which for us is always a highlight. 

• Like 1

Allure is one of our all time favorite ships.  You will enjoy her. It was only the two of us and I never felt crowded.  Now given that, we don't like to be right down at the pool.We always go one level up and head to the shows about 1/2 early.

• Like 1

Allure, and all Oasis Class ships, were designed for multi-generational cruising...there are things to do for all ages.

We love the Allure and we are genuinely looking forward to sailing her again April of 2025. She is scheduled for dry dock and will be "Amped Up" before our sailing.

A few things will be added: A dry slide (The Abyss), cabanas and resort sryle pool decks, The Perfect Storm waterslides, Splashaway Bay, Pesky Parrot Bar, Lime and Coconut Bar...new restaurants(to this ship): Playmakers, Mason Jar, and El Loco Fresh...the Escape Room, Glow-in-the-dark Laser Tag. Also adding the Ultimate Panoramic suites, updated kids and teens spaces.

Happy sailing!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 7:11 PM, bonsai3s said:

Allure, and all Oasis Class ships, were designed for multi-generational cruising...there are things to do for all ages.

We love the Allure and we are genuinely looking forward to sailing her again April of 2025. She is scheduled for dry dock and will be "Amped Up" before our sailing.

A few things will be added: A dry slide (The Abyss), cabanas and resort sryle pool decks, The Perfect Storm waterslides, Splashaway Bay, Pesky Parrot Bar, Lime and Coconut Bar...new restaurants(to this ship): Playmakers, Mason Jar, and El Loco Fresh...the Escape Room, Glow-in-the-dark Laser Tag. Also adding the Ultimate Panoramic suites, updated kids and teens spaces.

Happy sailing!

Thank you. We went ahead and booked an 8 day Caribbean on the Allure after the dry dock!  Very excited 🙂

• Like 1