The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 7th, 2024

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jacqui @kazu sending another prayer that you begin to feel more like yourself and put an end to this queasiness.  Sleep can't hurt!  Love the photos of the flowers!

DD sent me some photos of her latest celebration tree, Back to School, but a couple disappeared from my phone.  Here's what I have left.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I love the decorations...the pencils, rulers, books, scissors, school bus, and the darling ABC garland which looks like a ribbon.

I can't see her closeup photo of the blackboard decoration anymore so cropped it from the first photo.  Not a great pic but maybe you can read it.

DD is busy preparing for the school year which begins next week.  Unfortunately she's been having more foot pain and was just diagnosed with Capsulitis.  She will have to wear a boot and take steroids (a big weight gainer for her and it's only 51/2 weeks until her daughter's wedding) 😢.  Next will probably be cortisone shots and orthotics.  What a bummer!

Your daughter's tree always looks unique and awesome.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Ah, Portimao. We were there in 2009 on the Prinsendam. We didn't do a tour and just walked around the lovely small town. We also had a wonderful fish lunch. When we walked in, we saw that Frank Buckingham, port lecturer (what a character) was also dining there, so thought it must be good. He knew everything about every port! I'd like to visit here again someday.

We don't have a lot of pictures and our cameras are much better these days than they were then, so some pix may not be as clear as I would like. 

And I must agree with the packaging, particularly at a certain big box store where things are packaged in bulk!

Picture001.thumb.jpg.8ae6a115fd9fe5236ff2d3a4e6845013.jpg

Picture003.thumb.jpg.28b77c86753f57373050277ddca85cdf.jpg

My favorite......

Picture012.thumb.jpg.f5fe96e4f7a63eb7b905bec3b5f9c959.jpg

Picture016.thumb.jpg.1724e587c114a25473773c8c2dc9b99b.jpg

Picture023.thumb.jpg.7005339bbc77ce9ceb25d5344c9e6ab9.jpg

Picture031.thumb.jpg.8715a590083abe941b461841a6371cb6.jpg

And wine with the ever present Portuguese potatoes.

Picture024.thumb.jpg.b35dae323e1c781908fd9acd08d82d59.jpg

Picture031.thumb.jpg.8715a590083abe941b461841a6371cb6.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Its very hot and humid.  I have been very jealous of those who have said their humidity will be going down,  Just this second, the computer put up a big blue image-HUMID.  The curtains are closed, but i see through the small opening (where the cat sneaks onto the window sill) that the sun is out, oh, it's 76. Weatherman said last night it will get up into the 90's today.

@grapau27I love your pictures out the window when you are at the beach, good weather or bad, but your most recent food porm from the Lake Country have been fabulous.  They truly inspire me to eat breakfast-somewhere...just not here.  This mornings it's Eggos and fresh fruit.

I heard something buzz this morning, way too early. I didn't register what would be beeping so early. It was my cell phone with a text.  It was my neighbor telling me she was staying home today, bad headache, and I don't have to walk the dog.  Which meant I could have slept later, but couldn't because there was this strange buzz.  She wakes up at 3 to start her day, so she had to wait 3 and a half hours to tell me she wasn't going to work, and that I don't have to get up early....

3f91c794676b2ea0356ace56bf816c58.jpg

I sent an email last week to the woman who said she was interested in adopting Turnip, but have not heard back.  He may just stay, and that's fine with me. For some reason as he is becoming more cat, than tiny kitten, it appears that while Turnip was the appropriate name based on who is father is, that he is turning into a Murphy.  The name fits him.

Not my garden-

image.thumb.jpeg.ed6b74484a67259b8a97a13a00399dab.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.016779118117bfe5ab802096a7e722fb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e8ed4f3a1a9bf21ca6561660221febf8.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Orange Creamsicle cocktail

The orange creamsicle is a liquid version of the popular frozen treat, complete with a creamy orange flavor. You can enjoy it as a sweet cocktail or martini, a boozy float, a blended drink, or a tempting shot. However you pour it, they all have three things in common: vodka, orange (either juice or soda), and cream (cream, ice cream, or cream liqueur). All three ways to make it are sure to be delicious.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz. vanilla or whipped cream vodka
1/2 oz. triple sec
1 oz. half and half
1 oz. orange juice
Orange slice for garnish
Directions:
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the vodka, triple sec, half and half, and orange juice.
Shake well. Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
Garnish with an orange slice and serve.

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 6.32.23 AM.png

This was the secret to my weight loss. One a day!

IMG_2053.thumb.jpeg.6f8dbde0b1eee3939c2c240a0684a120.jpeg

• Like 20

1 minute ago, marshhawk said:

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Its very hot and humid.  I have been very jealous of those who have said their humidity will be going down,  Just this second, the computer put up a big blue image-HUMID.  The curtains are closed, but i see through the small opening (where the cat sneaks onto the window sill) that the sun is out, oh, it's 76. Weatherman said last night it will get up into the 90's today.

@grapau27I love your pictures out the window when you are at the beach, good weather or bad, but your most recent food porm from the Lake Country have been fabulous.  They truly inspire me to eat breakfast-somewhere...just not here.  This mornings it's Eggos and fresh fruit.

I heard something buzz this morning, way too early. I didn't register what would be beeping so early. It was my cell phone with a text.  It was my neighbor telling me she was staying home today, bad headache, and I don't have to walk the dog.  Which meant I could have slept later, but couldn't because there was this strange buzz.  She wakes up at 3 to start her day, so she had to wait 3 and a half hours to tell me she wasn't going to work, and that I don't have to get up early....

3f91c794676b2ea0356ace56bf816c58.jpg

I sent an email last week to the woman who said she was interested in adopting Turnip, but have not heard back.  He may just stay, and that's fine with me. For some reason as he is becoming more cat, than tiny kitten, it appears that while Turnip was the appropriate name based on who is father is, that he is turning into a Murphy.  The name fits him.

Not my garden-

image.thumb.jpeg.ed6b74484a67259b8a97a13a00399dab.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.016779118117bfe5ab802096a7e722fb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e8ed4f3a1a9bf21ca6561660221febf8.jpeg

Thank you for your kind comments Annie.

Sometimes I get strange looks off people when I take photos of my food but I don't mind because lots of nice people on here like yourself, friends on Royal Caribbean and P&O like to see them and keep asking if I don't post any.

Please look after yourself.

Graham.

• Like 15

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Just a quick response today. Lily's new baby sister's name is:

Poppy Linnea Mavie

Two middle names with the first one in honor of their Fertility Doctor. Not sure if they will come home today or tomorrow. 

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. I am frustrated daily by packaging due to my RA hands. I have all sorts of tools to use  to get things opened. I will salute Purple Hearts and professional speakers. The first soup recipe sounds like a good idea for today, thank you Debbie @dfish. I don’t think shallowness is a particularly good thing.I have not been to the port. I remember that man walking between the Twin Towers. I can’t even think about it.

@Heartgrove, Jack, I am so sorry about Sam and will think of all of you on Friday. 

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, the tree is beautiful! I was so sorry to read that DD’s foot is problematic, especially right before the wedding. I am glad that you will be able to see Ren soon.

@kazu, Sorry about the queasy stomach on top of everything else. I hope the day goes well with all your activities.

We are hoping to have a boring day today! Thanks to all for the well wishes.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Just a quick response today. Lily's new baby sister's name is:

Poppy Linnea Mavie

Two middle names with the first one in honor of their Fertility Doctor. Not sure if they will come home today or tomorrow. 

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

I bet little Poppy is just as cute as her name.  Congrats to the family!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

...Prayers for all who need our support. It pisses me off that I need to pray for Annie & Elizabeth because their bosses aren’t leaders, just managers. 

Thank you for the prayers, the support and understanding. 

• Like 20

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  There are many things that are over-packaged; what a waste of plastic.  And my time trying to open them.  I'd love to get some of the fees that professional speakers charge, but I don't know what I'd talk about.  Bless all those who have earned a Purple Heart.

It looks like we had more showers overnight, but this morning the sky is a weird grey-brown colour.   After turning on the radio it appears we have a "special air quality statement" due to smoke from forest fires - after going out the back door, I can understand why, as it smells like somebody just put out their campfire, wet ashes.  We won't be out in it long, but do have to go to the cardiac rehab program, and possibly stop for some groceries on the way home.  I feel for those who have to work outdoors today.

This afternoon we're getting a new garage door opener installed - the old one has certainly done it's job; it came with the house that was built in 1976, but the clicker stopped working about 20 years ago.  It will be nice having an automatic opener in the vehicle so one of us (me) doesn't have to get out in the middle of winter to open the door when we come back from shopping, etc.

@Heartgrovemy heart goes out to you; DH and I will be with you in spirit as you see Sam off on his way to the Rainbow Bridge.   I love the name of your new granddaughter!!

@RMLincolncongratulations on booking your cruise - it's so nice to have something to look forward to!

@kazuI'm sorry you're feeling poorly; you don't need tummy troubles at a time like this!

@marshhawkyour boss had the audacity to write you up?  SMH!!!  Best of luck for Chuck's appointment today.

@Haljo1935good luck with your HR meeting today.

I'd love the drink of the day (have written it down for testing purposes), will let others enjoy the wine and will pass on the soup.  Usually DH has coffee with his bandmates on Wednesdays, but won't be going because of the garage opener installation.  He has told me though, that he really likes the beef sandwiches from Tim's that he's been bringing home on Wednesdays, so I think we'll be heading over there to pick up something to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, in storms and fires, and in wars not of their making.  Cheers to all who have celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:
...Just a quick response today. Lily's new baby sister's name is:

Poppy Linnea Mavie

Such a sweet name - Poppy. I've always thought that's a nice name.

And Lilly & Poppy are a great combination. 

Congrats again.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Last night was hard which will likely make for a rough day today.

I had trouble getting to sleep. According to my watch, I slept a tad over 3 hours.

20240807_071734.thumb.jpg.2417b9ab14ede6d134c7fe74b44d3901.jpg

Between the allergies and the "upstairs squatter" rearranging the attic (mice?) and probably the weight of navigating the craziness of my job situation, it was just a bad night for sleep.

I have an appointment in the morning with a new Dr hoping they can become a back up of sorts for my PCP. Because they're online, I don't know if I could use them as my actual PCP 🤷‍♀️ there's a really good urgent care close by that is now open 7 days/wk so I have them to supplement care.

Hope to hear from the new neurologist today - OT said he does take a while to get into, but I'm ok w/that if he's good.

1:1 w/boss this afternoon. I am not bringing a breakout of my time/tasks, so we'll see how that's received. 🙄

Prayers 🙏and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, it's going to be a pleasant day here!  We'll have a few days without the heat and humidity!  The soup looks interesting, lots of things come in too much packaging that is hard to open, my uncle was honored with a purple heart and grandma had a gold star pin that she wore every day.  My mom had the purple heart in her jewelry box.  It went to my only surviving uncle when mom died. 

Our community has a water ski show every week, we may go tonight with DGD.  Otherwise, we have a quiet day.  I'm trying a new sourdough foccacia recipe today, need to go for some ingredients.  I'm going to use some tomatoes and basil from the garden! 

@HeartgroveThe baby name is wonderful, honoring the doctor!  My sympathy to you as you spend your last days with Sam...he had a wonderful life with you! 

@StLouisCruisersthe tree is again beautiful!  That is a fun idea, but I dare not buy anything new for our house...trying to downsize! 

@grapau27thanks for your food pictures!  I always enjoy them! 

@kazuHoping you feel better soon...it's tough to get the work done when you're not feeling well.  Your flowers are beautiful!

@marshhawkthinking about you and sending lots of good thoughts for you and DH...

@Cruzin Terriprayers that you continue to stay safe....everyone in the path of Debby.

@RedneckBobgood to see you back! 

@RMLincolnGood for you, and enjoy your cruise!  

Have a great day! K

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Good morning, it's going to be a pleasant day here!  We'll have a few days without the heat and humidity!  The soup looks interesting, lots of things come in too much packaging that is hard to open, my uncle was honored with a purple heart and grandma had a gold star pin that she wore every day.  My mom had the purple heart in her jewelry box.  It went to my only surviving uncle when mom died. 

Our community has a water ski show every week, we may go tonight with DGD.  Otherwise, we have a quiet day.  I'm trying a new sourdough foccacia recipe today, need to go for some ingredients.  I'm going to use some tomatoes and basil from the garden! 

@HeartgroveThe baby name is wonderful, honoring the doctor!  My sympathy to you as you spend your last days with Sam...he had a wonderful life with you! 

@StLouisCruisersthe tree is again beautiful!  That is a fun idea, but I dare not buy anything new for our house...trying to downsize! 

@grapau27thanks for your food pictures!  I always enjoy them! 

@kazuHoping you feel better soon...it's tough to get the work done when you're not feeling well.  Your flowers are beautiful!

@marshhawkthinking about you and sending lots of good thoughts for you and DH...

@Cruzin Terriprayers that you continue to stay safe....everyone in the path of Debby.

@RedneckBobgood to see you back! 

@RMLincolnGood for you, and enjoy your cruise!  

Have a great day! K

Thanks

• Like 12

Good morning everyone, another perfect summer day in Northern Michigan.  A nice respite from the heat that we had last week.  Thanks for today’s report, recipes and lists.

I’m with @aliaschief on the challenge that preposterous packing is for hands with arthritic thumbs, a relatively new thing for me.  Professional speakers do nothing for me, just more words.  I do admire Purple Heart recipients though who speak with their actions. Maybe I’m secretly from the Show Me state!

Funny quote.

The meal and drink sound pretty tasty. Since the overnight temp was in the 40’s soups are welcome here.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good hot, sunny morning from central Texas.  It is already 86F at 9:15 am with no wind, and a much lower humidity at 59% with a dew point of 70F.  I had be outside  about 45 minutes ago to put the car covers back on two cars, and it was already hot then.  The predicted high is 102F and even hotter tomorrow.  I will be staying inside trying to keep cool.

Particularly preposterous packaging can also mean not enough in some cases.  We've had refills of shower gel in plastic pouches that were shipped in bags, and it's a mess when the package is mashed down in transit and the shower gel leaks out.  We've enjoyed many of the professional speakers on various cruises.  Purple hearts are a nice way to honor the military personnel who have been wounded in action.

The Dennis Miller quote is weird, but about par of that comedian.

The white bean soup would be nice on a much, much cooler day.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in Portimao in 2008 on Prinsendam, and enjoyed our day ashore.

I had a transistor radio in the mid 1950s, but it was not a Sony.  I also remember the daredevil walking between the twin towers.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, your DD's tree is wonderful again.  I'm sorry her foot is bothering her again.  I hope it is much better by the time of the wedding.

@dobiemom  Marcia, you've had a lot of excitement at work lately.  I hope it returns to being somewhat boring.

@grapau27  Graham, I hope there are no problems with the protests in Sunderland and Newcastle today.

@cat shepard  Ann, I agree with your thoughts about Elizabeth's @Haljo1935 and Annie's @marshhawk bosses, except, I'm not sure I would call them managers, more like bullies because they have power.  

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you can get over the tummy issues, and that the doctor's have a plan for the pain that does not require surgery.  Your flowers are beautiful.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm happy you are doing all right and still have power and wifi.  Thanks for checking in and letting us know how things are going.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm sorry you did not sleep well last night.  I hope your pest guy gets there soon, and finds where the little varmints are getting in the house.

@aliaschief  Bruce, two people working together can handle removing a tree.  Some people in their 70s can really surprise you.

@tjcox9  Thanks for the pictures of Portimao.  We would love to go back there someday.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope the doctors can find a way to help your DH with his pain, swelling, and leg problems in addition to all the other issues.  HUGS!!

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope the appointment with the new doctor goes well.  Good luck with the one on one with your boss.

453746719_10225691080531657_624714136307895588_n.jpg.d0f96cba78c6ab09fc03a8b4f5dfb351.jpg

453974278_122165854454147421_5128718498945779767_n.jpg.a7c768894eb5a63d7ccd0de9f5c90ce7.jpg

454207913_122180502374035854_7373801735796001437_n.jpg.9eb786808c83c5e764637507e019ef06.jpg

454235278_10161510669746023_1255537695477758832_n.jpg.67fe8f99cc0c2900dbc86f2da8ac05cf.jpg

454238836_355622144261381_8403261571697665222_n.jpg.b21ed84b5028608af3074c758f1cdaf5.jpg

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 12

In 2008, we boarded the Prinsendam in Amsterdam for b2b cruises to the Mediterrean and the Black Sea.  One of our ports in Portugal was the lovely town of Portimao.  Prinsendam was able to dock at the cruise terminal which is on the Arade River.

Our first stop that day was in the main part of town where we walked around for a while.

IMG_3593.thumb.JPG.be2d63b27e35e171cf81cf4c7222592b.JPG

IMG_3594.thumb.JPG.cb2430d06a410eadfd2dcc27a2d9bb29.JPG

Façade of the Baroque Church of the College of Jesuits - 'Igreja do Colegio dos Jesuitas' inaugurated in 1707.

IMG_3595.thumb.JPG.0af359129a5bffda96d35824b879c439.JPG

IMG_3596.thumb.JPG.ab0e27086ba9b6ffc40ff910299734e9.JPG

IMG_3598.thumb.JPG.9768588e59c9335c85ad69eb989feaa0.JPG

We then went to the beach area.  This is the Bella Vista Hotel and Spa.

IMG_3604.thumb.JPG.aaeada7a91abd590381ccf684a371780.JPG

Avenida das Comunidades Lusíadas

IMG_3612.thumb.JPG.0ed7cf9bb37541da04c7b7227af0cd03.JPG

The beach area which seemed very popular.

IMG_3606.thumb.JPG.9545fe376e722fb6d8a16dff675b7eea.JPG

IMG_3609.thumb.JPG.97767e4a65cf0287f703c632face1034.JPG

IMG_3614.thumb.JPG.e968f31435b05691bfe8deee8f913365.JPG

These last pictures were taken from the Prinsendam as we sailed to the next port.

IMG_3617.thumb.JPG.c4ea7b3be9e48005d7af83bacc546704.JPG

IMG_3633.thumb.JPG.f3c9582fb0cb3d9d0889cf1b2779b912.JPG

Castelo Arade

IMG_3638.thumb.JPG.b6282434045962e926f2d8bb884de4f9.JPG

IMG_3640.thumb.JPG.160cb22cb308a1ed3bad61f791eaaea6.JPG

IMG_3650.thumb.JPG.2b0de00df66e24a6b00f885355bb50dc.JPG

IMG_3653.thumb.JPG.3bbaa304f128c11fcc19077f3f7c7829.JPG

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

ScreenShot2024-08-07at07_43_49.png.5e9bde86727076950a16e2ffccba6c2d.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  All I can say is "stupid packaging!" but I will recognize Purple Heart Day and I do admire some Professional speakers.  I am not so sure about the quote, I am not a fan of white beans or creamsicles or white wine so I will pass.  I have never been to Portimao.  Two interesting days and I do remember hearing about the walk in '74.

ScreenShot2024-08-02at06_24_45.thumb.png.12fa98c7ac684233eebd66b0569d88cb.png

We are under partly cloudy skies this morning so presently it is only 79F though with 68% humidity.  The prediction is mid 90s for the high with a high chance of thunderstorms.  We will see.  As I was watching the news yesterday morning, they were highlight @Cruzin Terri hometown Bluffton, SC.  Lots of rain!  Stay safe and dry!!

ScreenShot2024-08-04at09_55_01.thumb.png.2d68dfeff930f031942712aea828853b.png

The zoom call yesterday was very interesting - looking at a prototype for a website to sign up for Medicare Advantage Plans.  They told me they liked my feedback and "starred" me to give they feedback in the future.  As I am a computer nerd/lover, I find this kind of stuff fun.  

IMG_8189.JPG.ad1750e8d788bcde46422eddfd2d2985.JPG

Today is a day of cleaning, cooking, resting and putzing around.  @quilty964 you inspired me to research a sourdough focaccia recipe.  Found one so I stopped reading the daily and went to start making it.  It won't be done until tomorrow.  I am enjoying this baking obsession I have acquired.

@Heartgrove Lovely name for your newest addition!!

@kazu Absolutely beautiful flowers!!

@marshhawk Put the write-up behind you and trudge on.  

@Haljo1935 Good luck with HR!

@tjcox9 Thanks for the port photos!!  Lovely!!

@dobiemom I am so afraid of fires your real fire alarm would have scared me silly!  Glad you are safe.

Thoughts for all and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

As I was watching the news yesterday morning, they were highlight @Cruzin Terri hometown Bluffton, SC.  Lots of rain!  Stay safe and dry!!

Hi Penny,

Thankfully that is not the community where I live.  That area is in a very low lying area.  Part of the problem there is that after the roads flooded, cars were driving by and causing waves that caused water to enter the houses.  

I live in an area where we are 20 feet above sea level.  So far the pond behind our house has not overflowed.  There are some puddles that are getting larger and inching their way to the back of our house.  Hopefully they will not get larger.

The golf cart path  is semi flooded but I think the golf course is absorbing a lot of the water.

So far we are okay and still have power.

Latest photo.

IMG_3434.jpeg

IMG_3433.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I think it's preposterous packaging when I get a small item in a big box or something delicate with not enough padding. I'll salute Purple Heart recipients. Professional speaking is probably not easy. Funny quote, by a comedian who's from here. Yes to the meal (in fall), and drink. Pass on the wine. I have been to Portugal, but not Portimao. A good day in history for the transistor radio.

We had quite a wet day yesterday. Rounds of hard rain. The Pirates baseball game didn't start until 9:40 and ended after midnight, due to rain delays. Today it's cloudy and cooler. Only 75F now, and probably a high of 82. I think I'll bake my sourdough boule that's in the fridge being cold retarded. And do some paperwork cleanup; my desk is a mess! Thinking of all those in the path of Debby; we'll get some rain from her on Friday, but only 1"-2".

@StLouisCruisers I had a warm tender egg-sized lump with my first shingles shot, but my second was not as bad. Maybe put some ice on it? Lovely tree, as usual, by DD. I'm sorry to hear about her foot issues, especially with the wedding coming up soon. 

@dobiemom Too much excitement at your workplace! I'm glad everyone and the building is ok.

@grapau27 I hope the protests are peaceful.

@kazu I'm sorry your stomach is queasy; maybe due to stress? You've got a lot on your plate right now (no pun intended). I hope your doctor and physio can sort out what's going on with you physically. Take care of yourself. Beautiful flowers in your garden. 

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you are safe and still have power and wifi. 

@dfish I hope your pest guy is there PDQ! Thanks for the recipes. 

@aliaschief Wow on that gentleman taking down that large tree with only his wife for help; that would be tough without the heat and at a younger age.

@tjcox9 Thanks for the Portimao photos. 

@marshhawk I can't believe your boss wrote you up! I hope Chuck's appointment goes well today.

@Heartgrove Thanks for sharing the new little one's name. 

@smitty34877 Thinking of you and the family today and hoping for boring.

@ger_77 The new garage door opener will be nice. I had to get a new one last year for one of the 2 doors, and it even has wifi, so I would be notified if it opened or I can check to make sure I shut it.

@Haljo1935 I'm sorry you got so little sleep last night. I hope you get to see the new neurologist soon. Good luck with the meeting with the boss this afternoon.

@quilty964 I've only made sourdough foccacia once, and it was dangerous; I wanted to eat the whole pan right then!  

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  A little cooler this morning with possible light showers this afternoon. We actually had a light rain yesterday, so there is hope. I was up early to go to the store to pick up milk and a couple other items. I have paperwork and bill paying to complete today.... and tossing more stuff. Yesterday I started out with good intentions, found a book I had not read and sat down with it. So much for that afternoon. Oh well, the book is now ready to head out to the library donation bin.

Little else. @StLouisCruisersI love the all season tree. Clever idea. @kazuSorry you are not feeling well. It very well may be stress. I know I could not keep up your pace in getting the house ready and things disposed of. I need to get a lot more ruthless. (eek!!! blue bubble is disappearing). My best wishes to all others dealing with weather or illness. Better sign off while I am ahead. I think my old computer is thinking of giving up the ghost.

Susan

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3