Shops ֶand merchandise on the new Crystal

whoopie

I m debating buying a windbreaker jacket to take on my upcoming Crystal Cruise. However, if they have Crystal logo windbreakers for women at a reasonable cost, that would be even better.  Does anyone know if the shops carry that? All details will be appreciated.

Someone who is on now would know better.  On our last Crystal cruise I did see a windbreaker for women but that was early this year.

However, if you really want to bring a windbreaker that is what I would do because when you sail they might not have one, or what they have might not be in your size. or the price you desire. I found the size choices very limited for those items I had an interest in and if you are looking for and if you are looking for a reasonable price you can do better on land IMHO>

I continue to believe that guests would have a big interest in logo ware but for whatever reason what is sold is not very extensive and the quality of some of it is not to my liking particularly the way some of the logo items are sewn on. I can only assume that the profit for the vendor who runs this concession is not in this type of merchandise or else I would think they would a more extensive collection of items.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

yes, i agree with Keith.  I was very disappointed in not finiding very much logo merchandise for men on the symphony that was appealing to my taste.  hopefully they will improve their selections and quality if enough people complain about it.  but then as keith said, the quantity of sizes may not be available when your on the  ship.

• Like 3

I would suggest bringing it also because you might want it for sailaway before the shops ever open.

If you have one that isn't so great that you could donate if you find one that might also be a possibility.

Roy

• Like 3

We were on Serenity 2-9 July,  Not much in the shops that I recall re: windbreakers.  Also very little Crystal branded merchandise.  We did find a couple of nice shirts to burn our OBC and two coffee mugs with indigenous art.  I’d bring what you have IMHO.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, May B said:

When has anybody ever seen anything in a shop on a cruise ship that could be remotely considered reasonably priced?

During the time of OC I bought several things at 50% off that then was what I thought was a reasonable price, but hardly a "deal"!

Patty

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, May B said:

When has anybody ever seen anything in a shop on a cruise ship that could be remotely considered reasonably priced?

On the evenings when there isn't a comedian scheduled for the Galaxy, I stroll through the shops and look at the prices.

Hey, gotta get my laughs somehow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

During the time of OC I bought several things at 50% off that then was what I thought was a reasonable price, but hardly a "deal"!

Patty

I should have said, until they go on sale. 😁

• Like 1

I always find it interesting that back when Crystal operated the shops in-house (back when my parents walked up hill both ways to and from school), they had a whole shop dedicated to Crystal-branded merchandise and Crystal-related memorabilia (like the Guy Buffet Bistro sets)…. But every vendor since then that’s operated the shops has barely had any logo items at all.  I get the dual mission of Crystal’s logo shop, and that logo items aren’t the highest yielding items to sell, but the off-balance swing is REALLY extreme.  …Especially when you consider the current vendor sells tons of logo items on other ships.  

Vince

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Worldtraveler22 said:

Bring it with you, you might want to wear it on the plane.  Are you in Alaska?  There are cheap jackets available in Ketchikan:)

And at just about every stop in SE Alaska.  Along with sweatshirts of every type.  Almost as prevalent as Ulu knives and stuffed bears.

• Like 1